• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggested New Types

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    How about Mechanical types? Kind of like Mewtwo with that mechanical suit.
    But it's permanent.

Pros:
    Never ever dies.

Never Eats.

Never Sleeps.

Cons:

Can't breed.

Can't show emotions.

Must have a grey/gray ish colour.

"Post Script": wheres the spelling mistake in my signature??!

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    hey, what about a soft/hard type????

o yea, u forgot some commas in ur sig.
    aha! you also spelt because wrong
    Hello, this is my signature. It is pointless. Do not read this unless you are bored out of your skull and have absolutely nothing to do. This signature is a waste of space and time. Please stop reading this because I am wasting your valuable time in which if you had a super jetpack and flew somewhere to buy a lottery ticket you might of won 1 centrillion dollars but you didn't beacuse you don't have a super jetpack and you are wasting your time reading this becuase you are bored out of your skull and have absolutely nothing to do. Now find the spelling mistake I wrote in my signature. I'm sure you'll find nothing that has been mispelled.
    booya

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    What about Wind types? They could have attacks like Tornado, Whirlwind, Chilly Breeze, Warm Wind, and you could even lump Gust into there!

As for Pokemon that could be wind types..... I'll have to get back to you on that.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    That's a good idea! I thought about that when they introduced the Dark Type..... perhaps there will be some Light Types in the next wave of Pocket Monsters!

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Dang it, read earlier posts to see why frostweaver and I disproved the need of a light type.

Years
    Um The word spelled incorrectly is "Mispelled", it should be spelled "Misspelled" XD I think that there isn't really much need for new types. Although it would be interesting, it's not one of my main priorities-we wouldn't want them to become unoriginal, right? But since we're on the subject, what about a wood type? (Sorry if it's already been mentioned XD) Like, strong against water, rock, and ground, ,and weak against electric and fire... Kinda like grass, huh? I think the idea of a rubber type was pretty neat to whoever brough that up, to me it seems like a normal pokemon with advantages though XD Maybe there should be sub-types? Like a Grass pokemon with a wood sub-type, so it would be weak against Electric pokemon, not like pure-bred grass pokemon who would be strong against it. Maybe a steel pokemon with a mechanical sub-type, flying with a wind sub-type, etc...

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Hmm...no, it should be more elemental. Although they don't all have correct names, flying used to be wind/air and grass used to be nature (like plants and stuff) but they made some last minute descisions (possibly to make it more catchy).

And why is it important to tell us how to spell 'misspelled'?

Years
    "Post Script": wheres the spelling mistake in my signature??!
    If the types were elemental, what would the names of the types be? I can only think of...
    Bug
    Dark-Evil
    Dragon
    Electric-Thunder/Same
    Fighting
    Fire-Same
    Flying-Wind
    Ghost-Spirit
    Grass-Nature
    Ground/Rock-Earth (what would the other one be called? O.o)
    Ice-Same?
    Normal
    Poison
    Psychic-Mind
    Steel-Metal
    Water-Same

What would the others be called? :confused:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    PLEASE do not refer dark to evil and evil to dark... refer to earlier posts as suggested before =/

Dark- "black"
    Bug
    Dragon
    Electric (keep it so it doesn't get confused with the move "Thunder")
    Fire
    Flying -> Wind (should be renamed, but no need to start a new type called Wind)
    Ghost -> Spirit (agree... the term spirit isn't as negative as ghost, and certainly even further away from 'evil')
    Grass (keep it as grass because nature will include water and bug and so on)
    Ground (Pokemon world is on earth, and to be specific, Japan... so why name an element after the name of the planet)
    Rock (rock and ground are different)
    Normal
    Poison
    Psychic (not mind please... tha'ts like saying all the other types that aren't mind types are stupid or something)
    Steel -> Metal (even TCG says so... plus steel is a type of metal so what the heck)
    Water

All the ones without suggestion should be kept the same to me... only a few can get some rewordings.

Years
    Very good points Frostweaver! I still don't understand how there could be more types without altering the originality of the game. As-is, the names of the types suit the theme/atmosphere of the series, it would bne pretty neat though to see how pokemon would be if the developers treated it with more "maturity".

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Raichu tamer, I told you to refer to the exact same thing earlier, why did you act as if I didn't say anything when you go on with the dark=evil thing?

Years
    Sorry Pine, I didn't refer to the previous posts. I don't post much in this part of the board often, and I wasn't expecting to come back to the thread, sorry about that.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    It's okay, I was just hoping it wasn't voluntary, because some people just don't like listening to me...but let's not get into that...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    actually PC is always a bit terrible at reading... our members' average reading level is at most gr.2 because they can't read plenty of things... like sometimes there's this big big red sticky up there saying "codes and cheating device" and they start 10 billion new threads asking info for codes and cheating devices... x_X; we really suck at reading official stuff unless the world "hiring mods" are in it.

just to remind those who didn't join us from the start, the idea of Sound type is still the best so far.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Hmm...I ususally read as much as I can...but maybe that's just me...and probably why it's so annoying to me when others don't...but oh well...

Oh, and frostweaver, noting that we had a good discussion going on earlier about light/dark and all that, I thought you might want to check something I found when doing a bit of hacking, and I thought you'd find interesting...Check my Light White and Space Black (I had Arcanine reopen it from my DC trip) thread and read my last post...

Back