• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggested New Types

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    yea, i agree sand and wood are good ideas (i made up some wood attacks, i will post them if u want me too)
    undead is like ghost, and plankton, lol

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • There should be a nimb type, like faries and stuff. Their secondary type could be flying, grass, fire, water, and electric. They could live in the water, air, and forest. If you know mythology, you know the nymbs or however you spell it.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • If you have wood attacks, change the word "wood" to "grass" please. They'll be needed a lot more grass moves. Sand is another word for mud or ground? Like... if there's a new type, dont make it a "duplicate" type O.o; (other example: wind and flying... almost the same. Undead and ghost are no different?)

Fungi/Plankton are fit into the grass category, even though in terms of biology they aren't "plant." However if a gecko is treated as a grass type, then so can mushrooms and parasite (which is already made into Parasect already)

All the minerals can really fit under steel... though I still think that it should be renamed to metal just to add in flexibility.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • I believe that flying types in the japanese version are "wind types." Plus if air cutter is a flying type, then safe to say that they're interchangable in Pokemon terms?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Flying type Pokemon is "Hiuko Pokemon" in Japanese.
    Flying Palace is "Hiuko Kon" in Japanese.

Hiuko means Flying.
    Kaze means wind.

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
  • Generally, we need a Cosmic type to cover up the mistake they did by making all Pokemon from space "psychic."
    Pokemon that should become Cosmic type and replacing Psychic:
    Beldum
    Jirachi
    Solrock
    Lunatone

Pokemon that should add on the Cosmic type:
    Cleffa
    Deoxys

Once you have the Cosmic type, think of the things you can do!
    For example, we can make Cosmic Power and Meteor Mash cosmic type,
    and have new moves such as Star Attack or Pulsar Beam or Black Hole or Asteroid Crush or Dimatic Blast or Supernova or just about anything!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • and steel attacks are in trash without meteor mash to back them up... psychic attacks will run out of ideas even quicker. Psychic does mean any form of supernatural powers, including astrological related junk. =p

Really no point of inventing a type with just like 6 attacks... current types need a lot more moves... psychic, grass and steel, to name a few...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Why do Psychic types need more moves? They already get Psychic universally from a tm.

While I am normally anti-new type, I like the idea of sound the best *hugs Exploud*. Many existing attacks fall under sound; roar, growl, supersonic, uproar, grass whistle, hyper voice, snore, and some others. Just add in some physical attacks and you have a well-rounded type. The only thing put into question are the type's weaknesses and resistances (I think Grass should be strong to Sound because I said so and Grass needs a boost).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • And how come I forgot to mention the desperate need for more bug moves...

Yes even though there's hte universal Psychic, but there's like... no moves other than Confusion/Psybeam/Future Sight/Psychic... I still prefer a type to have some weak moves for early part ingame, some midpowered moves with side effect, and then the flamethrower/ice beam/psychic rank moves... err... I'm not making sense now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    Iveechan said:
    Why do Psychic types need more moves? They already get Psychic universally from a tm.

While I am normally anti-new type, I like the idea of sound the best *hugs Exploud*. Many existing attacks fall under sound; roar, growl, supersonic, uproar, grass whistle, hyper voice, snore, and some others. Just add in some physical attacks and you have a well-rounded type. The only thing put into question are the type's weaknesses and resistances (I think Grass should be strong to Sound because I said so and Grass needs a boost).
    lol, yea. and it has to be strong against psychic because thats too strong.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Psychic is currently messed up by dark majorly... in fact dark was made just to kill psychic. However, there is more to it than that... you'll have to compare the chart a lot... Grass is automatically strong against sound though because grass needs any form of illogical boost it can get =p

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • Hmmm… I agree about the need for more Bug moves. Especially since most Bug types that learn Bug moves, can't make good use for them, as they generally are also Poison types [Beedrill, for instance]. Also, Heracross, who is the only bug [that i know of], that learns Megahorn, is also at a disadvantage to Psychic power…

Back