• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
First time ever in god knows how many years in which I very nearly cried at the end. My eyes did water a little XDDD

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Don't say I didn't warn you xP

That was a great episode, DT almost certainly went out in a blaze of glory, almost literally. Though I do have the odd gripe. Maybe even just one, but we'll see how it goes.

First, the epic leap from the ship and into the building to face The Master and the Time Lords was awesome. But I reckon it'd be more epic if he actually landed it properly, he'd look so cool XD But I suppose that was the point.

Second, glad to see The Master sacrificing himself to get rid of the Time Lords, but does this make him officially dead now? Or do you think he'll come back in a few years?

Third, why must Wilf be stupid enough to make himself the reason The Doctor has to regenerate? It kinda annoyed me how he ignored The Doctor when you could hear him shouting at him not to seal himself in that pod. I was hoping The Doctor would go out a bit better than that but it was still emotional to watch. On another note, nice how they kept that 'Four knocks' prophecy, since Wilf did knock four times XD;

And lastly, I really did feel sorry for The Doctor, especially how he had to 'die' alone, it just added to that emotional feeling of his impending regeneration. But what almost reduce me to tears (Yes... XD) was when he muttered 'I don't want to go...' - and straight away, a more 'tragic' version of his theme kicks in, his song had finally come to an end.

My first opinion on the new Doctor? ... Meh - that's all I can say. But afterwards I did see a preview clip of the new series on the web. It looks... decent. I'll probably get used to it by then. I do like the look of his new companion though :3

On a last note:

But the Tenth Doctor, David Tennant, will always be The Doctor. My Doctor.

I solemnly second this, DT will forever remain my Doctor as well.

P.S
ALLONS-Y! is MUCH better than GERONIMO! xP

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
.. That was the best summary/review/opinion ever.XD

Really? Why, thank you! *bows*

I didn't cry at the episode, but I came very close. It's odd; I usually blub like crazy, but today tears only came to my eyes. They didn't get as far as running down my face.

I suppose Matt Smith might be good... Even if he's NOT GINGER! D=

Dang... Eleven's gonna have fun cleaning up the Tardis, eh? XD
xX

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Perhaps because the Tardis is psychicly (OMG SPELLING??) connected to the Doctor. It's a living thing, and it felt the Doctor's pain and suffering for the end of the body he'd loved so much. When he died, a part of it did, too, thus causing this immense destruction.

xX

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
It certainly made the regeneration much more climactic for his exit. Yet I've never seen someone so enthusiastic about being on-board something that's about to crash XD

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Yeah, but remember, he's just regenerated! Never quite right in the head after such a huge experience, eh?
I just looked at his clothes and tried desperately to imagine it was Ten in them, not Eleven.

Plus this is the Doctor. He's as loopy as... A loop! XD
xX

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Knew it was the old geezer that does him in. xD

tennant=10
matt=11

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Wow, I didn't realize PC had a Doctor Who FC. Count me in! :D

I just started the series relatively recently, but I've fallen for it. ^^

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Knew it was the old geezer that does him in. xD

tennant=10
matt=11
I actually thought he was going to shoot himself because I thought he was part of the prophecy so he would shoot himself and that's how he would die :O
Obviously I was wrong =/

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
As I remember it, there can be 13 regenerations. Either that or twelve regenerations and thirteen Doctors. I reckon, though, that if DW stays as popular as it is now, they'll find a way to extend it. After all, the Timelords aren't around to enforce that rule any longer...
xX

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I watched The End of Time yesterday with my dad and we thought it was really good. My favorite bit was when Wilfred was telling the Doctor about his time in the war, and he says "we must look like insects to you", and then the Doctor says "I think you look like giants". Aah.

Also, I thought it was sad when the Doctor thought he'd survived because the Time Lords went away, but then he heard the four knocks and he looked so broken.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Theory is 13 versions, as proven ages ago when the Master was dying (4th Doctor). He avoided it by melding with someone, I think... So, yeah, they will find a way to make it survive.

First impression of the new Doctor - I like him. He has a big burden, carrying on from David Tennant, and he seems to be able to do it, from them 20 seconds. Hope he does well!

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
There's a trailer for series 5 on Youtube

Trailer

Geronimo seems to be eleven's catchphrase. Also, the evil angel statues are back!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Christopher Eccleston for the win. Would much prefer a future cameo from him than the more than likely Tennant.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Also, the evil angel statues are back!

I was totally going to watch that trailer until I saw this.
I have literally frozen in fear in my chair at the very thought of it. They cannot bring back the Weeping Angels. Those two disgraced timelords kneeling like that in the last episode was enough to scare me terribly, and then there was that two second clip in DW Confidential...
I actually can't watch Blink again, and I certainly never want to watch a new episode starring those terrifying creatures. I've barely stopped having nightmares since last time! D=

Words cannot describe how terrified I am of them. My hands are shaking now just at the prospect of seeing them again! I mean, Blink was enough to make me scared of the dark again; scared of not being able to see what's nearby and I jump ten feet in the air if the lights suddenly go out, especially if I'm on my own.
I mean, I can feel my heart rate rising and tears beginning to form behind my eyes, I'm that terrified.

What am I going to do? Skip an episode of Doctor Who? I can't do that! But at the same time, I really can't watch more Weeping Angels. I mean, I really. Can't. Ever again.
It sounds stupid, I know. And I've seen the men behind the masks, the behind the scene stuff. I know it's not real... And it's silly to be so terrified by a simple quantum locked alien... But I just can't help it.

I don't even have David Tennant on screen to comfort me anymore... ;_;

When I heard DT was leaving, I had doubts about whether I'd enjoy series 5 as much. When I saw a picture of Eleven, my doubts grew.
Now I know about this...
Well, I definitely know it won't be as enjoyable. ;_;

xX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back