• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oak's Aides

droomph

weeb
Years
  • So are we going to move this to DS once the map tool comes out :sidenote:

Well I hope you get what you need to get done soon, we'll all be waiting!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So are we going to move this to DS once the map tool comes out :sidenote:

Well I hope you get what you need to get done soon, we'll all be waiting!

As much as I would love to move the hack on to a DS system:

- I have zero experience
    - We would still need a scripting tool? (Or a tutorial for the bytes/raws per command)
    - DS Emulators hate me :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Try looking up Tinke and download a Diamond ROM, you learn a lot about the NDS through thereSearch up PPRE. LoolzNO$GBA YEAHHHHHH

But anyways. Okay

Well in that case I can't rule it out, if a functional map editor is around come June/July when this hack gets into full swing (as I'm out of exam period) then it shall be considered! :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Snapshot2.png

Comments and Critique? The egg colours will related to the Pokémon itself, not specifically it's colour. These are just FR-OW recolours, if anyone would like to make an egg that can be easily recoloured like this one then by all means show me! ^-^

All the starters will be two-stage Pokémon.

But the green one is the only one finalised.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think Xatu is good
    just my suggestion

Thanks for the input! :3 I replaced the red egg with blue since it looked a bit odd.

Would it be weird to have 4 psychic based starters?

Drowsee (Psychic) - Yellow
    Xatu (Psy/Flying) - Green
    Exeggcute (Psy/Grass) - Pink
    Meditite (Psy/Fighting) - Blue

They're all equally weak against Ghost Pokémon, which means no starter gives you an advantage against Agatha later in the game.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • But:

Flying>Grass
    Flying>Fighting

The only one that has advantages is Xatu. I don't know, but you could add a second rival? I'm pretty sure you can.

Here are some cycles:
    Spoiler:
    You can even combine two cycles if you want, but that's up to you.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    But:

Flying>Grass
    Flying>Fighting

The only one that has advantages is Xatu. I don't know, but you could add a second rival? I'm pretty sure you can.

Here are some cycles:
    Spoiler:
    You can even combine two cycles if you want, but that's up to you.

The main Rival is Agatha :) There is no rival picking up an alternative egg, so cycles aren't necessary. Their relationship with Ghost is all that matters.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Well, in that case I have no idea. There's only two people...and there's no strategizing.

Oh well, I guess Xatu and dem three can work well enough.

Frozen

Frosty
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Wow, the screenshot looks pretty nice! :) The starters sound good too! So how's the progress going? (Oh and it's chrunch ;D)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Wow, the screenshot looks pretty nice! :) The starters sound good too! So how's the progress going? (Oh and it's chrunch ;D)

Ooh hello Chrunch! Is this your new account? Should I change the name on the first page?

Progress at the moment is slow, I have an essay and presentation to do/prepare for this week and another essay next week... I'll be doing bits of scripting here and there but other than that it's minimal :(

Are you busy at the moment? I might make you up a patch to get started on Route 2 / Edit the second town anyway you see fit.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
  • Thats okay just thought id offer :)
    Btw this is turning out to be better then i thought, the idea to make a game on oaks life was brilliant.
    The screen is nice, how long does it take for an egg to hatch?
    Or will we have to go walking alot before we start our journey lol.
    Keen for more updates :D

Back