• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Too Long or Too Short? - Make up you minds!

Too Long or Too Short?

• Long but good

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Dragged on

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Short but good

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Too short

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
So I've heard some say that the Plasma plot dragged on too long, which I agree with, and others say the storyline was too short. Surely a dragged on plot is better than a short main-game plot? I agree but what do you think?

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
Years
It was as long as it needed to be, but it could've at least had some endgame content like Battle Tower or something.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like to say it was as long as it should be but when comparing to DPPT and RSE it seemed like it was over quicker, that might just be me but that's what I think.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I felt like it was rushed compared to the battles with Team Aqua (SE), Team Magma (R) and Team Galactic (DPPt), most likely due to them not letting us fight the sages...that made me feel like a chunk of the story line was cut off. It could be due N being the only one we battle (not counting grunts) compared to the other teams where we had adamins to defeat (before Ghetsis). Though I enjoyed the story despite the shortness ^_^

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
It definitely felt a lot shorter than the previous installments. I was quite disappointed at how linear it was, you never had any options, and that's what sucked. But it seemed like the sequel was pretty rushed so maybe they didn't put too much effort into the first one. Which I don't think is necessarily a good thing, but there's nothing we can do about it. =X

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I didn't care about the games' length; it felt just right to me, but as mentioned before, it would've been nice to have some more things to do in the post game.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
It was too short. I mean, the story had been rushed for me, making the characters somewhat jerky. The general aura BW had imparted was uhmm... "let's get this thing done!"

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Plot was alright, but I didnt enjoy the lack of side stuff-- I think Unova is too linear.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I think it went on long enough in the case of the short amount of towns/cities. So in the end, how much can you really carry more over? That's why I'm hoping Unova spreads in the "sequels". But that's besides the point, I think that in depth the storyline was greatly detailed and unique, but the region was simple which could take part in cutting down the storyline which would make the games seem too short.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not long enough.

I mean while I loved how awesome the storyline was, I feel it could've been LONGER so I could enjoy the region longer, but that's just personal preference :(

I'm actually fine with how long the Plasma thing was tbh. I felt it was detailed and pretty good really. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Plot-wise it seemed too short. Part of it was a lack of a dedicated Plasma base where wave after wave of grunts would battle you... N's Castle seemed barren and went by too quickly because nobody stood in your way.

Level grinding, though, is a whole different animal. Thanks to the new and not improved Exp system and the lack of any sort of rematch mechanism, level grinding seemed to just drag on and on for me. It seemed like long stretches of slaughtering mass numbers of wild Pokemon broken up every now and then by storyline development.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I recently beat Black guess how long it took. 13 hours. I also recently beat Platinum guess how long that took. 24 hours. I thought that the new exp system made the game seem shorter because you level up very easily in BW.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Story was too short with too little explained; post-game was fine... provided one can battle over WiFi, which they seem to have made more doable at the expense of singleplayer features.
The Unova region also feels small, even if quantitively (ie. number of towns, dungeons, etc.) it isn't.

Doogle3097

Hola.
Years
Unova is great but I never do wi-fi battles and I wish there were more fun options when training Pokemon post-game.

The game was long enough but felt a bit more linear when compared to some other instalments.

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
I felt like it was rushed compared to the battles with Team Aqua (SE), Team Magma (R) and Team Galactic (DPPt), most likely due to them not letting us fight the sages...that made me feel like a chunk of the story line was cut off. It could be due N being the only one we battle (not counting grunts) compared to the other teams where we had adamins to defeat (before Ghetsis). Though I enjoyed the story despite the shortness ^_^

I would completely agree with that, there were hardly any boss battles excluding the gym leaders, (unless you count the cheren and bianca battles, however I feel they weren't really boss battles as they appeared too often) you should have at least been able to battle them in the after game, it was kinda meh with them just giving you a TM.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I thought it was pretty short. Not short to a fault, but shorter than I'd like.

I never understand what people are talking about when they say that there was too much grinding. I thought it just glided along, never in one place for too long. The XP just flowed on through, as long as I used the Lucky Egg

Years
It was pretty rushed.
The game barely gave me a chance to recognise characters and areas before I was at the Elite Four.
In comparison with other generations, it's too short by far.

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
Years
I liked it. It took me about 25 hours because beating the game quickly wasn't my only goal. Once I beat the game I end up doing competitive stuff, so that's been keeping me occupied nicely :D

And the story was a good length. I can't remember all the exact Plasma trainer locations/amount, but I kinda liked the lack of admins - I can never keep track of the team admins anyway and I'd rather the game stick to one or two characters who I can actually remember. Quick, what's the name of that one Aqua admin at the weather place?

Did you remember? Because I have no idea.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I'd say that it's too short. Don't get me wrong, the plot with Team Plasma, N, & the two legendary dragons of yin & yang is the best it has ever been. But it starts falling short after the main story. I mean, what is there left of this? The Remnants of the seven sages of Plasma? Your final encounter with the Shadow Triad? Not much, actually.

B/W has left us with more questions than answers, & I'm hoping that the second set will sort that out.

Back