• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] BEYOND THE GODS[OOC][T]

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    BEYOND THE GODS[OOC][T]
    CHERUB APPLICATION
    Name: ???

Essence: She finds her Essence in the power of fire and heat. She is capable of controlling this power through dance-like movements. The power of these flames depend on the complexity of her movements and the amount of focus she puts into her dance. Some of her flame manipulation ranges from starting up tiny sparks, to flinging fireballs from her palms, all the way to forming some sort of flame-based cyclone by spinning around at a very rapid pace. As one might expect, her body's durability and energy serves as a factor in the strength of these flames. The longer she moves and dances over time, the weaker the fire may become. If she should become extremely fatigued, her essence may every well become unusable until her stamina recovers.

Appearance: A sight of true beauty. Her skin has a deep, sun-kissed complexion. Her long, flowing head is a dark red in color, cascading down to her lower back with her bangs staying neatly out of her gentle, golden-yellow eyes. Her nose comes to a small point, which match her ears that come to a small point of sorts as well. She has full lips which seem to naturally fall into a soft smile at almost all times.

She has a delicate, slender body build, which is accentuated by curves in all the right places. Her height falls roughly at about 5'7", with a modest bosom and hips to compliment her dancer-like body. Her nails are a bit on the long-side, but they are well maintained and evenly shaped. They are colored a deep red, matching the color of her hair. The wings she sprouts have a spread of about six feet. They are golden in color, similar to that of her eyes, with faint red colorings at the tips.

Personality: A smile graces her lips with a genuinely positive attitude and outlook. One could possibly call her attitude down-right bubbly, with a sense of naivety about her. It could be easily said that the Cherub is almost downright innocent, simply using her essence to combat demons because it is what she exists for. She is not one to second guess anything, and easily believes much of what anyone would tell her.

A rush of energy always seems to go through her. Being born into this world, she constantly finds herself excited is always ready to learn and explore to learn things about it. She is very vocal about her opinions and questions, regardless of if they are wrong or not, and very open and friendly with those she may encounter. At times, she might very easily push the wrong buttons or say something that could easily upset one nearby. However, she never actually means any harm.

History: Despite her current personality, she was not always that way. Throughout her early years of consciousness, she was constantly made aware to the sounds of humanity's cries for help and salvation. It made her ache along with them, feeling their despair and hopelessness slowly start to wash over the mortal creatures. One could dare say it threatened to push her to a breaking point. She did not understand why such things could possibly be allowed to happen.

Time slowly passed. She was not sure of just how long, but she could feel that humanity's pain was slowly beginning to lessen. Yet despite knowing this, her heart was still heavy with grief. She knew that humanity, while they were beginning to grow to resist or come to terms with their nightmarish life, they still had a long road to travel. It was during this time that a strange sound and feeling began to become aware to her. Oddly enough, it was not those humans who had managed to resist the demons and fight back... Rather, it was the sound of the children.

She had come to discover that despite it all, the children somehow found... happiness. They were able to always keep a smile on their face, as if their innocence was all they needed to somehow push forward and survive. It was this feeling that she became attached to the most. It made the weight of pain she felt grow so much lighter. It was that point that she knew, that should she ever find herself called upon, she would fight... for the children.

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • I totally finished my SU. Check it out?

Looks great Challenger, I like the way you fleshed him out. Can't way to see the way he interacts with everyone. Especially my silent avenger lol. Since he's based off of the Celtic, I'm wondering if he's going to talk like Viking or something (I think they're related somehow) lol.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Imagine his voice to be a deep, low Scottish/Celtic voice. A stereotypical Viking if you will.

EDIT: But Vikings and Celts are a bit different. They're a bit different religion wise. Vikings were Norse, Celts were Celts. The Norse were in northern Europe, like Denmark or Iceland. The Celts were in Britain, Scotland, and Ireland. I personally prefer the Celt's history a bit more.

