• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oak's Aides

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Infernape, please. :)

Yeah, I can. :) I'll see if I can send you some proof later.

TheLegendaryMew

Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!
Years
Thanks for the application, however, I think between myself and some input from .Mini we won't need another dedicated story developer.

Despite that, I will be posting some ideas in the thread so please feel free to comment on them as a member of the forum rather than as a proper member. :)

No problem, thanks for reading anyways :) and I will be sure to give some feedback on your ideas :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Here's Your Sprite Hope you like it
U can Call it a Fusion
View attachment 63974

Hey, looks pretty good! The v-section of the skirt looks a bit lopsided, maybe make it look more like a belt or something if you could? :D Also the black outline looks a bit pixelly around the skirt and more so arms, dunno how to fix that though - maybe use the dark green instead of black to outline the clothes? :S

*-**-* Tile update *-**-*

So I have found a good minitree :3 There will be more trees in the future, however half of the map is very pine-forest orientated so:

SmallTreeTile.png

From the tileset put together by chimcharsfireworkd. Not sure which specific person made this tree though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Where is everyone at?

Tiles update:

NewTiles01.png

• House originally by PrinceLegendario but pretty much unrecognisable now, bar the roof. The PokéCenter window was quickly edited by me (there is a normal window version for houses).
  • The flowers are nintendo, edited by me.
  • Signpost, scratched by me (and it will hopefully improve a bit).

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Them tiles look awesome, Swift! Really good choice! Also i've finished Athaga's battle sprite! Here it is!:
23ijsk3.jpg
:)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Here's Your Sprite Hope you like it
U can Call it a Fusion
attachment.php

Them tiles look awesome, Swift! Really good choice! Also i've finished Athaga's battle sprite! Here it is!:
23ijsk3.jpg
:)

So thanks to Punnagg and Atif the sprites are doing well (Bertha and Agatha respectively). Keep up the good work guys!

We could do with a good scripter (fanp applied but I'm waiting for an advanced script). In the future we will need some ASM to create some great unique events/features/scripts - I may have to ask in some favours for that and start learning myself as well. We will also need a title screen put together, and the map sprited but those things can wait.

Once Chrunch is finished with the first map and I have applied the new tiles to it I shall show everyone :3

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
This team looks like it's progressing pretty well, and I see that you've chosen to use a fr/lg style, I would suggest using some tiles from alistair and war8, they have some fr/lg styled tiles that may come in handy.

so yeah, anyways, good luck with this hack, seems like it'll become succesful if you keep at it.

http://war8.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d4mvqor
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/CKmaster/alistairtiles.png

Thanks for the links :) I am slowly editing and changing the tiles and adding as much variety as I can, no doubt I'll find something from these to include.

Tiles update!

I now have most of the nature tiles updated, I think they look amazing together and I've tried mapping with them - looks good!

TilesUpdate.png

Credits to Zein and Chimcharfireworkd for the tree tiles, everything else is mine or slightly edited nintendo.

Tiles still to updates:
2nd House tiles
Mountain tiles
'Unique' building tiles.

If you have seen any nice ones then PM/VM me a link and I'll see :3 Nice mountain palletes will be the hardest thing.

POKéDEX

I would like you guys help to pick everyones favourite pokémon from Gen1-4 (or ones you would like to see in a hack) to make our 151 for the region Pokédex. Please pick:
  • 3x Non-Evolving Pokémon
  • 3x 2-Stage Evolutions
  • 3x 3-Stage Evolutions

(Try to pick a variety of types, and keep Dragons to a minimum).

Pokémon that are included so far, due to story reasons:

Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard

Gastly
Haunter
Gengar

Chansey
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite

Celebi

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I'll try! :)
3x Non-Evolving Pokémon - Spinda, Heracross and Absol.
3x 2-Stage Evolutions - Lombre, Staravia and Swellow.
3x 3-Stage Evolutions - Flygon?, Walrein and Jumpluff.
I hope they are good :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'll try! :)
3x Non-Evolving Pokémon - Spinda, Heracross and Absol.
3x 2-Stage Evolutions - Lombre, Staravia and Swellow.
3x 3-Stage Evolutions - Flygon?, Walrein and Jumpluff.
I hope they are good :D

Thanks for the picks :3 Interesting mix! I'll keep updating what is in the list so far to make it easier for people (it's even colour-coded). I added a few of my choices to start balancing out the types.

Spoiler:

I would like to help with the title screen in this romhack, but I have no experience in rom hacking. Would you or would you not accept newbies?

I have no problem accepting newbies! However I think that there are regulations on the palette and size of the titlescreen, so if you would like to do it you'd need to read up on those :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Alrighty! Thanks and no problem! I'm hoping to make my own romhack someday and would love the opportunity of getting some experience! Thanks and I'll make sure to study on the topic!

Cool :3 Have a read around, maybe try and copy some tutorials, then get back to me and we'll discuss ideas :D

Years
Alright! I tinkered around with it and I understand how to change the charizard sprite to a different Pokemon sprite and also learned how to change the background of the title screen as well! I haven't learned how to change the Fire Red text quite yet but I'm sure I will find out to soon!

Do you have an idea of what you want the title screen of this rom hack to look like?

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Alright! I tinkered around with it and I understand how to change the charizard sprite to a different Pokemon sprite and also learned how to change the background of the title screen as well! I haven't learned how to change the Fire Red text quite yet but I'm sure I will find out to soon!

Do you have an idea of what you want the title screen of this rom hack to look like?

You know, you can just create a whole new titlescreen like so:
Spoiler:
and reduce the colors to 256 (using irfanview) and just use a tutorial on how to insert it in the ROM.

EDIT: The screen size should be 240 x 160.

Last edited:
Back