• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is there a 6 Poke limit in the poke world?

Years
  • I understand why there is in the games, what with gameplay considerations, and I can understand in tournaments/gym battles etc making 6 the limit, but when you're just out and about why is there still a limit? It's been shown once you have more than 6 one of them "locks" until you send another one back which doesn't make sense. In the pokeworld why does it matter how many you have at once so long as you aren't in a tournament or gym battle or what have you.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this lol.

Years
  • I understand why there is in the games, what with gameplay considerations, and I can understand in tournaments/gym battles etc making 6 the limit, but when you're just out and about why is there still a limit? It's been shown once you have more than 6 one of them "locks" until you send another one back which doesn't make sense. In the pokeworld why does it matter how many you have at once so long as you aren't in a tournament or gym battle or what have you.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this lol.

I always wondered this too. That's like saying you're only allowed to have six friends or six family members and not any more. If you're just a regular trainer who's not interested in gym battles, etc or all you want to do is make friends with pokemon then having more than six shouldn't be a problem.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2013
    Your bag will get heavy and if you have other things in there you bag will get crowded.

Years
  • Its probably just a policy to ensure safety and security. Imagine having 20 Pokemon get in a fight or something in a public area and the trainer or other people get hurt. It also discourages overcapturing the population of wild Pokemon and thus possibly disturbing the balance of nature or some crazy stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2015
    Probably because five is too little, and seven feels like way too many. I think they wanted to be bigger than Power Rangers, but they didn't want people to feel like they needed to keep track of an army.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    You can have as many as you want just 6 on you at a time. I think this rule is for only trainers. I think theyve shown people with more than 6 at their homes that dont go out and battle. Gold has 9 with him before he started his journey in the manga

Years
  • You can have as many as you want just 6 on you at a time. I think this rule is for only trainers. I think theyve shown people with more than 6 at their homes that dont go out and battle. Gold has 9 with him before he started his journey in the manga

Yeah but how do the pokeballs know that you're a trainer or not so they can stop you taking more than 7 pokemon?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think the 6-Pokemon limit is there to prevent one trainer from gaining a significant advantage over the other in a battle.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2013
    It can very awful when you fighting with Champion or Breeder:t096:
    They have very much pokemon and you can exhaust with long battle.
    (My English very bad, sorry)

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    Because having 20+ gyarados/charizard/some-other-big-mass-destruction-pokemon/etc would be totally broken

Still,I wonder why criminal organizations abide to the 6pokemon rule.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    6 does seem to be a good number. They should keep it at 6 because if they were to increase it even once, their would be a demand for it to keep increasing. (Saw on another forum where someone who liked the 3 vs. 3 Triple Battles wanted to see 4 vs. 4 Quadruple battles!)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    easy maintenance I'm guessing

Poor Oak, those 30 Tauros must be aggravating to no end

although Alder carries 9 pokeballs... would've made for an awesome Champion battle, eh?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • To me 6 seems fair even number, but I also wondered why only 6 limit. (I was going to make another comment but forgot what I was going to share)

Tarje

BarkleyBlueBark
    Years
  • Well six makes battling a great option and provides care to each pokemon usually I think u should be able to be befriend pokemon in certain areas like a ranger does so hms weren't need all the time instead of catch befriend

Back