• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What I your favourite? And what isn't ? Gen 1 pokemon

Years
My favourite Pokémon from generation one would be Slowbro. I love how goofy it looks yet how strong defensively it is - In my Pokémon Heartgold nuzlocks I always aim for a slowpoke so that I can get a Slowbro due to how useful it is. I love how goofy it is and I especially like how it's mega evolution makes it even goofier yet also horrifying.

My least favourite generation one Pokémon is Mew. I don't find it cute instead I find it incredibly creepy and not out of place from a horror game. I think ditto was a far better DNA based Pokémon because a fetus cat is not cute to me personally in the slightest whereas a pile of goo is a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

Years
Favourite Pok?mon in gen 1 is probably Golduck. That might sound like an odd choice but i adore the design and I use it when I do play.

Least favourite is probably Raticate. I?m sure it?s good but I just can?t get over the ugliness.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
These have been my favourites since I was very, very young.

persian.png
lapras.png
eevee.png
vaporeon.png
aerodactyl.png

And these made the list in more recent years.

nidorina.png
vulpix.png
ponyta.png
scyther.png
jolteon.png
flareon.png
articuno.png
dragonair.png
mewtwo.png

I don't dislike any, but I find some... unappealing. They are:

jynx.png
mr-mime.png
pinsir.png
electrode.png
geodude.png
graveler.png
machamp.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2018
Vulpix is my fave Gen I Pokemon. I like the mythology behind that Pokemon. As for Pokemon in Gen I I hate... None. Hate is shallow.
I dunno mate I'd kick a Gloom in the face lol.

Favourite: Gengar
Least favourite: Snorlax

Some others I like are Starmie, Primeape, Kingler, Parasect, Marowak and Kabutops.
I had a Primape in yellow ver.

Primape was my first lvl 100 PKM,also didnt expect Snorlax to get hate lol,but guess you learn somthing every day.

My favorite has been Jolteon, with a close second being Sandslash. I don't really have a lot of pokemon I immediately dislike, I have a few whose designs I thought could have been better. But for the most part I like them all.
Jolteon is my favourite Eveelution, good choice!

Pidgeot is my favorite Generation I Pokémon of all time, because it's so majestic. Its Mega evolution is more so.

As for my least...

(sigh)

Charizard.

(prepares to get Fire Blasted)
Love that bird too! I think Charizard is just overrated tbh/

Charizard is my favorite Gen 1 Pokémon!
Another Chrizard fan lol I cant blame you tbh.

I like Nidoking, My playthorughts in yellow were basically using only nidoking the whole game, I dislike rattata, because fighting with them was boring
Nidokong is a boss,my favourite PKM card is Nidorino (BASE SET),and my first card was Nidoran male. And Nidoking was my 4th HOLO as a kid When base set was fresh,so thats my history on the Nido fam,and why I like them hahah.

My favorites: Nidoking, Fearow, Raticate, Vileplume, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, Rhydon, Onix, Machamp, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Primeape, Butterfree and Golbat.
My least favorite: That is a hard one, but is probably tangela (I just don't see the usefulness of this thing, and it's design, ugh, no words).
Good Choices!! And Tangla is abit slack lol. Agreed!!

My favourite Pokémon from generation one would be Slowbro. I love how goofy it looks yet how strong defensively it is - In my Pokémon Heartgold nuzlocks I always aim for a slowpoke so that I can get a Slowbro due to how useful it is. I love how goofy it is and I especially like how it's mega evolution makes it even goofier yet also horrifying.

My least favourite generation one Pokémon is Mew. I don't find it cute instead I find it incredibly creepy and not out of place from a horror game. I think ditto was a far better DNA based Pokémon because a fetus cat is not cute to me personally in the slightest whereas a pile of goo is a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
Mew ? thats a first lol I like its shiny form! each to thier own. Slowking is my favourite out of the two but the mega is cool.

Favourite Pokémon in gen 1 is probably Golduck. That might sound like an odd choice but i adore the design and I use it when I do play.

Least favourite is probably Raticate. I'm sure it's good but I just can't get over the ugliness.
Yeah Golduck is appeling no doubt!

These have been my favourites since I was very, very young.

persian.png
lapras.png
eevee.png
vaporeon.png
aerodactyl.png

And these made the list in more recent years.

nidorina.png
vulpix.png
ponyta.png
scyther.png
jolteon.png
flareon.png
articuno.png
dragonair.png
mewtwo.png

I don't dislike any, but I find some... unappealing. They are:

jynx.png
mr-mime.png
pinsir.png
electrode.png
geodude.png
graveler.png
machamp.png
Good choices!! love how you used sprites here!!

WOW guys been away for ages working on the channel! I come back and the comments have blown up!! really good answers guys keep it up!!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I adore Wartortle. Those fuzzy ears, that fluffy tail, that blush, those protruding fangs, that tough look in its eyes... a great balance between cool and cute. Design-wise, it's my favorite (maybe even my overall favorite). It's also one of the more nostalgic Pokémon for me. I've come to like it even more since SRing a Shiny Squirtle in HeartGold last year.

Least-favorite for me would probably be Nidorina. With the exception of some of its sprites, I always found its design a bit on the awkward side (especially in its classic artwork where its head seemed way too big for its body). Prior to Diamond and Pearl, I think I considered it my least-favorite Pokémon of all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Companion wise: JIgglypuff is too adorable.

Actual use wise, Primeape. Every time I'm in Kanto, I know I have to run out and get a Primeape, first thing. It's wild, fast and powerful; just my kind of strategy in a Pokemon.

It's a lot like the guy in my sig; blunt and to the point with his fists, and that's always the most fun. I greatly like its design as well.

Least favorite is Tangela. Guy became cool in Gen 4, but he sucked big time in generation 1.

Last edited:
Back