• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon Direct Pop-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
inb4 the starters don't look like Pokemon

I'm a bit sad about going full 3D, but on the other hand, it looks fantastic. Can't wait to play it. They didn't only announce a Gen VI, but a world wide release. Now the only problem is that I don't have a 3DS, and wasn't planning on buying one until Gen VI release (which I hoped for 2014-2015). Guess I need to find a part time job.

I like the starters. Froakle and Fennekin look great. Can't wait to see everyone's evolution. Also gyms. With everything in 3D, I hope they create some eye candy gyms.

Eps

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
Stop being luddites! Embrace change and progress :D

I'm going to keep an open mind until I play the games.

Nintendo need to keep up with the change of platform otherwise we would still be playing on the original gameboy! Looks like you need to start saving your pocket money or whatever for the 3DS!

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I'm kind of iffy on the whole thing. Not a fan of some of the... whopping five designs but I'm open to give it a chance. Even if I don't I'm going to wind up buying the game anyway I might wind up using the fire starter for a first run for the first time ever, oddly enough. Froakie is pretty rad too I guess. The deer legend? Jade. Enough said.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Pictures for all, all I have managed to get from the video!

Spoiler:
Game looks even worse in screenshots, but it's hard to judge with that low quality. Luckily it isn't THAT bad in motion, but then there's the framerate issue.

That flying legendary I actually like. The reindeer looks boring.

EDIT: Look at all those jaggies!

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Well sweeties, I'm seriously hyped for this game. Then again, I usually am about any game. I'm quite happy about the Worldwide release, no more skipping the Internet to avoid spoilers...potentially.

Just throwing this out there, but good luck hacking this one guys. Seriously o.O

Hacking 3D games won't be too hard. Just look at the Wii. Hacking the 3DS itself, we're getting there.

On a random note, who's waiting for Pokémon Z? Also, who's planning on making a 2D remake of this game? =p

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Uhm, guys, you might wanna consider that the screenshots/video are enlarged, which is probably why they look so damn pixelated. I'm pretty certain they'll look considerably better on the console itself.
Hacking 3D games won't be too hard. Just look at the Wii. Hacking the 3DS itself, we're getting there.

On a random note, who's waiting for Pokémon Z? Also, who's planning on making a 2D remake of this game? =p
Yeah but see my doubts stem from the fact that we're already 2 generations behind, generations that were in 2D. So hopefully at this pace, we'll be able to hack Generation 6 sometime around 2025. u_u

Not to mention that even if we manage to hack the engine (provide means to hack the games), think of the massive work it would take to work on graphics. Appears each Pokemon needs a full on 3D model or at the very least , over 30 frames. Same goes for OWs and tiles. So yeah, I can say with enough certainty that we can say our goodbyes to Fakemon and graphics hacking in general u_u

Not to mention the massive amounts of work it would take to map this damn thing.

I feel a headache coming on even thinking about this. >_>

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Yeah but see my doubts stem from the fact that we're already 2 generations behind, generations that were in 2D. So hopefully at this pace, we'll be able to hack Generation 6 sometime around 2025. u_u

Not to mention that even if we manage to hack the engine (provide means to hack the games). Think of the massive work it would take to work on graphics. Appears each Pokemon needs a full on 3D model or at the very least , over 30 frames. Same goes for OWs and tiles. So yeah, I can say with enough certainty that we can say our goodbyes to Fakemon and graphics hacking in general u_u

Not to mention the massive amounts of work it would take to map this damn thing.

I feel a headache coming on even thinking about this. >_>

Super Smash Bros Brawl mods were done, I'm sure once we get enough reverse engineers, X and Y are going to be hacked. But that's to far away to think about, let's enjoy the games that are coming out.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Super Smash Bros Brawl mods were done, I'm sure once we get enough reverse engineers, X and Y are going to be hacked. But that's to far away to think about, let's enjoy the games that are coming out.

Yes let's O:

I've been jumping around here going crazy for the past hour, so yeah. All's cool ;-;

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
OMFG AFAGGEGBS, EXCITED!!! Hey I guess I know why they called it X and Y. I saw a Pokemon that he's like an Y.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It looks exciting but I may be the only person with a criticism. The designs seem to be following through with the Black and White look- overcomplicating the characters a bit. I guess I can say that's the only flaw through my own personal opinion, but I'll have to see the rest to make a proper decision.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Yes I think that it's correct so like Unova 1, it may not have pokemon from previous gens.
Judging from the video footage that was shown, I think it's safe to say that there will be older generation Pokémon made available early on.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
You know one thing I'm hoping for? Getting rid of random encounters.

Please Gamefreak. They were stupid back then, and they're still stupid. Such an outdated mechanic.

Years
It looks exciting but I may be the only person with a criticism. The designs seem to be following through with the Black and White look- overcomplicating the characters a bit. I guess I can say that's the only flaw through my own personal opinion, but I'll have to see the rest to make a proper decision.

I can see what you mean and that is one big reason I fell out with the previous 2 games, but I think X/Y might not pile as much detail into it, as the 3DS is a bit more powerful, so it might even out. Unless, they try and max out on the hardware.

Either way, this game has got me more excited than most of the squeals, so that is something for me.​

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Judging from the video footage that was shown, I think it's safe to say that there will be older generation Pokémon made available early on.

Yes I know. But that's just my theory if the video doesn't had previous gen pokemons.

Years
What's the most exciting aspect of the trailer for you guys? The actual 3D world is starting to take a whole of my interests! :3​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back