• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Homers Club [The Simpsons Club]

Years
Who's your favourite guest star on the show?

U2 in the episode "Trash Of The Titans". I love the scene where Homer ruins their concert to give a message to the audience.

Coming a close second would be Paul and Linda McCartney in "Lisa The Vegetarian". Lisa felt so nice being around other vegetarians and it's such an iconic episode.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Glenn Close as Mona Simpson. This kinda what I was hinting at with my comment. She played that role straight. It wasn't and "here is Glenn Close ;)". I didn't even know it was her for a looooong time.

All the baseball players in "Homer at the Bat", just because I like the episode overall.

Kinda in the same vein as Glenn Close, I'd say Dustin Hoffman as Mr. Bergstrom. Only that time I could tell it was him. XD Damn distinctive voice. But, still. He worked really well in the part and it is a great, heartfelt early episode.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
This seems a good time to mention that Elizabeth Taylor said Maggie's first word. She's not my favourite guest star on the show (that would have to be MJ or Mark Hamill) but its a testament to the star power the Simpsons had in its heyday to be able to get her on the show.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Discounting people like Jon Lovitz/Albert Brooks/Phil Hartman who did multiple episodes (and multiple characters), my favourite would have to be Meryl Streep playing Jessica Lovejoy in the episode 'Bart's Girlfriend'. I didn't realise it was her playing the role until a few years ago, and she sounds really convincing as a 10-year-old girl without having a background in voice acting. While most of the guest stars before the show turned into a big steaming pile of turd did 'act' when voicing their characters, Streep's turn felt like a real performance. So much better than that Sarah, Plain and Tall!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
What can't Meryl Streep do, really?
edit: post 4444 wooh go me

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Who's your favourite guest star on the show?

U2 in the episode "Trash Of The Titans". I love the scene where Homer ruins their concert to give a message to the audience.

Coming a close second would be Paul and Linda McCartney in "Lisa The Vegetarian". Lisa felt so nice being around other vegetarians and it's such an iconic episode.
Lady Gaga's guest starring tonight and I could not be more excited, so since she's my favorite celebrity, I pick her!!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Lady Gaga's guest starring tonight and I could not be more excited, so since she's my favorite celebrity, I pick her!!
Wow, you couldn't sound more like one of those crazy Gaga-fans on Twitter if you tried! Are you joining the club, or not, Nicholas?

Anyhoo, since we've exhausted the guest-star topic, howzabout this one:

Favourite non-Simpson family character and why?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Wow, you couldn't sound more like one of those crazy Gaga-fans on Twitter if you tried! Are you joining the club, or not, Nicholas?

Anyhoo, since we've exhausted the guest-star topic, howzabout this one:

Favourite non-Simpson family character and why?
I'll Apu because he's the first one to pop in my head, but I don't think he is XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Well, it's good to see that people are taking this seriously! :D

In any event, my favourite is probably Mr Burns. He so deliciously and devilishly evil and the best part of it is he's completely self-aware of how evil he is. His evilness coupled with old-timey jokes about stock-tickers and having the Rolling Stones killed and his ability to be shot by a baby over a lollipop. On Facebook I have him has one of my inspirational people, and that's not an entirely facetious placement! :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It's been over 2 weeks, so I can officially double-post in my last-ditch-CPR attempt to revive this mother. Let's try a simple question: Favourite Simpsons quote?

C'mon, people. Don't disappoint me now! :D

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Username: Kanto_Johto
Reason you wish to join this club: The Simpsons is probably my favourite TV show of all time, so why not?

Favourite Simpsons Quote?

Mine would have to be Hans Moleman's: "I was saying boo-urns". That episode had me in tears of laughter all the way through, and then Moleman made me lose it with that line. Brilliant.

Also:

*Preparing to sell Bart's elephant to the ivory dealer*
Homer: Here's the keys!
Dealer: Elephants don't have keys.
Homer: I'll just keep these then...

Last edited:
Back