• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] New Tools you Recently Bought

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Have you guys gotten any new art supplies lately? I just picked up a watercolor sketchbook for the first time in FOREVER, along with some primary watercolor brush pens. I don't have the hang of them yet but I'm excited!

So what have you added to your artistic arsenal lately?

Years
Coincidentally, also watercolor sketchbook and brush pens. Ive been watching Kasey Golden on yt lately and I kinda got interested on how they work. This doesnt mean i've used them nono i havent yet rip

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
If art resources count, I got some anatomy and plant drawing reference books earlier this week! Also made a fairly large purchase of tutorials and brushes from ArtStation, so I'm excited to learn from those. In terms of actual art supplies, the last thing I bought was a squirrel hair brush a few weeks ago for watercolour. I decided the benefits was worth the steep price tag.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So this isn't technically traditional art supplies, but I picked up some cheap eye shadows and masking tape that I'm going to try to use to create gradients! I have no clue if it will work or just smudge away but, hey, gotta try anything one amirite? :p Plus I got some hairspray to sorta seal in the colors as I work. If it turns out any good I'll post it! :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Coincidentally a watercolour sketchbook but watercolour pencils instead of brush pens

Back