• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
XSE Help - Script Doesn't Stay

Alright, so I've been wrestling with XSE for a few hours, testing code, playing with it, and been having a lot of fun, however, I am always stuck with the flag actions. I know how to set flags and do the if statements, however, when I compile and save, the if statement dissapears from the code.

Here is the code I have been using:
Spoiler:

I know it looks sloppy, I am much more organized, but why put more effort into something that never stays?

That is how I write it and how it compiles, but when I re-open it it looks like this:
Spoiler:

Any help or guidance would be a great help. I am probably missing something stupid. =\.

Moved from Simple Questions Thread.

Last edited:

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
right the pokedex one doesn't work theres probaly a lot of problems but this is my script

#dynamic 0x900000
#org @done
msgbox @done 0x6
= Proffeser WILLOW forgot to give you this.
clearflag 0x829
release
end

so whats wrong with it nd how do i change it so after he gives me it he says something diffrent

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
right the pokedex one doesn't work theres probaly a lot of problems but this is my script

#dynamic 0x900000
#org @done
msgbox @done 0x6
clearflag 0x829
release
end

so whats wrong with it nd how do i change it so after he gives me it he says something diffrent

Erm, set the flag don't clear it? :) Clearing the flag once it is set will in fact remove the Pokedex.

Also, start it with #org @start

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
so i change it to setflag to get the pokedex?

i want the person to give me the pokedex

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The whole script doesn't work the guy doesn't talk

here...
Spoiler:

Years
The whole script doesn't work the guy doesn't talk

HTML:
 #dynamic 0x900000
#org @done
msgbox @done 0x6
clearflag 0x829
release
end

I am obviously new at this too, and not too sure what you're trying to specifically achieve, however there are some things to check for the text to show:

Make sure your Dynamic is accurate to the offset.
Also msgbox @done 0x6 is a pointer/goto like command. So you have to make it it's own line of code like this:

HTML:
msgbox @done 0x6
clearflag 0x829
release end

#org @done
= UR TEXT

Hope that helps a bit.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
ok now its messed up he doesnt face player it fades screen and does the heal pokemon sound then says they look better good look(someone else says that but something before the fadescreen)

why?

why wont it do the give pokedex thingy

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
More a flag help question than a script help question, but still. :P

Is the trainer number that A-Trainer provides you also a flag? Like, if I did a script like this:

#dynamic 0xOFFSET
#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1234 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @later 0x6
end

And if there's an NPC on another map with the People ID of 1234, after battling this trainer, would that NPC disappear? Or are the trainer numbers and normal flags different?

Edit: After experimenting to see for sure, HackMew's statement below holds true. Trainerbattle flags =/= regular flags. Oh well.

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Well guys this script works fine,until the fadescreen occurs than the screen jacks up,crazy parts are everywhere,Ive done the other triggers to go with it...

Spoiler:

Yep there it is,fadescreen command jacks me up,and Ive even tried it with just the hidesprite command,and the screen still looks glitchy.Could it be because the sprite?Anyway people please don't leave me here for dead.I really need help,and thanks to those who help me out!

Years
Ugh - Scrolling Text Box Glitch

Okay, I am not even deep into my code and I am pushing through as much as I can, but I only run into problems.

My newest one is whenever I warp/enter the school room map (and only that warp)
It takes me to the map and then freezes with scrolling text. Sometimes it says "You recieve XXXXX(item, usually a pokeball of some sort), and then glitch-speak scrolling from left to right.

Anyone know about this?

I don't know what the problem could be.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
why wont it do the give pokedex thingy

The "give pokedex thingy" is setflag 0x829, for FR/LG. And you're using the opposite command, clearflag.

More a flag help question than a script help question, but still. :P

Is the trainer number that A-Trainer provides you also a flag? Like, if I did a script like this:

[...]

And if there's an NPC on another map with the People ID of 1234, after battling this trainer, would that NPC disappear? Or are the trainer numbers and normal flags different?

Just because most people post their scripts so someone can fix them, it doesn't mean this thread can't be a place for general scripting discussion, too. Regarding your question... I highly doubt that. Trainers have their own flags.

Well guys this script works fine,until the fadescreen occurs than the screen jacks up,crazy parts are everywhere,Ive done the other triggers to go with it...

Spoiler:

Didn't you know that hidesprite is just temporary? You need to set the flag assigned to the person as well.

Okay, I am not even deep into my code and I am pushing through as much as I can, but I only run into problems.

My newest one is whenever I warp/enter the school room map (and only that warp)
It takes me to the map and then freezes with scrolling text. Sometimes it says "You recieve XXXXX(item, usually a pokeball of some sort), and then glitch-speak scrolling from left to right.

Anyone know about this?

I don't know what the problem could be.

Looks like the level script got screwed up. Could be AM fault, and you might want to check the level script structure through XSE. To do that, enable the Professional Header View, and click on the Header tab. From there, copy the Map Script Offset and paste it into XSE. Enable the Level Script option (next to the decompile button) and then decompile. Probably it won't make a lot of sense to you, but feel free to post it.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
Years
What is wrong with these scripts?
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x3e8
if 0x1 goto @done
message @introp 0x6
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @introp
= Where's that package?
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
Lock
checkflag 0x1022
if 0x1 goto @done
message @holdit 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @volg1
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @holdit 0x6
= I can't leave yet. I have to get\nthe package for Dad.

org @volg1
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1022
if 0x1 goto @done
message @package 0x6
setflag 0x1022
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @package
= This is the package that I have to\nbring Dad.\l[player] received the package!
They are doing what is told, but the text isn't showing. Btw, the first and the second scripts are level scripts.
Please help. Thanks in advance =)

I have been skipt, so... Anyone?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
oh thanks hackmew you've opened doors for future knowledge,unfortunally do l add another flag,because l gave it the flag as ppl id and nothing happened.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
#dynamic 0x80005b
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0x0 goto @pokedex
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @tobad
release
#org @pokedex
setflag 0x829
msgbox @poo (line 14)
boxset 0x6
release
end
#org @tobad
msgbox @noway
boxset 0x6
end
#org @poo
= Proffeser willow fogot to give you this
#org @noway
= A pokedex can record all sorts of data about pokemon

what wrong with it it says to less parameters on line 14

and how do i change this script soit will trigger when i walk on certain spot hel wlk over to me give me it then walk away and dissappear?

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
#dynamic 0x80005b
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0x0 goto @pokedex
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @tobad
release
#org @pokedex
setflag 0x829
msgbox @poo (line 14)
boxset 0x6
release
end
#org @tobad
msgbox @noway
boxset 0x6
end
#org @poo
#org @noway

and how do i change this script soit will trigger when i walk on certain spot hel wlk over to me give me it then walk away and dissappear?

You have
Code:
msgbox @poo

When it should be
Code:
msgbox @poo 0x6

Then remove the line below that that says boxset 0x6. It should compile.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
ill redo it for you when on my pc muzzyguy.

#dynamic 0x80005b
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0x0 goto @pokedex
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @tobad
release
#org @pokedex
setflag 0x829
msgbox @poo (line 14)
boxset 0x6
release
end
#org @tobad
msgbox @noway
boxset 0x6
end
#org @poo
#org @noway

Spoiler:

(Make sure to put the checkflag number on the trigger's var number(0829),if it crashes tell me,and I may know a way to fix it.
Diegoisawsomes scripting tut is good,as Ive learned nearly everything recently!

Last edited:
Years
Is it possible to change wild pokemon data (doesn't matter if it's temporary or permanent) through a script? For instance, something like this:

Spoiler:

Anyone........? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back