• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggested New Types

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *brings this back on topic*

Blah... forgot all those space junk... x.x; *arguments shattered*

Anything that I forgot to mention... just what are the "dark" type moves? They aren't "dark" or "evil", just "cheap." Imagine two guys fighting each other and one guy started to suddenly bite the other person... not the most honorable thing to do. Faint attack (I can go on and on about that one, how it's suppose to be feint attack like the TCG but another day) is either a sneak attack, or if it's suppose to be feint attack, then faking out a move and then suddenly attack the opponent with another attack to catch someone off guard... again, not the most honorable thing to do and some considers such action as "cheap." Chasing a lost fighter is also not very heroic, if you compare that to bushido and those japanese stuff... I never studied japanese culture in detail, but I do know that chasing a combattent who already forfeited is not the best thing to do ever... Dark moves are more like "cheap" moves, so... why are we drawing a parallel to "light?" You can say "well if dark moves are actually suppose to be 'cheap,' let's make a 'not-cheap' type!" No... that doesn't work either... because all the other attacks aren't "cheap" in the sense already... well maybe except water spouting Kyogres.

And after thinking about this a little further, I think that rock type should be kept now. A type should be created not because "sounds cool enough to me!" A type is created because...

a) you need something to start with

b) balance of metagame (ex: creation of dark types, to kill psychics)

c) there's too much things in a type already... you need to creat a new type to seperate them so it's not too crowded (ex: ice and water... they're the same thing just in different form: one is solid and the other is liquid. Originally, they should be the same type going under a unified title of either water or ice... however, there's tons of moves for water/ice type then, and there will be too many Pokemon with that element. With so many Pokemon with the same type, then even more Pokemon will become a NU member because someone with the exact same properties/elements will do the job better... so that's why they split up water/ice into 2 different elements... this way, some trainers will consider using Pokemon like Lapras even if Vaporeon is created, because Lapras has the extra ice element while Vaporeon is pure water. The different elements may affect the team.)

Sound type is really the only good suggestions so far... there is already an overflow of normal type Pokemon, and there's tons of moves in the normal type... the new element will create some much needed diversity so that some formerly normal type Pokemon won't be ignored anymore (there's tons of normal type Pokemon overshadowing one another... like how Wigglytuff is barely any different than Clefable... however, with the creation of sound element and changing Wigglytuff to a sound type, then both of those Pokemon maybe used, instead of just "either one or the other"). That's why sound type is a good suggestion...

and btw, I'm only mod over Pokemon RS and Pokemon strategy, so I can't close stuff here even if I want to.

*hoped the above made sense*

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Yeah. It made sense.

*Wonders what the heck is wrong with this section's mod and where they are*

Gyaradical

@_@ GYARADOS USER!!
    Years
    Actually, I think there should be an iron type to rival steel. And by adding one more type called a magnet type my made-up type (Iron) would be weak against it. o.O; But I think that a digital type would suck since there are only two Pokemon made up from a computer.

~Crazy and Lazy,
    Gyaradical :17: ~

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Well, Steel type is just a bad naming of Metal type. The 'steel' type energy card (TCG) says 'Metal' energy, proving my point. But there still remains a type that's weak to steel, there needs to be one...Or maybe not...since pokemon that are steel types also are another type...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Steel type is perfectly balanced... they're super powerful in terms of defenses. Just because steel on the offense sucks doesn't mean that it's unbalanced. Gotta look at the defensive side too.

Grass on the other hand... sucks in both ways x_x;

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Mewlove said:
    noodleheads? Hey, what about string or vine types, natural type, fragrance type, shape type, ball type(attacks as in rollout...) magic type, fairy type or devil type?

OOPS Im not so familiar about this... But giving a suggestion should be ok right?
    Noodle heads? Hey, I love noodles!
    Japanese people, let me eat you! XD

*No racism is meant in this post*

Anyway, I think 3D would be fun!
    --------------------------------------
    On topic: new element--3D type <---@_@||||||

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    3d element?? i dunno, really only porygon and porygon 2 are 3d
    o yea, i made a webpage for sound type.
    www.soundtype.tk
    please tell me if u like it
    and pelase suggest sound type attacks and stuff

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Kaa! Don't you think there are too many normal Pokemon?
    Time for Porygon line to have a change.

They should divide sea water and fresh water Pokemon too!

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    yea..i want to know that too
    there really arent any liquid pokemon
    and plasma...well its hard to explain, but i dont think that could happen
    and..if there was a sound type..which current opkemon would be a sound type pokemon?? (its for my site, i needa update)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    and Pokemon needs no reason, logic or science... If Pokemon is so logical, then there will be 50 thousand threads discussing "How do scientists in the Pokemon world measure the weight of Dugtrio so accurately?"

Regarding new types... I'm keeping my stand...

Back