• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Lounge / Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • THE GRAPHICS LOUNGE

Alright, the last one was pretty darn old, so I figured we could start fresh-- wait, I can be more original than this! Well, not really. This is where all us graphics artists/photographers/random passerbys come to kick back and relax. Try to stay on the topic of G&P, but going off on a little tangent is okay. But first, here are some links you might want to click:

The PokeCommunity Rules
    G&P Rules
    The [OLD] Graphics Lounge

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Anyone know any good photography tips and any tips on what is the best to make graphics on gimp, ps, etc. (free)? 1st post~

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • I really don't know many decent ones other than GIMP, and I'm not a big fan of GIMP either, so I'd suggest just getting Photoshop Elements maybe. It's not that expensive.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Comic Tragedy.
    I can't take it anymore.
    you're =/= your.
    Dx

And yeah, GIMP is essentially the best free program you can get. For one, if you can master it, it's essentially the same as Photoshop.
    Paint.net and all those other programs seriously fall short in terms of GIMP's capabilities.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I am currently using Gimp as I don't have access to Photshop. However, like mentioned by Loki if you learn to master Gimp in the right way then you can become just as good or even equal to that of those who use Photoshop. I've been using Gimp for a few months now and I will admit that my practice in tags and icons have evolved since I first started, but I know there is a lot more to learn with the program.

Plus, if you check Gimp's official site you will know that they are currently in the works of creating a new stable version, Gimp 2.8.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Hm, guess this thread has been dead for a while, so I'm gonna throw a suggestion out there.

G&P Awards.
    My idea is, a selected board if you want decide each month who would be deserving of an award which would be given out monthly?
    Y'know like best newb [graphics wise obviously], best tag and best gallery?
    Best gallery, as an added extra could be given a stickied thread for the month.

Just a neat idea.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I've actually been thinking about holding a gallery of the month sort of thing with that prize. However, I've been skeptical on how the gallery would be chosen. I was torn between just me and Loki discussing it, or having an official Discussion/Voting thread. If we went with the second choice, then some clear rules and requirements would need to be made to even be eligible for the prize. Your idea might work to, but I have to talk to Loki and let more members discuss it here.

Unsure about the best newb/tag thing.

Years
  • I am currently using Gimp as I don't have access to Photshop. However, like mentioned by Loki if you learn to master Gimp in the right way then you can become just as good or even equal to that of those who use Photoshop.
    I started with GIMP and kept to it, I find it much easier to use than PS.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I've actually been thinking about holding a gallery of the month sort of thing with that prize. However, I've been skeptical on how the gallery would be chosen. I was torn between just me and Loki discussing it, or having an official Discussion/Voting thread. If we went with the second choice, then some clear rules and requirements would need to be made to even be eligible for the prize. Your idea might work to, but I have to talk to Loki and let more members discuss it here.

Unsure about the best newb/tag thing.

Yeah, the other two ideas were simply just add ons to the whole thing, but the gallery thing was my main idea.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Anyone know any good photography tips
    ?
    What type of photos are you planning on taking? I could point you in a direction if you gave me some details on your background and what type of photographer you would like to be?
    Sorry for the lateness aso lol

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Ew what has G&P become?
    Galleries by the infamous graphic artists of PC like CME, Loki, Comic Tragedy, Munna, vVintage, Josephine, Rowan and Cherii are almost non existant nowadays, and the few that are like Dukey, Gummy and Ezzo have such low activity for art of their calibre...
    G&P is transforming, and I can't say I like it much!

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Ew what has G&P become?
    Galleries by the infamous graphic artists of PC like CME, Loki, Comic Tragedy, Munna, vVintage, Josephine, Rowan and Cherii are almost non existant nowadays, and the few that are like Dukey, Gummy and Ezzo have such low activity for art of their calibre...
    G&P is transforming, and I can't say I like it much!

I for one will have to agree here, it's a shame that people just assume once they've looked at and/or posted in a gallery once that's enough.
    People update alright, give 'em a chance.

Funny how most of those people have become mysteriously inactive over the last month or so isn't it? That's all.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well I for one did go inactive for a long time on holiday and I come back and this has happened. Do not take this the wrong way anybody who may be involved in this, but there are so many galleries open who get heaps of comments with heaps of praise and such, when in fact the graphics aren't that great to start with. I can understand why people do it, but logic says they should be in all the other galleries making comments as well to the more experienced and clearly more skilled artists here.

I am considering making a gallery again, but the one thing that is making me reconsider is the fact that if G&P continues like it seems to be doing, my gallery will be thrown to the side and end up on Page 3 with two comments.
    Nearly all the galleries on the front page are people who make graphics and have a lot of friends on the forums and so their gallery stays up the top.
    The real artists here with less forum friends who may just come here to post art are being unrightfully left behind.
    /rant.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • We should totally start a revolt and make an uprisal against these new ways.
    or just blame gummy

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I reckon start a revolt and Gummy is going to be on our side as well as Loki so we cannot lose with so much power on our hands!
    I already have major plans for sabotage!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back