• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rock-types abound for Pokémon GO Adventure Week

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Rock-types abound for Pok?mon GO Adventure Week

Rock types become more common for a week starting on the 18th of May! Pok? Balls are also cheaper, and Buddy Pok?mon will give Candy out more frequently for this event.

Find out more

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Yes! This sounds like it's going to be much better than the Grass non-event last week. The extra buddy candy will be especially helpful. I only need about 30 more Larvitar Candy for a Tyranitar so hopefully I'll achieve that, plus I still need lots of Kabuto candy. Despite them being a Water type, and the plague of Omanytes that spawned during the Water event, I didn't see a single Kabuto during that event. It was almost as if Niantic forgot that Kabuto was a Water type.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Let's hope there's more rock types than the Grass types I saw a couple weeks back. :V

But agreed, this is good for me. While I am fine for Omastar, I need more Kubuto, and have no Aerodactyl and Larvitar. Plus I can wipe out some much needed Candy from the Buddy system. Maybe Cyndaquil or Chansey, but Larvitar is a good choice too imo if I catch one. Good timing too as I'm nearly done with Abra candy!

plus a new hat

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
This sounds like a great event. The double candies for buddy Pok?mon especially.

I also need more Onix candies, Kabutops, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar and Magcargo. Of course that's assuming they actually get increased spawnrates and aren't just listed as having increased spawnrates on the poster like Chansey during the Valentine's Day event and Totodile and Kabuto during the water event.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
I doubt that the spawn rate for larvitar will change much at all.

But i enjoy these events a lot, i also liked the grass type event a lot, i got around 200 candy of quite a few species where i still needed much more candy. Exeggutor is a good pokemon, and so far i only got bad movesets, the event really helped, it also helped me finish some gen 2 evolutions.

There is a lot of stone stuff i still need. I mean, my gen 1 pokedex is complete except for regionals, but in many cases i only evolved the pokemon once.

Last edited:
Years
I have yet to even see an Onix in-game so getting a decent one of those to use my Metal Coat on would be kinda nice, and Kabutops/Aerodactyl would just about finish my Kanto Dex I think. Still would prefer a Fire event first, I need a ton of Growlithe candies at the moment. :o

Years
  • Age 62
  • Seen May 17, 2017
I'm sure the spoofer/bots will load up on Chansey candy to max out their Blisseys to fill up the Gyms ...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
The event started at 4pm and its now 7. I've seen 1 Onix, 1 Geodude, 1 Sudowoodo, 1 Magcargo, 2 Shuckle, 2 Aerodactyl, gallons of Kabuto, Omanyte and Slugma who is fire type.

Not a single Larvitar, Pupitar or Tyranitar yet.

Before the event I had 1 Kabuto and 3 candies. I've caught 7 Kabuto and used Pinap berries and have 50 Kabuto candies already. Was hoping for more Onix though i also need a Metal Coat but i keep getting Dragon Scales.

I have Machop as my buddy right now i have 77 candies, need 43 more for the line.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I haven't had a chance to play, but I am really loving the new hat. I am hoping to get a number of pokemon tomorrow.

There isn't many rock types around where I live, so I will be going through balls left and right. I am really hoping for an Onix though.

As for the fire event, they are probably waiting for June/July to have a Fire Event. In a lot of area of the world and other games, there is a festival called "Midsummer Festival" that people celebrate in real life, so that is probably what they are waiting for,

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I played for a few minutes today and I saw a couple of Geodudes and Omanyte was nearby, but not a ton otherwise. It's still been a long time since I saw an Onyx nearby.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I'm farming Kabuto, Slugma and Omanyte candy like there's no tomorrow! Also caught a few Onix and Shuckle, but no Larvitar yet. The 4x candy boost is super helpful as well. Finally got to the magic 50 for Porygon2 and Rapidash and now I'm working on Totodile.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I caught my Onix today thankfully. It was the main pokemon I wanted to get this week.

I also got enough Omanyte Candy and got an Omastar. I finally caught my second ever Kabutops. My first Kabutos was back when the came first came out and I caught it in my room using an incense.

I have also got a handful of Geodudes and got a Graveler and a few Slugma. I caught a Macargo when they first came out, but it was weak compared to the Slugma I had caught, so I released it.

I have seen a ton of Rhyhorn on my nearby, but didn't see any, but I have already caught a Rhyhorn and Rhydon, so not a big deal.

Only pokemon I have yet to see this week are Larvitar line, Shuckle and of course Corsola, which I can't catch where I live. I haven't seen any Sudowoodo this weekend, but I have already caught that as well, same for Aerodactyl.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Had a good two days. First caught enough Kabuto to get candy for its evolution! May save that for when I get another Lucky Egg as I'm patient enough to wait for the level 30 point (just got to 29)/when there's an exp event happening again. Maybe something for GO's anniversary?

Yesterday I caught Aerodactyl as well, right by my house. Luckily I had my phone open and was checking the nearby list time to time! 1800+ CP, not the strongest but I'll take it. First one. It broke out of the first Ultra Ball + Razz Berry but luckily the second worked.

And today just after leaving a party in a park I caught a Larvitar, my first one as well! (Not had much luck with the 10km Eggs...) Terrible CP but at least I have one in this event. Got work now it'll be the working week for the remainder of the event so I went with the Razz berry here too, but hopefully I'll encounter another. If so Pinap berry for sure.

That's all the Rock types I needed sans Larvitar's evolutions too. And now I do have a way to get them, it'll just take a looot of walking. -_- I've got my lone Chansey as my Buddy for the event, aiming to have enough Candy for a Blissey evolution whenever I hatch a second Chansey from a 10 km egg.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Back once again! Today I had to go to Lowe's to pick some stuff up for a job tomorrow morning and I ended up getting a Shuckle as soon as I got there!

Honestly I am really happy a Shuckle decided to appear. I love catching non evolution pokemon right now because I don't have to worry about evolving them and I can just work on getting the strongest I can get. Other than Onix and of course Larviatar, Shuckle was one that I really wanted to get. I don't know why, but I have really been obsessed with Shuckle lately.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Man I should venture out more. I only caught Geodudes. Living in a rural area sucks during these kinds of events. D:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I've been catching most rock Pokémon and Slugma's to get closer to the Rock and Fire medals. I know both of these types will be scarce after Thursday.

Unfortunately we are having thunderstorms and heavy rain pretty much the entire length of the event, so can't do as much walking for candies.

I finally hit 100 Machop candies so can evolve Machoke into Machamp soon.

Absolutely zilch Larvitar, like it's kind of pathetic.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Man I should venture out more. I only caught Geodudes. Living in a rural area sucks during these kinds of events. D:

Yeah I have the same problem. I live out in the middle of no where as well and I don't always go into town, so I only get 1 to 3 days to actually play the game. I have been really lucky with pokemon I am seeing, but then again, like I said earlier, we don't have many rock types around where I live.

I also have not caught a Larvitar, but I have yet to catch a Dratini or Togepie as well. So not a surprise there.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Enough larvitar to evolve my tyranitar. Before the event i only had maybe 25 larvitar candy.

But i had to use a live map and actively chase them if the map showed one i can reach in time. Lots of walking in the city without a car, lots of public transportation. Larvitar is still rare, but the spawn rate went up, but there is less of the other rare pokemon now, less dratini and snorlax and lapras and chansey. Normally i got a mix of those, now its a string of larvitar and none of the others.

I cannot complain. 280 geodude candy, 315 rhyhorn candy.

Back