#HistoryDoucheBag

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • * Heads Up: Just to let you guys know, I do believe we're missing one more spot for this RP to be complete. If no one signs-up by the end of tonight, I'll say around 12:00, I'll make a disciple.

Your pairings should be by tonight and I'll post the IC tomorrow. I hope you're all as excited as I'am :)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Hey there YG (I'm gonna start calling you YG now if that's cool). I still want my Cherub to be Up to fate, but I was wondering if you could either assign me to Albunnie or Nyxshooter's characters. Not because the others aren't any good, but because we've specifically talked about it. Thanks!

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • Hey there YG (I'm gonna start calling you YG now if that's cool). I still want my Cherub to be Up to fate, but I was wondering if you could either assign me to Albunnie or Nyxshooter's characters. Not because the others aren't any good, but because we've specifically talked about it. Thanks!

No problem, SV. I actually like the YG nickname, to be honest. Anywayyyy, no problem, SV.

Reactions: SV

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I can't wait :x I just wish there was a wimp of a disciple to be paired with >.> *cough* hinthint *cough*

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • * * Update: Alright guys the pairings are up. Take a look and get acquainted with your partners. The generator, after thirty even generations, have paired you all up. It is Fate at work so take it in stride. I will post the IC thread tomorrow and get Arlo up tonight, so you guys can know what to expect.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    very excited :p no wimpy disciple, but Thaig seems likeable enough :P while he is already the type who would put their best foot forward, he might just be a little too nice for my cherubs taste.

Years
  • So I'm paired with the red-eyed Lady after all. This should be interesting. I'm sure we'll be good friends, eventually.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • DISCIPLE APPLICATION

BEYOND THE GODS[OOC][T]
    Name: Arlo

Cherub: Up to Fate

Appearance: Arlo is a pale skinned youth with unusual dual-toned hair. Its naturally wild and unruly, strands of mostly white and black sways in whatever direction the wind tosses it. The boy has a diamond shaped face that carries strong angular features around the jaw, and boyish cheeks that often reveals his boyhood to those with a keen eye. And while his hair will be the first feature that one would notice, it would undoubtedly be the oddity of his eyes that provokes the most questions. One of his eyes are a very light blue, resembling ice when the sun strikes it right; while the other is majorly black with a golden iris.

While is body is lithe, it should be stated that he is short for his age. He stands at around 5'5" and weighs little more than 130lbs. For a male of his height, his body is well-toned and leaned; the image of speed and agility being visible when he's not covered with baggy clothes. On his pale skin is a large three-clawed scar that trails down his back from his left shoulder to his right hip.

He only has the clothes that his Divine left to him, simplistic and very plain, and that's being polite. Around his neck is a maroon muffler that he holds dear to his heart and a threaded necklace that he holds even more so. Adoring his torso is a black long-sleeve tunic, its sleeves already crusted with the blood of demons, while dark blue trouser fall on his legs and are torn near the ankles. Thanks to the expert hands of a trusted friend, he has sandals that he can wear on his feet.

Personality: Arlo is a calm and silent individual who obeys most commands with little arguments. Because his savior was a Divine and the being pounded the goals of his existence into his head; Arlo is extremely loyal to the specific Cherub that he's bound to. Even to the point that he's willing to combat the other Cherubs to defend him. While on the topic of combat, Arlo is wholly against fighting unless absolutely necessarily and that it tossing the term necessary to the extreme.

If he feels the battle can be handled without him, then he'll most likely sit it out until otherwise needed. Most will see this as cowardice as he doesn't express or let out any aptitude towards the crude action but he simply despises fighting. He has the bad habit of rubbing the tear-shaped sapphire on his necklace whenever troubled.

When forced to do combat, Arlo often exposes a rather terrifying persona. Ruthless to the point of obscene and deadly to the extent that most can't stand being within a few feet of him; he's often made out to be a monster afterwards. His demeanor is usually taken as demonic or devilish, leaving others to take a gamble as to fight alongside him or not.

