• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

Years
  • Someone wonder traded me a shiny Luvdisc on Valentine's Day. Hacked (perfect stats), but I don't care since it was good timing.

Then this morning I got my own first shiny in S&M, a Popplio I hatched. Finally.

User19sq

So it turns out you can RNG in these games. And I ended up doing this:

Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Just ran into and catch a shiny Caterpie in my playthrough of Sun. I have never run into a shiny Pokemon while still playing through the main bulk of the game, so this little buddy is going right on my team.

Years
  • While levelling up my Sliggoo on Exeggutor Island, I encountered a shiny Exeggcute. I've never looked for shines int he past and it's the first shiny Pokemon I have ever encountered/had. Now I am proud to have an amazing shiny Alolan Exeggutor in my party.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • A few hours in and I found a Shiny Drifloon with decent nature and stats in the cemetery somewhere in Melemele.

Haven't played in a while though so I could see more in due time.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    So far, I've gotten six shinies in Moon.
    Pikachu, Sandygast, Grimer, Litten (159 eggs), Pikipek and Charjabug..All evolved except Charjabug (Keeping him that way).
    Random Encountering, hoping to find a shiny female Oranguru...

Years
  • A few hours in and I found a Shiny Drifloon with decent nature and stats in the cemetery somewhere in Melemele.

Haven't played in a while though so I could see more in due time.

Nice to see someone else get a shiny Drifloon, joining the one I have on X myself. It's interesting to note that in Festival Plaza, you can potentially get a bouncy house that looks like a shiny Drifblim, so that would not be a bad idea at all, because it'll match your own shiny!

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    At 983 random encounters in the Lush Jungle, I found my seventh Sun / Moon shiny - Paras..
    It ain't shiny Oranguru, but it's still a shiny something. :3

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • Nice to see someone else get a shiny Drifloon, joining the one I have on X myself. It's interesting to note that in Festival Plaza, you can potentially get a bouncy house that looks like a shiny Drifblim, so that would not be a bad idea at all, because it'll match your own shiny!

For a player who only goes for competitive, I rarely encounter shinies. That's why I'm attached to the Drifloon. I'm planning to take it with me online after a bit of training.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since getting Dewpider, Lillipup, and Pikipek, I also ran into a random shiny Cubone and snagged a shiny Roggenrola via SOS at a chain of 34.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    I caught a shiny Yungoos as the first or second Pokemon I encountered after I just restarted the game and received my starter xD.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • I had to SOS chain to get a shiny Pikipek when I first started. It was grueling, but I did it while I was at work, so it turned out alright. I just lose focus easily.

I mostly get my shinies from trading, though.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I have so far acquired only two shiny pokemon.

My first Shiny was a Beedrill that I was lucky enough to acquire during a Wonder Trade. It's a 6/6 IV, Jolly natured, has Sniper, has pokerus, level 100, and is from Spain (I'm not sure if it's a fake or a clone, and I haven't really bothered to check.).
    I haven't really wanted to use it, but it's still a hell of a lucky find in a wonder trade.

The second shiny I acquired is a shiny Eevee. I bred it while I was mass breeding for 6/6 IV Eevee's. It has 4/6 IV's, Modest nature. Named him "Silverado".

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I stumbled upon a shiny formantis my first time going through the route. This was when the game came out and I wasn't really familiar with pokemon colours. I wasn't paying attention and I almost missed the shiny animation! I came so close to just killing it without knowing.

I'm really happy it was a formantis too, since lurantis is one of my favourites this gen.

Back