• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Re-release! Pokémon: Adventure to Empire Isle

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Quietly bumping by to ask how the progress for this is coming along?

Hey - thanks for the interest.

So I've stopped working on the hack. I'm happy I came back to it and massively improved on what it was left at 9/10 years ago but...

I want to start fresh. I have such a cool idea for a slightly darker game but there's a problem. I want a ROM base with up to Gen 5 (at least) Pokemon and moves already inserted, physical / special split etc.

Problem is that I can't create that ROM base. Setting up my own CFRU looks too complicated and the set up isn't very user friendly. If somebody could help me create a decent ROM base, or set up a CFRU ROM base for me, then I would happily commit to creating a new and full game. I can map, script etc etc etc and I love making games, but the haven't got a thousand hours or the patience to set up a fresh ROM base.

This hack though, this will remain as it is for those who fancy killing 6-10 hours playing through!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey - thanks for the interest.

So I've stopped working on the hack. I'm happy I came back to it and massively improved on what it was left at 9/10 years ago but...

I want to start fresh. I have such a cool idea for a slightly darker game but there's a problem. I want a ROM base with up to Gen 5 (at least) Pokemon and moves already inserted, physical / special split etc.

Problem is that I can't create that ROM base. Setting up my own CFRU looks too complicated and the set up isn't very user friendly. If somebody could help me create a decent ROM base, or set up a CFRU ROM base for me, then I would happily commit to creating a new and full game. I can map, script etc etc etc and I love making games, but the haven't got a thousand hours or the patience to set up a fresh ROM base.

This hack though, this will remain as it is for those who fancy killing 6-10 hours playing through!

That's totally understandable, I wish you good luck in your upcoming project! Have you considered hitting up Hacksrepairman? He's a ROM hacker who picks up old school ROM hacks that haven't been worked on, and finishes them up completely.

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hey guys

So I have recently taught myself how to insert Pokemon, which means I can insert loads of new gen Pokemon and add some mutant Pokemon for Team Rocket battles.

I can work on this in the background however, this ROM is age old and the battle mechanics are vanilla Firered.

Can anybody help me with the following?

- Adding physical vs special split
    - Reducing super-effective and critical-hit damage bonus
    - Reducing not-very-effective damage penalty

... or is it somehow easier just to start a fresh ROM from scratch? I have a ROM base with the above already inserted, but porting all of the maps, scripting, events, trainer battles etc across will take a long long long long long long time.

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Sorry for the double post!

In a way I am leaning towards a fresh ROM base. It gives me a chance to rewrite a lot of the generic scripting and gives me a clean slate in terms of flags and SETVARs.

If anybody who has played has some feedback for how I can improve the game (which I definitely can) I can try and cover that in the same fresh remake of this game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey guys

So I have recently taught myself how to insert Pokemon, which means I can insert loads of new gen Pokemon and add some mutant Pokemon for Team Rocket battles.

I can work on this in the background however, this ROM is age old and the battle mechanics are vanilla Firered.

Can anybody help me with the following?

- Adding physical vs special split
    - Reducing super-effective and critical-hit damage bonus
    - Reducing not-very-effective damage penalty

... or is it somehow easier just to start a fresh ROM from scratch? I have a ROM base with the above already inserted, but porting all of the maps, scripting, events, trainer battles etc across will take a long long long long long long time.

You can try modexe firered

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    HUGE UPDATE COMING SOON

I have started from scratch on a clean ROM with a updated ROM base, which adds a variety of modern battle mechanics, Fairy-type etc etc.

All scripts have been rewritten and I have added a bunch of content, including later gen Pokémon and mutated forms of existing Pokémon.

I'll start uploading screenshots soon of what to expect from the re-re-release.

Expected release of updated version up to 5th gym is end of this month (July 2021).

Keep an eye out!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    HUGE UPDATE COMING SOON

I have started from scratch on a clean ROM with a updated ROM base, which adds a variety of modern battle mechanics, Fairy-type etc etc.

All scripts have been rewritten and I have added a bunch of content, including later gen Pokémon and mutated forms of existing Pokémon.

Expected release of updated version up to 5th gym is end of this month (July 2021).

Keep an eye out!

Good luck

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • HUGE UPDATE COMING SOON

Keep an eye out!

Oh man! This is very exciting news! As a person who was aware of this hack as a teenager, and witnessing it moving forward as I have grown older is really nostalgic. Can't wait to see some screenshots!

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • What's the idea behind mutated forms of existing pokemons? How are they different from regular pokemons? Looking forward to the initial release, nonetheless. Good luck with the project..!!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    What's the idea behind mutated forms of existing pokemons? How are they different from regular pokemons? Looking forward to the initial release, nonetheless. Good luck with the project..!!

So the mutated forms are what Team Rocket are using, and the player will have access to some mutated Pokemon too.

Generally the mutated Pokeon have buffed HP, attack and speed stats and debuffed defence stats, but this will vary depending on the Pokemon. The mutated Pokemon will also have a different appearance to their regular forms, different abilities, moves and learnsets. They will be harder to raise but worth the trouble.

I'm going to post some screenshots shortly showing some of the updates!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hey everybody.

As above I am planning to release a huge update for the game soon, although this will likely be August now.

The update is a complete restart of the game on a modern ROM base.

Here are some updated screenshots to give you a feel for what is new!

New generation Pokemon!
    Spoiler:

Front and back sprites for ALL Pokemon re-done!
    Spoiler:

Fully revamped mutated Pokemon!
    Spoiler:

Lots more in-game events and storytelling!
    Spoiler:

Brand new characters featuring throughout the story!
    Spoiler:

New areas not in the previous releases!

Spoiler:

Upcoming New Features vs current release
    Spoiler:

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • So the mutated forms are what Team Rocket are using, and the player will have access to some mutated Pokemon too.

Generally the mutated Pokeon have buffed HP, attack and speed stats and debuffed defence stats, but this will vary depending on the Pokemon. The mutated Pokemon will also have a different appearance to their regular forms, different abilities, moves and learnsets. They will be harder to raise but worth the trouble.

I'm going to post some screenshots shortly showing some of the updates!

Interesting!! So, they have different typing as well, right? The Electric/Fairy Ampharos looks like an exciting prospect; perhaps a distant relative of Tapu Koko. xD
    This Mutant X Factor might also work as the X-factor for this game, as far as I am concerned! Looking forward to the initial release, mate!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Interesting!! So, they have different typing as well, right? The Electric/Fairy Ampharos looks like an exciting prospect; perhaps a distant relative of Tapu Koko. xD
    This Mutant X Factor might also work as the X-factor for this game, as far as I am concerned! Looking forward to the initial release, mate!

Yeah different typings too! So the Nidoking showcased in the screenshots is a Poison/Psychic dual type with a significant boost to Sp. Atk.

It will make the game a little more difficult for people as you won't know what typings you're up against!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Can I get the full tm list please

I'll be providing a full TM list and evolutions guide upon re-release in August. I might even throw in a guide to Wild encounters too!

I am away at the moment so have no access to my ROM or the backing details.

Watch this space.

Back