• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oak's Aides

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Sorry guys I haven't reported back in a while, I have the final essay of my degree this week, and final exams coming up next month so I'm quite busy.

So how did the berry system turn out?

I'm still working on it, I think I will give up on it being step orientated and operate on a daily basis instead.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hey, how's the hack going? Have you done anything new?

I've been incredibly unproductive I'm afraid.

I have exams coming up, and whilst I'll be doing bits between revision nothing much will be done until June now (last exam June 1st! Yay!).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Soo is there anything in particular you think you could assign to us? I in particular want to do something.

Chrunch is going to map a bit further in, I know you'd like to script but I don't feel like I have enough time to go through scripts and check them and stuff.

How about we do some idea brainstorming between us / do pokédex stuff / name towns, etc. Get little bits out the way.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    damn you

Name towns it is!

What should the names be based on? For example, Kanto -> colors, Unova -> cloud types, etc.

(Chrunch is now working on new maps :D)

ERERER

*tries to think up a theme*

Flowers? Fruits? Types of blood sucking insects?

Any other ideas throw them at me XD aha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Maybe since the hero is Prof. Oak we should stick with the Kanto color theme?

Charvisioku

Psyduck Fanatic
    Years
  • Just wanna say this hack sounds and looks awesome; I'll definitely be supporting it. I wish I could make hacks xD
    I'm too much of a technophobe ¬.¬
    Oh and good luck with your exams ^+^

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Rose Valley
    Sunflora Village
    Blooming Town

Rose Valley is quite nice :3 Rose is a nice one as it reflects both colour and flower.

Sunflora~ is a pokémon, and I'd rather not have a village full of them :O.

Blooming Town... Idk it just seems to cheesey to me?

Middlemist
    Ixora
    Solandra
    Floret Town

First three I can't really imagine as town names, they're too complicated. Something derived from Solandra/related to Solandra might be interesting though since Solandra = Night Shade = Ghost move.

Floret is a bit too similar to just 'Flower', IMO.

Just wanna say this hack sounds and looks awesome; I'll definitely be supporting it. I wish I could make hacks xD
    I'm too much of a technophobe ¬.¬
    Oh and good luck with your exams ^+^

Well thank you for the support :) Feel free to give your opinion on anything we share/show in here.

Thanks!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hey guys!

My exams finish on Friday so after this weekend I shall be 100% back on task :) over the last few weeks all I have really done is research and planning, however I did knock up some quick alternative emotes (although most were just simple edits).

scaled.php

There's one more emote, the smiley face, but I'm not sure what to change it to yet. Any ideas people? Perhaps a symbol that can indicate our time travel / Celebi communication later in the game?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Hey guys!

My exams finish on Friday so after this weekend I shall be 100% back on task :) over the last few weeks all I have really done is research and planning, however I did knock up some quick alternative emotes (although most were just simple edits).

scaled.php

There's one more emote, the smiley face, but I'm not sure what to change it to yet. Any ideas people? Perhaps a symbol that can indicate our time travel / Celebi communication later in the game?
    How 'bout a "..." emote? Maybe time travel communication is better though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    ->Applying for: Ow Spriting
    ->Also skilled at: Mapping
    ->Been hacking for: Since 2009
    ->Evidence of work: Overworlds: http://nintendork15.deviantart.com/gallery/32281684 Maps: http://nintendork15.deviantart.com/gallery/32281696
    ->Visit PokéCommunity: Every Day
    ->Preferred Contact: VM PM and Email.
    ->ROM Preference: Fire Red

Some of the Overworlds are old and outdated and some are not.
    Same with the maps, if you'd like me to try again, just say.

Hello Nintendork! We could really do with an OW Spriter so you're excepted!

The main OW we need, really, is the protagonist's. This is the canon Sammy Oak, personally I think he does look a bit plain - but any sprite you can do which resembles him would be a great start!

[Also what pokésymbol would you like by your name? Gen1-4)

Back