• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile 6 Years: As Niantic cuts 8% of its workforce, communication reaches a new low

[Updated] 6 Years: As Niantic cuts 8% of its workforce, communication reaches a new low

[Updated] 6 Years: As Niantic cuts 8% of its workforce, communication reaches a new low

Despite $6 billion in six years, Pokémon GO has seen more unannounced, unpopular changes, more bugs, and now the disappearance of promised developer diary entries.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Niantic gonna Niantic, again. And most of the article isn't about those job cuts and canned projects, despite billions of dollars of revenue! I mean, dang.

Years
  • Horrendously depressing. As someone who has played GO since launch, it's sad to see how many steps backwards they've taken recently. And I had no idea they even had any staff cuts... just more salt in the wound. As a player, their bad decisions are definitely noticeable. /:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Article updated.

- They released a dev diary entry for June! On the 7th/8th of July (depending on your part of the world). No acknowledgement of the delay, and the entry isn't great at being more than a summary/advert of an upcoming feature, but... it is something.

- Another detail added as someone pointed out to me Axew cannot be shiny since the Global GO Fest. That was a month ago!

Back