• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 898 Randomizer! (Pokemon, Abilities, and Learnsets!)

Years
Pokemon Fire Red 898 Randomizer
Current Update: 1.2 - Make all routes have unique Pokemon. If a route has mainly grass, grass encounters have been changed. If a route has mainly water, surfing encounters have been changed. If a route has grass with less water, I didn't change the water. Same thing other way around. None of the sevii islands or things on them have been changed, and Seafom Islands haven't been changed. You should be able to get Flash easier now too. 1.2.1: Fix gold teeth not being available. 1.2.2: Actually fix flash being unavailable
Introduction
This is an update/remake to an old "hack" I made, Fire Red 807 Randomizer. I didn't do much, just download Leon's base, and make sure you could randomize it, then upload. This hack is different and uses Complete Fire Red Upgrade's new features and its randomizer feature, and Dynamic Pokemon Expansion to allow you to get any of the 898 available Pokemon!
Features
  • All 898, forms, and variants coded into the game, allowing you to get them with the randomizer.
  • Pokemon, Learnset, and Ability randomizer at the start of the game, allowing you to enable / disable any of them.
  • Dynamax in important battles option.
  • Exp Share at start of game option (by default its off, you have to turn it on by using it)
  • Oak gives you National Dex, Dexnav, Mega Ring, Z Ring, and Dynamax Band at the start of the game (Mega Stones, Z Crystals, and Dynamaxing isn't available yet, but useful for a later update.)
  • Battle Engine updated to Generation 8 (changes here)
  • Other changes and additions from Generation 4-8 (changes here)
Visual Changes
  • Black and White summary screen (download)
  • Black and White party select screen (download)
  • Nature-affected stats colouring (asm here)
  • IVs on the summary screen (asm here)
  • Black and White styled bag (download)
Screenshots
nSZ2PRZ.png
fggEuKR.png
v010OXd.png
SbMDoLx.png
jTlh72J.png
e2SvdDU.png
24f4lLh.png
24f4lLh.png
VbKxYpo.png
GmByz7d.png
rYk8bhk.png
RTCdXx9.png
uwRhy9E.png
euecSol.png
bhQN4Ug.png
YM5uAWX.png
PstLg71.png
B339XLM.png
aMxwVeG.png
i1Af2ir.png
GxBPkNd.png
9z9xiMe.png
xFCsxKy.png
a2wMvp5.png
6gdvRsw.png
yKrYSia.png
tJvnMdj.png

Download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zai4icyoj57soaa/Pokemon_Fire_Red_898_Randomizer_v1.2.3.ups/file
You need to patch a vanilla 1636 Fire Red rom. I will not link it here for legal reasons.
I recommend using NUPS to patch, and mGBA to play.
Credits
Complete Fire Red Upgrade and Dynamic Pokemon Expansion are by Skeli789 and ghouslash. Without them it wouldn't be possible! (https://github.com/Skeli789/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade, https://github.com/Skeli789/Dynamic-Pokemon-Expansion)
I used Leon's Rombase to have item graphics and items functional, as well as a lot of other things (overworld expansion, game freak presents patch, etc). Thanks to him! (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409672)
I used Againsts' Black/White Summary screen patch. Thanks to him! (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=399121)
I used (I believe) Kiy/usigusom/()/黒インク's Black/White party select screen patches. Thanks to them, and Lunos for posting them! (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=414022)
I used a Whackahack forum member's (I believe its Neon Skylar) Black/White bag patch, thanks to him/her! (https://www.mediafire.com/file/w6u1yqcciulqaxp/parche_mochila.rar/file)
Version History
1.0 - Release
1.1 - Add Dynamax and Exp Share options at start of game.
1.2 - Make all routes have unique Pokemon. If a route has mainly grass, grass encounters have been changed. If a route has mainly water, surfing encounters have been changed. If a route has grass with less water, I didn't change the water. Same thing other way around. None of the sevii islands or things on them have been changed, and Seafom Islands haven't been changed. You should be able to get Flash easier now too.
1.2.1 - Fix gold teeth not being available
1.2.2 - Actually fix flash being unavailable
I hope you enjoy the randomizer!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
This is awesome, but, and I don't know if this would even be possible with DPE, but is it possible to leave boss/trainer pokemon unchanged?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 18, 2022
Grreat job man! really excited to play this. quick question with the randomizer option:
with universal pokemon randomizer there is a catch em all mode that randomizes the pokemon but all are available.
is this implemented into this romhack?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is it possible to randomize the game in different settings like in the universal pokemon randomizer? I always randomize my games with the similar strength mode so it feels like a legit game rather than fully evolved pokemon roaming at route1.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 23, 2023
Not a big fan that it does Global 1 to 1 mapping I always go Random but if that's not possible area 1 to 1 mapping will probably not be too bad also what's with the saving times? I'm using retroarch's mgba core and it takes as long as D/P's "saving a lot of data" even when I barely did anything.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2022
I have couples of criticism for this ROMhack:

