• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add an Alolan form

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
Years
  • Come up with a new Alolan form for a Pokemon.

I'm going to concoct an Alolan Rapidash. It will be a water/ fairy type. She will look similar to normal Rapidash but have a green kelp-like mane and maybe bits of sea shell strewn throughout it. She gets swift swim as her ability and I will add to her arsenal waterfall and play rough! This is a water horse, my hippocampus :D

Step right up! What pokemon will you guys think of next?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Come up with a new Alolan form for a Pokemon.

I'm going to concoct an Alolan Rapidash. It will be a water/ fairy type. She will look similar to normal Rapidash but have a green kelp-like mane and maybe bits of sea shell strewn throughout it. She gets swift swim as her ability and I will add to her arsenal waterfall and play rough!

Step right up! What pokemon will you guys think of next?

Alolan Fearow. Ice/Flying Type such that it?s adapted to the harsh conditions of Mount Lanakila. Has the ability Snow Warning and is basically a Snowy White Bird with Blue tipped wings(similar to Alolan Vulpix if I had to give an example). Would be a poor man?s Articuno too.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Alolan Qwilfish. Steel/Poison. Buffed defenses but slower and less attack. Looks like a naval mine. Has ability where when it faints it automatically uses explosion. This adaptation is in response to the Toxapex competition

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Eh dragon/water isn't that great, otherwise Kingdra would be dominating tier lists

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Alolan Swanna. Its a fairy and flying type.This pokemon has obvious gender differences like pyroar. The male Alolan Swanna is indigo and emerald-colored with extra tail feathers featuring golden eyes that make it resemble a peacock.

The female doesn't have the elaborate train of feathers and has a more sedate color scheme with a white and brown body and only green features around the neck. The shiny form of both the male and female is silver and white all over, inspired by albino peafowls.

Male Alolan Swanna upon evolution learn Tail Glow because Peacock's have to spread their feathers :)

Last edited:

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Alolan Slaking. Alolan slaking looks more like a sloth bear than a regular sloth, his fur is darker and more plentiful and he stands up like vigoroth. His ability is pick-up instead of Truant. Slaking has been chained to the wall for long enough!

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Alolan Slaking. Alolan slaking looks more like a sloth bear than a regular sloth, his fur is darker and more plentiful and he stands up like vigoroth. His ability is pick-up instead of Truant. Slaking has been chained to the wall for long enough!

Does it change type? It sounds overpowered now that it can freely abuse its absurd stats.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Does it change type? It sounds overpowered now that it can freely abuse its absurd stats.

I knew that I was missing something... I guess I could add grass to its normal typing like Sawsbuck since sloth bears live in forests. Lemme put some banana leaves onto the fingertips of this furry brown critter.

So he has more weaknesses now not just fighting, but ice, fire, flying, poison, bug. Those ice and fire moves in particular are gonna hit on the hard side with his lower special. However, in light of this I think we can give him an ability better than pickup. I'll make it sap sipper because bears like honey and stuff. It looks like you won't be getting around my Slaking with spore :p

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I knew that I was missing something... I guess I could add grass to its normal typing like Sawsbuck since sloth bears live in forests. Lemme put some banana leaves onto the fingertips of this furry brown critter.

So he has more weaknesses now not just fighting, but ice, fire, flying, poison, bug. Those ice and fire moves in particular are gonna hit on the hard side with his lower special. However, in light of this I think we can give him an ability better than pickup. I'll make it sap sipper because bears like honey and stuff. It looks like you won't be getting around my Slaking with spore :p

Still tanky and fast without Truant to hold it back. And a immunity to grass and spore? What fearsome power, now it can shut down the likes of Smeargle. You've created a monster Sam.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Cubone. The concept of a Ground-type evolving into a Fire/Ghost-type seems weird and almost wrong.

Years
  • I don't have anything specific in mind, but I think that a couple of alolan forms wouldn't have hurt to add in US/UM. Maybe twelve more to round it to thirty alolan forms in total?

Agreed here. The number of Alolan forms that were revealed are... surprisingly small for something that Game Freak made such a huge deal about. :x So I suppose more wouldn't exactly hurt, but it's too late for that now I think rip.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Alolan Koffing/Weezing
    Type: Dark/Poison
    Ability: Levitate

Alolan Milotic might be OP but I think this takes the win for OP. Short of facing Mold Breaker opponents, there is nothing that is Super Effective against this as Dark removes Poison's Psychic vulnerability and Levitate removes Ground. Conversely, Poison reduces Dark's vulnerability to Fairy, Fighting and Bug. Tack on immunity to being Poisoned and owning Fairy, Grass, Ghost and Psychic and you got a versatile Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Alolan Bellsprout/Weepinbel/Victreebel
    Type: Fire/Grass
    Ability: Chlorophyll/Corrosion (HA)

It's body turns from yellow to orange with black leaves. Due to the intense heat of Alola, the Bellsprout line have been known to be frequently lit on fire. Despite being dangerously close to extinction in Alola as a result, the Pokémon have been able to adapt and have become a newly discovered species of fiery plants.

Fire/Grass is a type combination that many fans wanted since day one. My interpretation of an Alolan Victreebel would be influenced by a Venus Fire Trap from the Mario series. By becoming a Fire-type, Victreebel has no difficulty with preying on most Bug-types in the wild. It has extremely scorching, yet corrosive saliva.

It's mostly an excuse just to give Fire Lash wider distribution, but with decent mixed attacking stats and moves able to hit Steel-types, Victreebel can be a surprising asset, even if it's not going to see much use in OU.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I still think it's wrong that we didn't get an Alolan Vanillite line based on Hawaiian shaved ice. I probably wouldn't like it more than the original, but still. Too bad Alola's regional variants were exclusive to Gen. I Pokémon...

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I still think it's wrong that we didn't get an Alolan Vanillite line based on Hawaiian shaved ice. I probably wouldn't like it more than the original, but still. Too bad Alola's regional variants were exclusive to Gen. I Pokémon...

After thinking about it a bit, I think they purposely did Alolan variants around Kanto Pokemon with LGPE in mind since the Kanto Pokedex has gaping holes with regards to the Type chart. Alolan Rattata, Alolan Meowth and Alolan Grimer are all Dark Types, which the Kanto region has zero of. Alolan Raichu getting Psychic wasn't needed but Electric/Psychic is a rare combination. Alolan Exeggutor being part Dragon was done because Dratini line is it for Dragon types unless they add in Pokemon like Kingdra. Same deal with Alolan Marowak when it comes to Ghost Types since Gastly line is it(while also boosting Fire Types). Magnemite is the only one for Steel, hence why Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Diglett are part Steel. Finally Alolan Vulpix boosts Ice and more importantly Fairy because there are just three Fairy lines in Kanto(Mr.Mime, Clefairy and Jigglypuff). The one that puzzles me though is Alolan Geodude. Guess they had to add a Rock/Electric combination.

Years
  • Obligatory mention of Butterfree because its counterpart Beedrill managed to get Mega while Butterfree was simply left in the dust.

Back