• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
Spoiler:

When i complile this and i stand on th script sqare nothing happens it just freezes but the music keeps playing like im frozen but everone else isn't the guy doesn't walk up to me a give me it why!!!!

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

my question kinda got buried how do i add mvement and what point of the screen does the person come in

Okay, Applymovement is best explained in Diego's XSE's TuT, at least in my opinion.

Applymovement has 2 parameters: Person ID & Pointer.
You have 2 pointers.
The person ID is found in Advanced MAP. If their ID is 2. Then 0x2.

And as far as making movements check his guide for the list of them.

And when the sprite appears depends on the sprite you're using (A person event) and if it's hidden/show commands.

Try reading all of Diego's Tutorial (not so much 3 until you have a firm grasp on most of the two first parts).

Hope this helps.

Here is some of Diego's TuT:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
ive already read it and can you fix my script up

Spoiler:

Years
i sorted that out i have a new problem its on my post i edited

Lol, I am having the same problem brother.

When I find out I'll tell you.

I know the problem lies in setting the variable in Advanced Map and in XSE. Var Number/Value.

Keep toying with it. Until then I am hoping HackMew Learns me or Platinum.

I'll PM you when I find out.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
well i was told to copy the top offset when you compile the script and put that in the script offset.... didnt work

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
no silly look,that script that was given goes like this setvar 0x5000 and under that command put goto @(SCRIPT)take out the @start and post it at the top under the dynamic.like this #dynamic offset #org @start setvar 0x5000 0x0 goto @script make sure @script replaces the @start at the script with the dex.than after the setflag part put setvar 0x5000 0x0.compile and make sure the 5000 goes in the var box in amap.lm on psp..

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
HOW DO i make a shiny battle like red garydos in shiny gold because in my hack i want to make a shiny lugia battle?

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
well whats the script of a legendary battle like ho-oh

Funny you should ask, I've been researching legendary battle scripts the past couple of days. :P This one is the legendary battle script for Zapdos, but it's nearly identical to the one for Ho-Oh (and all the others; even Snorlax's is similar), so hopefully this'll meet your purposes:

Spoiler:

And if you don't get what it all means, I'm not the person to ask for help; I've been trying to decode the behavior of the specials and special2s for a couple days now and don't entirely get them myself yet. :P

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
so where can i get the ho-oh one

i need one for entei raukou and suicune aswell

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@muzzyguy

On the line

"setwildbattle 0x91 0x32 0x0"

0x91 is the Hex number for Zapdos, change it to the Hex number of the Pokemon you want.

E.G. Ho-Oh = 250. 250 in Hex is FA

So the wild battle line would look like:
setwildbattle 0xFA 0x32 0x0

(The second number, 0x32, is the Level converted into hex. 0x32 = Level 50. The final number is for items. If you wanted Ho-Oh to hold a sacred ash then you would change 0x0 to 0x2D)

Last edited:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
random

Is there a kind of "chance" script so that only sometimes the script will occur. For example say you wanted a sprite to show up at random times you step over the script tile, would it be possible?
Maybe something like this?
Spoiler:

The syntax for random is random [xxxx] where [xxxx] is the highest possible value with possible numbers starting at zero. The result is stored in LASTRESULT.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Some one please tell me hot to correctly make and insert a level script into a rom. I have tried several times to put it in, and it works until the end, where it the script ends with random symbold with continously pop up.

So can somebody tell me a step by step explanation?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Jebees thats easy,what you do is go to Amap on the header press ctrl+H and you will see something that says map script offset,you copy it into XSE click the level script button,and click decompile.Than look for something that says raw 0xFFFF,and take of the FFFF and put 0,than compile and it will work.This is a common prob,its Amaps fault.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Maybe something like this?
Spoiler:

The syntax for random is random [xxxx] where [xxxx] is the highest possible value with possible numbers starting at zero. The result is stored in LASTRESULT.

Incoreect, the proper syntax is
The syntax for random is random [xxxx] where [xxxx] is the highest possible value + 1. with possible numbers starting at zero. The result is stored in LASTRESULT.

So if I did
random 0x3, the values would either be 0,1 or 2 (therefore 3 is the highest possible value [2] +1).

So I'll alter the script.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Random Script maybe?

Hey could someone please help me with this.Sometimes things seem right,but it seems as though it does things random.Its hard to explain,I have it so the old man prevents me from going further until I get a dex,than he will give me a teachy tv,but he doesn't give me a teachy tv,after I get the dex.Randomly,the dex script might say I need the parcel,even though I got the item,and sometimes the script will follow through noramlly.I don't get why its doing such a thing.

ROM:Firered
Tool:XSE
Type:Uh event,or trigger,its hard to explain

Heres old man
Spoiler:

And heres dex"
Spoiler:

I'm thinking its because Im using both setvars in both scripts,and maybe it causes it to randomly decide whether for the dex script to activate after I have parcel.Thanks anyway,if they can help.

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Jebees thats easy,what you do is go to Amap on the header press ctrl+H and you will see something that says map script offset,you copy it into XSE click the level script button,and click decompile.Than look for something that says raw 0xFFFF,and take of the FFFF and put 0,than compile and it will work.This is a common prob,its Amaps fault.

I know its easy, but the thing is, when I do that stuff and try to compile it, it gives me an "missing dynamic parameter" or something like that. That why I posted here XD, so now that I know I can't skip that step, how do I get rid of the missing dynamic thing???

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Hey quick level script question...

I have a level script, compiled and all:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x6B0B1C
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer 0x86B0B22
#raw 0x0
'---------------
#org 0x6B0B22
#raw word 0x7777
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer 0x8804256
#raw word 0x0
'---------------
#org 0x804256
setvar 0x7890 0x1
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto 0x8804266
end
'---------------
#org 0x804266
hidesprite 0x4
end

But, when I enter the level with flag 800 set, the sprite is still there. :/

Did I script something wrong, or is there a problem with something else?

Years
Oye, okay, I seriously have to be doing something wrong and I am almost positive it's offsets.

I use FSF and start with 0x80000 for free space in new things I create.

And whenever I get just a bit deep into code everything goes to hell. I lose all text in the game some times, I lose the ability to see blocks of text, including seeing my menu and msg boxes entirely.

Is there a method you guys use, because to me I am making a simple mistake that seems to have been covered in a lost guide XD.

ALSO

Many times, when I try to write new script after I compile it it changes completely replacing my proper code with improper.

BEFORE
Spoiler:

AFTER
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back