• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Which previous generation pokemon do you think are popular enough to be included in the Galar Pokedex ?

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
  • Bit of math here, with a LOT of approximations : assuming, that there will be 900+ pokemon after SwSh are launched, 100 new pokemon will be introduced including legendaries and mythical, 400 of the 900 will be removed because they aren't popular enough, this will leave400 slots left for 7 regions(since 100 are
    taken by galarians) to fit in their popular pokemon, which rounds off to 57 pokemon per region. That leaves a lot of scope for many pokemon to appear again.

I'm sure the Bagon,Magikarp and Zubat lines will be brought into Galar.
    With that said, which pokemon do you think will make their way to the Galar dex ?

TL;DR: Thread title

Last edited:
    Years
  • Biased opinion incoming, but I do want the Mareep line to make it, even if we already have Wooloo as the new sheep. Its line is popular and I'd love to have it in Galar. ❤️

Popularity-wise though, I think it would be nice to have the Scyther and Shinx line? iirc we don't know if they're in the games yet, and I'd personally like to see them (especially Shinx)!

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
  • I think the Kanto evolutions and Hoenn, of course, will come back
    I don't know why I think those 2 are the most popular bunch of the starters so they'll come back. or at least I think they will come back

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Any top tier Pokemon that fans love will most likely make a return. Lucario, Charizard, Absol, Gengar, Eevee, Tyranitar... etc. I can't imagine them leaving out these guys tbh - though I wouldn't mind being surprised!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    It would not be fair to exclude Bulbasaur and Squirtle if Charizard is the partner Pokémon of the supposed Champion.

Venusaur and Blastoise can do with Gigantamax forms, as Charizard is likely to have one, should Leon be the final boss of the story.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2021
    I don't care since Maractus is confirmed <3 (and the Vanillite line too 3)

More seriously i hope the Sewaddle line, Deerling line, Starly line, Venonat line, Hoppip line, Pidove line will all make it!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    I'm happy with the Zigzagoon line getting introduced already! Anything else is a bonus for me.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Obviously every Gen 1 Pokémon will be in the games, because it's GF we are talking about and they love Gen 1 pandering.
    Anyway, I'd love to see some Sinnoh Pokémon making an appearance ^^

Illyasviel

video game hustler
    Years
  • -Kanto starters
    -All eeveelutions possibly +1 or 2 more
    -Meowth, Lapras, and Farfetch'd
    Why the last three..? You'll have to wait and see.

Back