• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Storyline Speculation!

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
I hope that they do something with Harmonia being a protagonist. I thought it'd be awesome if they made Harmonia a rival. ♥

blue

gucci
Years
Well it could still be set in Unova but following the leave of N i.e what happened with Team Plasma and the Sages or it could go before all this, either way.. it's going to be interesting.

Years
The story ought to begin with a recap of what happened in BW, but one in which the you, the player, as a resident of Unova, were present to so it's all from your memory. Something about it inspired you and that's what starts you off on your own adventure.

The player would have some kind of connection to the original plot - possibly a relative to one of the characters, or maybe just that they knew someone from the BW games but they know something that wasn't revealed. Like, they could be Alder's grandchild and know what happened to Alder's old partner.

I'd like it if the story had something altogether new. It would be great if they did a followup on N and Ghetsis, but I'd prefer if that was saved for the post-game with only a few clues here and there. The player ought to have their own story, something to do with healing people's hurt feelings or something like that. I imagine one of the plot points to be some event or Team Evil is causing friction between old friends and allies and you gotta help people get along again for The Greater Good.

I would like for Team Plasma to be the good guys this time, or at least some of the named characters to be there to help you. Of course this only works if you go with a whole plot around reconciliation and helping each other, etc. etc.

I wonder if Bianca is champion in one game and Cheren is champ in the other.
I like this idea. Maybe not exactly these two as champions because I think they had goals that would lead them elsewhere, but if there were a lot more differences in the games, including different champions, that would be a lot of fun.

The Author

Years
Well it could still be set in Unova but following the leave of N i.e what happened with Team Plasma and the Sages or it could go before all this, either way.. it's going to be interesting.

I could see "The Revenge of Ghetsis" being a key point in the plot. The sages seemed kind of innocent, though. (most of them, anyway)

Years
Lacunosa Town

So, anyone remember Lacunosa Town? It's the small town just to the right of Opelucid City. Now if recall, Lacunosa Town didn't have much to offer. It had a Pokemon Center, and of course the cool feature of the villagers returning to their homes at night because of the 'monster' (Kyurem). Now as I'm sure you all know by now, Kyurem is the star of Black 2 and White 2.

So what do you think? Will Lacunosa Town see a bigger role in the story now that Kyurem is the main legendary? Personally, it was my favourite town, so I'd like to see it play a more significant role.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm sure someone else has speculated this but maybe you take the opposite route from using the Drawbridge and instead go through the Lacunosa Town, it's a possible outcome.

Years
That sounds like an interesting idea. So instead of turning left from Nimbasa, you'd go right?
It'd certainly make for a different game. I wonder what order you'd beat the gyms in?

The Author

Years
It will obviously have a bit more importance, but I don't think that Lacunosa Town will be too important, it'll just have a bit more reasoning.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think Ghetsis can use the "Team Plasma" persona for his comeback... Plasma's already been exposed for what it is.

Therefore, I find it interesting to see what his new organization will be like... what it'll be called, what their purported goal will be, and which of the Triad/Sages will return to his side.

And if the different games have different champions, I'm going after the one with Bianca as champ.

Years
Man they really get us going with our speculations, giving us such little info.

Though unexpected (because pokemon games normally don't have a part 2), I think it makes sense that BW does have a part 2 because the story of BW is very detailed, not to mention the open ending. I mean these new games could have so much in it, showing how things and characters have developed.. Even if it only features Unova, which I think is what we should assume.

I am not going to speculate about the story though. There are too many possibilities right now. I do hope Nintendo uses those possibilities to make something good. I'm pretty excited.

blue

gucci
Years
As much as I don't want it to happen I'm kind of supporting the idea of visiting Hoenn.. after all N did fly off to a distant land and that could be it unless it's Kanto or some new (small) area which may not have taken long to develop. For example you may have to team up with N to stop Team Magma & Aqua and I wouldn't really like that but there are many other outcomes, we definitely need more information yet.

Years
I see your point, and I like the idea of a different region playing a role in these games. But it would make no sense.
I'm saying it would make no sense because if it is Hoenn, which is what many people including me would want to see, I doubt there will be an RS remake and the long anticipated RS remakes are inevitable in my opinion.
Now if it isn't Hoenn but a different region it would still confuse me. Though I love the idea it just feels wrong if you think of the usual pattern of the main games and such. I guess it could be some kind of all new yet small region but meh...

UNLESS they are just ditching the whole pattern thing, which is what the 'part 2' games are implying (I mean Gen V would have *at least* 4 games, which is a first). It could be a possibility, seeing as BW was a new start and stuff.

I really have no clue though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I doubt Hoenn's teams would appear seeing how Bw and B2W2 (if a sequel) take place after they broke up (RSE took place sometime before gen 4's time) if the region were to appear.
I can see a neo Plasma like GS had neo Rocket. Maybe Ghetsis free's the Sages and this time they play more of a role and battle the Player. Maybe they drop more hints about N along the way. Also maybe we see Charon once more (seeing how he was arrested in Pt, he might every well have been in Jail with the Sages)

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
N, Ghetsis + Shadow Triad/Sages, as well as the player and the Gym leaders will all collide in a climactic, final battle somewhere in Unova, probably at Dragonspiral Tower. Things will go down, to say the least.

Last edited:

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
i think that the sages will get rand new sprites as they will battle you the player and also the shadow triad will become admin's under ghestis's command of course. quite possible a battle frontier area where you face all people that have been champions in all of the games so far. and the god stone will have a totally new legend to it that has to do with the new movie^^

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Really liking Raichupacabra's thinking! However maybe instead of the idea of having Hilbert not have any of his Pokémon anymore, because he's now old and has had his days of a very interesting journey, he would let his son or daughter (you, the protagonist) go out on their very own adventure to try and solve this as well as experience the great Pokémon world!

It would give us a chance to have different protagonists and the games would definitely be considered sequels. Though think how old N/Ghetsis would be by then, if Hilbert were to be a dad or Hilda as the mom. D8 Oh, and so would the Gym Leaders/E4 Members, and a lot of characters would just be old.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Gym leader's being villains, fusing pokemon,someone manipulating people , people who want to free pokemon from humans...is it me or does Gen V's plot sound a lot like the Pokespe RGB and Y arcs?

Anyways I don't want to see the previous character's be parents just yet...N's plot has to be explored this generation, possibly by different characters. The character's as mentioned before coule come from a diffrent small town...maybe even Lacusta (or however you spell it) town...imagine a protagonist who lives right across from the main legend but doesn't know it yet...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Does anybody remember what Cynthia said in B/W?

I want to see this put into action...

That! is what i would like to see. I'd love to see Cynthia against Lance.

As for me, I really don't care I just wanna play already!

Back