• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Yikes! Scary!

What do you think of the Ghost Type Pokemon this Gen?

• I love them! They're all awesome! <3

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • They all suck. GF should try harder to make better Ghosts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • They're great, but need some changes. (Specify)

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
  • I, have always loved Ghost types, and there definitely was an abundance of Ghost Types this Gen, adding much spookier and cooler Pokemon. There were also some cool, new typings for them as well, like Ghost and Water, or Ghost and Ground.

Do you like their designs?
    Which is your favorite, and why?
    What changes, if any, would you make to them?
    What are you overall opinions of Ghost types Black and White?

I loved all of the Ghost Pokemon this Gen, from Chandelure to Jellicent. The Chandelure is a ghost of what you would see if you were in an abandoned or haunted house, so that was cool. Cofagrigus was awesome, its like a shadow coffin with the awesome ability Mummy, which makes the opponent have the same ability after physical contact. I love all of their designs, especially shiny. My favorite, would have to be a tie between, Golurk and Chandelure. They're both really awesome, and I think they both got the sense that a Ghost Pokemon should have. I, like all of the Pokemon, and wouldn't change anything about them. Overall, GF did great this Gen with the Ghost types, especially for adding more ghost types, since there are barely any. One thing I don't understand, is how Jellicent is part Ghost though. XD

Last edited:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • What are you opinions of Ghost types Black and White?
    I love that there are so many ghost type pokemon in these games. they have always been one of my fav types
    yes i do tho no design will ever beat haunter. ^_^
    Which is your favorite, and why? either cofagrigus or litwick. i like cofagrigus because its based off of egyptian coffins and litwick is just cute
    What changes, if any, would you make to them?i would make it so golett wasnt part ghost just because i dont like how it looks and it doesnt look like a ghost type
    What is your overall opinion of Ghost types this Generation? i love them wish there were more

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    I love Jellicent and Chandelure--a lot!
    They made me want to form an all-ghost team

but I dislike Cofagrigus and Golurk.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Litwick/Chandelure I've thought looked cool since I first saw them. They just didn't make the cut for my team :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    This generation introduced a lot of great Ghost types which gives me even more variety for that all-Ghost team I was planning. My favorite would have to be Chandelure (the whole Litwick line in general). I was waiting for a Ghost/Fire Pokemon to come out and the fact that it's a cute chandelier makes it even better! And as the original poster said, it really fits the mood for a haunted house. I also like Cofagrigus; basing a Pokemon off a coffin was a very unexpected choice but Cofagrigus pulls it off (plus I like Egyptian mythology). The previous generations had great Ghost types too; it seems they began to get more attention since the 3rd generation.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What are you opinions of Ghost types Black and White?: They were pretty well-designed this generation.
    Do you like their designs?: Yes, I do.
    Which is your favorite, and why?: Chandelure and Cofagrigus in that order, because Chandelure reminds me of Jack Skellington and I'm finally glad they made a mummy Pokemon. I also like Golurk because it flies.
    What changes, if any, would you make to them?: None.
    What is your overall opinion of Ghost types this Generation?: See first answer.

Years
  • Chandelure seems to stick out the most for me, also saving my ass a couple of times!

I also like the Ghost-types of this generation, but I'm sort of disappointed in the abundance of other types, as usual. This was literally the Bug/Grass generation.

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • I love 'em all, especially Chandelure. When I saw Cofigurus for the first time it freaked me out, but now i've got one and it is a tank.
    As some other people said they are quite abundant this gen, and I was disappointed when I found out that the first fire type you could obtain was Darumaka, and that was in the desert. I had to go through Pinwheel forest with my Servine and Panpour, tough times :(

Years
  • I quite like them, I think they're one of the more successful typings in this generation.

Chandelure, Jellicent and Golurk are a few favourites of mine, it's just nice to see Game Freak going out of the usual, Ghost only or Ghost/Dark/Psychic comfort zone.

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • I kind of thought that there were too many Ghost types this gen! It was so hard to choose which one I wanted on my team XD; But I'm fine with all of them, they are all lovely.

My favorite would have to be either Chandelure or Yamask.

I've liked Chandelure's design from the start. I mean, it looks awesome :D

I've grown quite attached to Yamask as well. When I first caught one and read it's Pokédex entry in Black Version, I thought that it was really sad. :( And I love it's cry.

So I think that they did a great job this gen and I'm happy with all of the Ghost types. All of them are really interesting.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    They're great. Chandelure and Cofagrigus are probably my favorites. Jellicent is definitely an interesting typing. Golurk is cool too, though I can't help but feel that its typing should have been something else, based on its design. Perhaps Ghost/Steel? Just doesn't look like a -Ground type to me.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Voted "I love them"

Ghost pokemon always seem to be winners for me. My favourite of this gen is easily Yamask/Cofagrigus. (Have one on my main team) but I also really like the Litwick and Golett families. Frillish and Jellicent are probably my least favourite of the ghost types however I still like them. (Frillish more than Jellicent)

Years
  • I don't care for any of the Ghost types leaving apart the Litwick evolutionary line. I fell in love with it the day it was revealed and used it extensively while playing Pokemon Black. To me, it's design is a mixture of adorableness and awesomeness. <3

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • They're great. Chandelure and Cofagrigus are probably my favorites. Jellicent is definitely an interesting typing. Golurk is cool too, though I can't help but feel that its typing should have been something else, based on its design. Perhaps Ghost/Steel? Just doesn't look like a -Ground type to me.

Ghost/Steel Golurk ftw. XD I love Golurk. Though it's odd that it flies since it's a ground type.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • What are you opinions of Ghost types Black and White?
    love them, they're awesome. XD

Love them, they're the BEST. XD

Which is your favorite, and why?
    Shandera, because it's awesome~ XD

What changes, if any, would you make to them?
    None.

What is your overall opinion of Ghost types this Generation?
    Love them, they're epic. XD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What are you opinions of Ghost types Black and White? My favorite one is definitely Cofagrigus, though I really enjoy how they made such a variety of types to go with Ghost this Gen. I still would have preferred a Ghost/Steel-type... :( I do like all of them, though. :D
    Do you like their designs? Yeah, actually. I really like all of their designs, though I wish Golurk got a little better break in the stat and movepool departments. :(
    Which is your favorite, and why? Erm, already answered, kinda. XD I like all of them though! They're the first Ghost-types which imo are almost cuddly. :)
    What changes, if any, would you make to them? I'd fix up their movepools and stats slightly to make them more viable in the competitive environment because that is my realm of Pokemon, but design-wise I probably wouldn't (although Pringles-man confuses me as to why he is a Ghost-type anyway).
    What is your overall opinion of Ghost types this Generation? I think that if you read everything else you'd know that I like them. XD

Back