• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • This is unoficial you retards, and it's not newb talk, your a newb in our thread so here's how it goes, Vainz asks for a certain kind of pokemon and you tell him which one you think is the best. we aren't doing it your way seeing as how this isn't your thread.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • That list is a joke, Cloyster is better than Shuckle in the wall departement. Togekiss and Espeon are Sp. Sweepers. Umbreon's a wall. You can bend a lot of pokemon into filling a lot of rolles.

Next time you try an "own" everyone on this thread that worked tireslly trying to put together the best TEAM, with MOVESETS, EV'S and NATURES. Put some thought into it, before posting a list with a fraction of possible pokemon. If you want to give your OPINION, we'll (more they) will gladly except you.

This thread needed to be revived anyways.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Mr. City said it perfectly. Paranoia did it, yet he apologized. Don't come on this thread calling us newbs with your "saving grace" list. You're breaking the rules of this thread, and we won't have it. Contribute to the disscusion in a reasonable way, or leave. I've seen you in other threads, and you speak as if you know everything, even if you're the one asking for help.

Years
  • I have found out that tangrowths may not be as good walls as I thought but mine did take out a snorlax and the other day it took out a gallade and a swampert.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    If we are going to suggest Tangrowth Id like to bring back Ludicolo. He is a way better Leecher then Tangrowth. Resistant to common elements such as Water, Steel and Ground. Not weak to Fire and the Elcetric elements. In fact all you have to do is worry about the Flying types as Poison and Bug moves arent so common. (The latter is showing up a bit more in U-Turn.)

For those who think they can just post a list and say owned you really dont see the freakin purpose of this thread. Yeah most of us know the OU Pokemon in the metagame. What we are trying to do is take six of them and make them into a team where they compliment each other and provide optimized versatility. So read most of the thread first before you post something for mere post count.

Years
  • Actually, I've seen a lot of sludge bomb gengars recently and you still have to worry about aerial ace salamences and bugg buzz yanmegas. Plus a blissey pretty much dominates a ludicolo, and I don't know why you guys don't want seismic toss blissey, I could easily hatch the right nature and such for you guys if you can't get ahold of one. I have beaten all of the battle places on pokemon emerald I just don't breed for aromatherapy but yeah, I think you should consider a blissey, tangrowth team. My tangrowth took a critical hit from a swords danced(only one)garchomp. But then it died from a burn. I am just throwing suggestions out for everyone to look at.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Walls:
    Uxie
    Tangrowth
    Probopass
    Dusknoir
    Cresselia
    Rhyperior
    Shuckle
    Regis
    Glaceon
    Claydol

*most common UU walls, well most are UU. I missed some though.

Lol Probopass is a Special Attacker
    I suggest Bastiodon for a wall.

Bastiodon@Enigma Berry
    Nature: Bold/Calm
    EVs: Max HP with split remaining in defenses.

Metal Burst
    Taunt
    Rest
    Toxic

Bastiodon@Enigma Berry
    Nature: Calm/Bold
    EVs: Ditto

Swagger
    Toxic
    Block
    Metal Burst

I'd use first one

Vainz

The Pokemon and Jedi Master
    Years
  • Sorry i havent been posting guys. I have been getting back home from gov school, so now that I am home, I should be able to post more. I would like to start by thanking all of you for defending our thread that way. That person had no right to do what he did, and it looks as if he is gone. It is not going to be easy picking a wall, but I will stand by my choice to not accept legendaries, because i am a true gamer who thinks all legends are uber. If Cresselia was not legendary, she would probably be the next wall on our team, but, she is legendary.

Here are some of the Walls you guys have been talking about:

Tangrowth
    Blissey
    Dusknoir
    Rypherior
    Umbreon
    Bastiodon

There are of course more, but i thhink these are the main choices we have to pick from. We can only have one of these. I pretty sure we all agree to keep Milotic, so i am assuming that we can only have one more. All of these have advantages and disadvantages. We have to think how the pokemon will fit in with the rest of our team. I am going to ask you guys to say which one you want. I am going to stick with my good friend Dusknoir. If we see that all of you want pretty much the same pokemon, then we will choose that one. Make sure to pick the one you want based on how it will help the rest of our team.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
  • I pick Blissey, because, like you said, this isn't the most original team, it's the best one we can think of, and Blissey is the original.I also don't trust anything with low HP, but I think with Blissey, that became a little extreme. I didn't pick Blissey because of the HP, I picked her because of the help she could do to any team.

Years
  • Well I am just throwing the idea out there but since everyone is always using the same blissey I though we should try a new one, this is mine that I just got to try:

Blissey@leftovers
    bold 252 defense 252 hp
    reflect/light screen
    softboiled
    seismic toss/ice beam/thunderbolt
    aromatherapy/calm mind

This one requires more set up but is more durable

Years
  • The only problem is a switch to gallade or something will completely ruin the calm mind set up but it is pretty powerful with a bunch of calm minds and maybe if you had calm mind you wouldn't need light screen so that since you already have exceptional special defense go with reflect and then calm mind so that even a physical pokemon would have trouble taking you down.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Blissey @ Leftovers -- Bold
    156 HP/252 Def/104 SAttk
    Reflect/Softboiled/Thunderbolt
    Reflect/Softboiled/Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind
    Ice Beam

CMBliss is amazing. I'm toying with a modified Psych Up set for other CMers, it can just switch in and go (y halo thar Manaphy). Works best in Ubers, where everything is setting up, but I've used it in OU. Alternatively, you could combine Thunderbolt and Calm Mind into Charge Beam, freeing up a moveslot for Reflect or Aromatherapy.

Blissey @ Leftovers -- Bold
    252 HP/252 Def/6 SAttk
    Softboiled
    Thunder Wave
    Counter
    Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Seismic Toss

Massive HP + low defense. You can't OHKO a Blissey unboosted, and you will die when it Counters.

Oh, I miss the days when Blissey got Curse. That was amazing...

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • I don't care about which wall, but I hate the ones with multiple (and common) 4x weaknesses... those being Bastiodon (Fighting/Ground weakness) and Rhyperior (Water/Grass weakness)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back