• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Team Flare Discussion | X and Y Fanmade Battle Theme!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
  • Do you guys think that there's going to be another evil team in this game? Or do you think there's going to be more like a gray area like Plasma? There's always the possibility of having a good guy turning bad...so what do you guys think about that one?

If you're interested, composer ElectricMudkip and I have created a fanmade battle theme for the so-called 'evil leader'!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I could see a scientists team that want to know more about the DNA of the lengendaries and maybe even the new discovered fairy type. They can end up making a new pokemon like Mewtwo and Genesect. But I think they gonna change how the team will work to not copy the past one since they seem to change about everything for now. I'm sure they will surprise us.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I really hope that the bad guys are scientists! Kind of like the blonde dude form Black/White 2. That would fit the X and Y theory.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was thinking it would be interesting if the evil teams main goal centred around humanity rather than pokemon. It would be an interesting twist.

Like if they wanted to mind control the populace and since pokemon were immune they had to be destroyed.

Or if they wanted to cause conflict between humanity and pokemon. Cause humanity and pokemon to trust each other less.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • There are the DNA symbols in the Logo. They must mean something.

I would like the evil team grunts to be Failed Trainers who lost to a particular Gym Leader, or to the Elite 4. (depending on for far in the game they are.) They are juvenile delinquents who want revenge on the Gym trainers that defeated them. They are rallied to action by an Evil Villain Mastermind.

Scientists are always cool in Pokemon, since there is so much magic too. It makes some nice contrast.

What if the Villains are magic-oriented? They have harnessed the power of Fairy-Type Pokemon and the Tech-Based Kalos trainers can't compete with the Mystical advantage the Villains have.

In order to defeat the Villains, you must lean such ancient secrets and bond with the most powerful Fairy of them all, Xerneas!

What about that?

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I know a lot of people won't like this idea but I wouldn't mind a return of Team Rocket. I don't know how the main legendaries would fit in with this, but then again, the game could be made in such a way where they wouldn't have to.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
    Years
  • So you think it's basically like Plasma but oriented to DNA research to create genetically enhanced Pokemon? Seems like an overly used idea though...

TR's return actually does sound interesting after a few gens without em.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Aren't you guys forgetting that we need a female team leader(not counting spin offs) for once?~ Oh yeah, and for the main legendaries, lots of people(including me!) think that Yveltal and Xerneas are life and death. And contributing to that idea, maybe the evil team wants to reach immortality?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Adding to that, and the DNA theme, it could have to do with the "aging" and "immortality" genes. Maybe it could be a modern genetic take on what alchemists from the late middle ages tried to accomplish using a mix of magic and chemestry, only it'll be magic (Xerneas/Yvetal) and science.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • The scientist idea is pretty nice and fitting to the theme, but they would need to be some kind of cult i think, who want to experiment on Pokemon, although it's illegal, to reach some goal, like immortality

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
    Years
  • Immortality is cliche but it hasn't been used in Pokemon. Maybe by changing genetics? Finding a 'fountain of youth'? I think it's possible.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    They could try to do something with Xerneas and Yvetal to be able to make the philosopher's stone.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
    Years
  • Hm, reminds me of alchemy, da philo stone. There were also rumors about this 'Team Gear' thing and time travel. What do you think about that one?

Also what'd you guys think of the battle theme? //shot

Years
  • I don't think Time travel will be the evil theme/goal this time around, would've worked best with gen 4 or even gen 2 with their time-power using legendaries.

Also that rumor sounds familiar, like one that has already been disproven a long time ago.

I don't think Time travel will be the evil theme/goal this time around, would've worked best with gen 4 or even gen 2 with their time-power using legendaries.

Also that rumor sounds familiar, like one that has already been disproven a long time ago.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Well, from this month's CoroCoro, it's been revealed that the new team is called Team Flare/Flair, and that their motivation is to make money. Seems like a weird motivation for an evil team set in the Pokémon world, seeing as it doesn't really seem to directly involve Pokémon at all. I'm kind of happy that the name isn't something like Team DNA or Team Genetics or anything of the sort like people were predicting!

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • What an unexpected motive, but I like it actually. It's actually the only motive that's really anthropomorphous. I wonder what they will do with all that money? /epicforeshadowing

Aesthetically, they look pretty sophisticated and know what their doing.

Pokemon-wise? I'm guessing fire as their primary type, with psychic, normal, and dark as their secondary. (dark mainly because whenever I think of a syndicate with this motive, I imagine robbery and thievery, which reminds me of dark-types) and obviously other random types here and there, hopefully.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Amazing! From whats been revealed so far about Team Flair, they, as was said in the post above this one, went for more of a Team Rocket feel with this one. So, basically, they did the idea I posted about wanting earlier, but made it a bit more original, which in turn, makes me very happy.

Years
  • Well Plasma avoided those Zubats (due to the lack of in Unova) and Magma, Aqua, and Galactic didn't use their regional rodent Pokémon, hopefully this team will avoid both.

Back