• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon rom hacks for new players

Years
    • Him
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    hello i want to try pokemon rom hacks for the longest time can you recommend the current popular rom hacks especially the ones with gen 5 or later pokemons

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    a lot of the most popular hacks are a good start, hacks like gaia, unbound, adventure red, shiny gold sigma and even radical red (even though its more diffucult than vanilla hacks) are good for new players

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    I actually recommend Unbound. It has difficulty levels and has replaced having to teach your pokemon HMs. I also really enjoyed Rejuvenation.

If you don't mind having to teach your pokemon HMs still, games like Gaia are supposedly really good.

soulzzii

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Gaia is the closest representation of an official game.

Wasnt Light Platinum also a close representation of an official game? even though its been a while, i remember a lot of people talking about how they though the game was made by game freak themselves lol

Years
    • Seen today
    Wasnt Light Platinum also a close representation of an official game? even though its been a while, i remember a lot of people talking about how they though the game was made by game freak themselves lol

Maybe for the time.

It's very outdated and has some highly questionable design. An example shines through in the first 5 minutes with the first route trainers being punishing for not picking Charmander. Gift Pokemon are overloaded on you at random before the first gym, and the dialogue isn't too well written either.

I respect it for what it was and the influence it created, but I don't think it holds up.

soulzzii

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Maybe for the time.

It's very outdated and has some highly questionable design. An example shines through in the first 5 minutes with the first route trainers being punishing for not picking Charmander. Gift Pokemon are overloaded on you at random before the first gym, and the dialogue isn't too well written either.

I respect it for what it was and the influence it created, but I don't think it holds up.
    Saw some gameplays and you are definely right. kinda wish someone remade it. probably would be a pretty solid hack nowadays if it had feautures like QoL changes, Balacing, Recent gen mons and better writen dialogues lol
    Dunno if the creator ever made any updates to it, i remenber it being on everyone`s top 10 rom hacks lists when it came out lol

Years
  • I consider myself a new player because the last time I had played Pokemon was 15 years ago.

The mod I recommend is "Inclement Emerald", it has all the Pokemon up to gen 7 plus you can easily customize everything about your Pokemon (IVs, abilities, personality, etc).
    It is considered a difficult mod but it's not unfair and I, personally, didn't find it too difficult even though I'm a noob.

Latios

Editor of the Johto Times newsletter
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I heard that Pokemon Crystal Clear was a great game, I still need to look into it.

Years
  • I consider myself a new player because the last time I had played Pokemon was 15 years ago.

The mod I recommend is "Inclement Emerald", it has all the Pokemon up to gen 7 plus you can easily customize everything about your Pokemon (IVs, abilities, personality, etc).
    It is considered a difficult mod but it's not unfair and I, personally, didn't find it too difficult even though I'm a noob.
    Yep agreed. It looks to be pretty great from what I've seen.

Back