1. Please make the randomized pokemon different to each route, because the current random seed just changed 1 pokemon slot with different pokemon globally e.g. if Ratata changed to Ludicolo then all route that have Ratata will be changed to Ludicolo. I want to have more variation to my encounter.

2. The professor assistant that give you item after checking your caught pokemon only check for regional pokedex so I hardpressed to get even Flash HM. I'd have to cheat it out to get Flash or else It'll be very hard to navigate rock tunnel, so either make it check National dex or like in radical red you automatically get the items.

Personal wish:
1. Can you make able to use HM without teaching it to pokemon? it's just nice QoL to have.
2. Early move relearner. I think move relearner after 7th gym is too far into the game, my suggestion is available once you reach Celadon.
3. Idk if you already implemented this but, Hidden ability changer, either via item or talk to NPC.

That's it all my feedback for this ROMhack, I'd thought I want IV/EV perfecter but this is not rad red lol.
Good Job for the hack and I'll be waiting for the next update.

Cheers.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 20, 2021
Yeah i played this game but im going nuts the pokemon encounter is all the same in any route and how do you caught a kanto pokemon to show dor prof oak assistant.. u need to cheat to get HM and the cheat is not working for this game

Years
bulbasaur99 said:
Is it possible to randomize the game in different settings like in the universal pokemon randomizer? I always randomize my games with the similar strength mode so it feels like a legit game rather than fully evolved pokemon roaming at route1.
Not possible AFAIK.
Sadamitsu said:
I have couples of criticism for this ROMhack:

1. Please make the randomized pokemon different to each route, because the current random seed just changed 1 pokemon slot with different pokemon globally e.g. if Ratata changed to Ludicolo then all route that have Ratata will be changed to Ludicolo. I want to have more variation to my encounter.

2. The professor assistant that give you item after checking your caught pokemon only check for regional pokedex so I hardpressed to get even Flash HM. I'd have to cheat it out to get Flash or else It'll be very hard to navigate rock tunnel, so either make it check National dex or like in radical red you automatically get the items.

Personal wish:
1. Can you make able to use HM without teaching it to pokemon? it's just nice QoL to have.
2. Early move relearner. I think move relearner after 7th gym is too far into the game, my suggestion is available once you reach Celadon.
3. Idk if you already implemented this but, Hidden ability changer, either via item or talk to NPC.

That's it all my feedback for this ROMhack, I'd thought I want IV/EV perfecter but this is not rad red lol.
Good Job for the hack and I'll be waiting for the next update.

Cheers.
1. I have plans on doing that.
2. I'll try to change it
Personal Wishes:
1. No clue how to do that
2. I can do that, I can make it similar to SwSh, having one in each Pokecentre.
3. Dunno how to do that, but ill search around and see if I can find out.

Thanks for the feedback!
BlazingPrimo said:
Yeah i played this game but im going nuts the pokemon encounter is all the same in any route and how do you caught a kanto pokemon to show dor prof oak assistant.. u need to cheat to get HM and the cheat is not working for this game
Like I said to Sadamitsu, ill try to change it.
rayquazamay said:
Could you just play the normal game with all the CRFU features?
Yes!
nathan5555 said:
Grreat job man! really excited to play this. quick question with the randomizer option:
with universal pokemon randomizer there is a catch em all mode that randomizes the pokemon but all are available.
is this implemented into this romhack?
Can't do that due to how CFRU randomizes mons, sorry

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2022
Thanks for the response

Also found some oversight and glitch:
Surging strike only hit once/not multi-hit attack
Fiery wrath only have 40 BP instead of 90
Gold teeth in safari zone have been replaced with mega ring, I've search all safari zone no gold teeth to be found.
NPC in front of door before E4 didn't move after I talked. idk about other's maybe just me?

That's all, glad for you to answer some problem and heard my wish :)
Good luck with the ROMhack 👍

Back