• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Difficulty Modes

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
This script is for Pokémon Essentials. It allows an easy way to make difficulty modes like the ones on Key System in B2W2.

A difficulty mode may change:
  1. Wild Pokémon levels
  2. Trainer's Pokémon levels
  3. Trainer's skill level
  4. Trainer's money given
  5. Trainer definition (define a different trainer entry in trainers.txt)
  6. Exp received
Link

Tested on Essentials v19.1 and v20.1. More versions (v12) on link. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I got an error when I loaded up the game, I got this error: Script 'DifficultyModes' line 75 SyntaxError occurred. I'm not sure what I did, but all I did was renamed hardmode to Maniamode, I'm not sure that I was supposed to do that.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
You will have to change all DifficulyModes in each script to Mainamode.

The reason you are getting an error is because the script is pointing towards DifficultyModes and since the resource is not there you are getting an error. So if you are going to change a little part of the script you will have to check and change all of the components.

Hope that helps...

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
*I deactivated the second attribute because I do not want to have low levels.

Normal/Easy Mode: Rapidash lv59
Hard Mode: Rapidash lv73

*It without any trainer adds to the PBS with the team 101

Is not level change too much?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
*I deactivated the second attribute because I do not want to have low levels.

Normal/Easy Mode: Rapidash lv59
Hard Mode: Rapidash lv73

*It without any trainer adds to the PBS with the team 101

Is not level change too much?
I guess that is ok, remember that your pokémon earn extra EXP for the others trainers. Regardless, you can freely change the formula. Change line 'next level*1.2 + 1' to 'next level*1.15 + 1' or even 'next level*1.1 + 1' to lower the gain from hard mode.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 6, 2020
I know this is old but is there a way to apply the level increase to wild pokemon as well?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I know this is old but is there a way to apply the level increase to wild pokemon as well?
At the end of my script, add the code:
Code:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
  pokemon = e[0]
  difficultSelected = DifficultModes.currentMode
  if difficultSelected
    pokemon.level = DifficultModes.applyLevelProcedure(
      pokemon.level,difficultSelected.levelProcedure
    )
  end
}

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Updated to Essentials V19.1 and added a way to change trainer's skill/exp/wild pokémon on each difficulty.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 15, 2022
Hola, consulta, será posible una versión para la v18? Está increíble e iría perfecto en el juego en qué estoy trabajando. Gracias!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hola, consulta, será posible una versión para la v18? Está increíble e iría perfecto en el juego en qué estoy trabajando. Gracias!
Try this version. It works with old Essentials versions, I'm not so sure about v18.

Line 'oldmoney=self.pbPlayer.money' is 'oldMoney = pbPlayer.money'. Instead of changing 'level=poke[1]', change 'level = poke[TPLEVEL]'.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Updated. Now it is compatible with Essentials v20.1.

Back