History: A youth whose family was taken by Achelous' demon horde when he six, he was by some miracle spared from their death by a Divine. He was taken in and trained afterwards, his body cursed by a demonic infection and cured by the awakening of his Disciple powers. Over the course of several years he went through intense training with his stern mentor, always pushing him to the brink, and always reminding him of his fate.

Eventually, his training transitioned to extermination missions; events that would prove the Hunters inferior to the might of a Disciple. He took out a small group of four alone, and saved several humans that would have normally died. Once he was done with his training, Arlo has since opted to not turn to violence unless absolutely necessary; he's noticed the blood-lust that spills from his body when engaging in combat, and he utterly despises it. He hopes that his Cherub is just as much of a coward as he is.

Weapon: Sins and Burden | Dual Swords & Chain

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • Alright guys the IC is up and revving to go!

Now, this isn't keeping you guys from posting, its just something I've always wanted to know. Would you guys prefer a structured posting order or a loose one? I know that since I've been here, I've thought about it once or twice. Of course this posting order will come with some strict rules. Since school is starting; I'll give you three days to post and such, if you still haven't by then, we'll skip you and keep going; you'll just be a shadow in the background. (If you know its going to take longer than two days, let us know in OOC ahead time, so we can go ahead and continue)

Also, if we do it this way, would anyone like to be first? cause I will have the last spot; for easy transitions that is.

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I think a free posting order would ultimately be better so people can flesh things out in a post or two. That being said, it should come with the restriction that no one can just hijack the the thread. Like if the post goes ABAB, then before either A or B can post, C or D should post, even preferably a few posts between to make it seem like one person isn't running the show. ultimately i think we will have a good feel for it, but a posting order would put on a huge restriction imo.

EDIT: That being said, I'll have my post up later tonight after I get off work.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • I think a free posting order would ultimately be better so people can flesh things out in a post or two. That being said, it should come with the restriction that no one can just hijack the the thread. Like if the post goes ABAB, then before either A or B can post, C or D should post, even preferably a few posts between to make it seem like one person isn't running the show. ultimately i think we will have a good feel for it, but a posting order would put on a huge restriction imo.

EDIT: That being said, I'll have my post up later tonight after I get off work.

I can't understand what you're talking about. It hard trying to find a middle man for creativity and order. I'm hoping that the rate of everyone posts stays relative to what we got going on right now.

If no one else wishes to vote, then I guess we'll keep it this way :)

P.S. Great posts guys! you all make me feel accomplished and hopeful on the inside lol. Now we wait for Mr. Nyx and then we can move on.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I can't understand what you're talking about. It hard trying to find a middle man for creativity and order. I'm hoping that the rate of everyone posts stays relative to what we got going on right now.

If no one else wishes to vote, then I guess we'll keep it this way :)

P.S. Great posts guys! you all make me feel accomplished and hopeful on the inside lol. Now we wait for Mr. Nyx and then we can move on.

Basically just that if you restrict people to a posting order, they can't interact as well without coordinating it ahead of time. Which I suppose wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I prefer more free interactions. If we're caught waiting for others too long, it might hurt the RP a bit, imo. Obviously we can wait on people for the more important bits (like opening posts and such).

Years
  • I'm gonna agree with the free order. Sometimes people just can't get on, and making everyone else wait isn't fair, especially if two other players are both on.

In regards to the ABAB scenario, I suggest joint posts, coordinated through PM's or other means. Simply to keep post count down if you know a lengthy back and forth is coming.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • UNEXPECTED!​

Well not really. I'm sure a few of you could predict that I was going to have some early action thrown into the story. Anyway, if your character wishes, they can rush down the mountain to the third colony; that is if they know where it is.

For those that don't, have no fear, Zosimus will lead them there if their is no questions or misunderstandings lol.

Back