• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Project Destiny

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
I don't really agree with Ralts as a starter choice. First off, it's part Fairy type. Fairy resists Dark, and Dark is weak to Fairy. This means that Ralts would have an advantage over both Machop and Sandile, while Sandile would have a type advantage over nothing. Secondly, Kirlia has two evolutions, namely Gardevoir and Gallade. Machoke and Krokorok can only evolve in Machamp and Krookodile respectively.

That's why I'd like to suggest that you bring back Solosis as the Psychic starter. If this conflicts with Sandile, you should make Larvitar the Dark starter, re-type Larvitar and Pupitar into Rock/Dark types, alter their stats and movepools to fit in with the other starters, and give Tyranitar something like Intimidate or Battle Armor instead of Sand Stream.

Good point, I completely forgot that Fairy resisted Dark. Hm, and the Gallade evolution never really bothered me but it doesn't make sense for only Ralts to have multiple evolutions. I'll see what I can do about it. I'll probably replace Ralts with either Solosis or Gothita. The Larvitar idea is a good one so I'll take that into account.

Though even though I have a triangle, your rival won't be using any of them, so in terms of gameplay it shouldn't affect your advantage at all. So I might still keep Ralts, but the evolution thing mentioned earlier does bother me.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Can I make more re-typing ideas? If yes, then...

Luxray - Electric/Dark
Petilil and Lilligant - Grass/Fairy
Granbull - Fairy/Dark
Masquerain - Bug/Water (maybe with Levitate)
Druddigon - Dragon/Rock
Psyduck and Golduck - Water/Psychic
The Goomy line - Dragon/Poison

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Name for the trainer: Jackson
Trainer class: Ace Trainer
Pokémon: Toxicroak,Sceptile,Electivire,Gengar,Talonflame,Gardevoir
Any other details?: Put Gale Wings on Talonflame and Unburden (I think it exists in Mrds's base, if not then no) on Sceptile

Years
Name for the trainer: Kyle
Pokémon: Electivire, Torterra, Empoleon, Infernape, Staraptor, & Glaceon
Any other details?: I like 4th gen

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Name for the trainer: Terumi
Pokémon: Hydreigon, Serperior, Gengar, Scrafty, Tentacruel, Weavile.
Any other details?:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Name for the trainer: Jackson
Pokémon: Toxicroak,Sceptile,Electivire,Gengar,Talonflame,Gardevoir
Any other details?: Put Gale Wings on Talonflame and Unburden (I think it exists in Mrds's base, if not then no) on Sceptile

Name for the trainer: Kyle
Pokémon: Electivire, Torterra, Empoleon, Infernape, Staraptor, & Glaceon
Any other details?: I like 4th gen

Name for the trainer: Terumi
Pokémon: Hydreigon, Serperior, Gengar, Scrafty, Tentacruel, Weavile.
Any other details?:
Spoiler:

While I'm flattered that you all want to be Ace Trainers, it will most likely not happen. I will take everything you guys have said into consideration though.

Can I make more re-typing ideas? If yes, then...

Luxray - Electric/Dark
Petilil and Lilligant - Grass/Fairy
Granbull - Fairy/Dark
Masquerain - Bug/Water (maybe with Levitate)
Druddigon - Dragon/Rock
Psyduck and Golduck - Water/Psychic
The Goomy line - Dragon/Poison

While I do like changing things up, typings for Pokémon is something I don't want to touch because if it's too much out of the normal, people will get confused. I might change typings for Pokémon that I feel are underpowered, but other than that I doubt I will touch it.
[a id]update2[/a id]
Update
There has been a lot of work and progress. All of the expanded Pokémon that you can encounter now have fully added stats, movesets and evolutions. On top of that I've finished scripting Vervelon Forest and finished mapping Route 2. I've also cleaned up a lot of my coding and fixed a ton of bugs that I wasn't even aware of before I went ahead and played through the game myself. Another thing to take into account is that I've added a small section between Route 1 and Vervelon Forest called a "Research Facility". They are spread throughout the region in various areas in order to give you rewards for capturing Pokémon and give you hints on towards where to find rare ones.

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Name for the trainer: Adam
Trainer class: Ruin Maniac
Pokémon: Sandslash, Steelix, Machoke and Bronzong.
Any other details?: I'd like him to say "I seem to have dug up a worthy opponent!" and then when he loses "It seems I've uncovered a real defeat!"

Last edited:

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
Years
Name for the trainer: Daryl
Trainer class: Bird Keeper
Pokémon: Pidgeot, Skarmory, Staravia & Noctowl
Any other details?: I'd want his personality to be Modest and his sprite from R/S/E. also he always know that he'll lose.

Last edited:
Years
Name for the trainer:Ryuho
Trainer class:Cool Trainer
Pokémon:Lucario,Syther,Noctowl,Jolteon,Sandslash,Weavile
Any other details?:Intro : "Yo!"
Lose: "That's it i'm done going home going bed".

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Name for the trainer: Epsilon
Trainer class: Ace Trainer/Cooltrainer (If I can't be those, then make me an Expert or Dragon Tamer. Probably Expert, since I'm not using any Dragon-types.)
Pokémon: Bisharp, Sceptile(Could be replaced by a Breloom that knows Spore), Tyranitar, Alakazam(Could be Kadabra holding Eviolite). If allowed a full team, then include Azumarill and either Chandelure or Gengar.
Any other details?:
Battle Quote: Get ready!
Lose Quote: Not as planned.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
Name for the trainer: Titas
Trainer class: Cool Trainer
Pokémon: Torkoal, Sharpedo, Torterra
Any other details?: Intro: "...This'll be a one-shot match." Lose: "..Tch! I shouldn't have held back."

Reworked this a few times because some stuff didn't make sense.

Last edited:

chen12

Game On!
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Name for the trainer: X
Trainer class: Researcher
Pokémon: Magnezone, Ditto, Tangrowth, Shuckle, Bronzong
Any other details?: Magnezone has Volt Switch, Tangrowth has Ingrain, Bronzong has Levitate

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
I appreciate all of the trainer requests and have currently temporarily closed the trainer application until further notice. It got a bit overwhelmed by it but I will take everyone into consideration for when the time comes.

Update
I excuse for the lack of updates but I have some bad and good news to share. The good news is that I've gotten decent progress and finished scripting Route 2. The town is still being planned and mapped and I've decided to share some screenshots:

yoywfD5.png
4iwLxeV.png
S1MfTTp.png

The bad news is that I'm putting the hack on a hiatus until further notice. I've been really busy recently with other stuff and my lack of interest for hacking is not helping, but I'm still gonna work on it, but at a much slower rate, so the thread won't be updated as much. But I really appreciate all of the support you guys have shown and hopefully this hack will see more updates in the future.

Back