• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 898 Randomizer! (Pokemon, Abilities, and Learnsets!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2023
    this is the only rom i was able to randomize all 898 pokemon with universal randomizer. Good! will we have hisiu ones and so we will have the 905 pokemon in this rom?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Love the diversity, expansion and randomization of gen 4-8 mons. Just what I was looking for.
    However, found several bugs during my short playthrough:
    - Like others mentioned, Palkia is bugged. Question mark sprite and awful stats
    - Darkrai may be bugged as well. Not sure why but terrible mons were faster than my 10+ level Darkrai on most occasions
    - Additionally, Ominous Wind shows the move animation on Darkrai, but the text reads that the opponent pokemon's stats were raised... not sure if it actually did boost them though.
    - The doubles fight in one of the SS Anne rooms soft-locked me. After killing the first round of mons, the 2nd round wouldn't come out and wouldn't let me do anything else. Throwing balls, moves, or switching out did nothing. Had to restart the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2022
    Hello!
    Thanks a LOT for your incredible work! :) Your ROM is AWESOOOOME

But I truly think that there are only 2 big weaknesses in this rom:

1: It has been stated before, but one of the weaknesses of the pokemon games in general, and especially the early generations is that most trainers of the same type have the same pokemons. And how your rom is made replicate the same problem. In lavender town its so depressing: having a pool of almost 900 pokemons and see the very same in the hand of every trainer in the tower.
    I have no idea if its possible in any way, but the best way to make your rom step to the next level is to have that feature: every trainer has truly random pokemons REGARDLESS of the other trainers.

2: Overall, the full randomness and Xp improvements are both good, but they make your rom way too easy.
    -Exp management: This rom is for people who did pokemon over and over for 20+years, maybe a little "hard mode" would be nice, nothing fancy: just the option to reduce the incoming XP by 25% or 50% or even 75% and we are good to go. Especially since the new XP (and the XPshare but its optional) makes every pokemon super strong super quick.

- Boss management: It's indeed fun to have gym leaders and elite 4 use magikarps and pichus... but it does not feel like a gym leader. Maybe, just for gym leaders and elite 4, make them pick in a pool of the best pokemons of their type. Brock could pick his 2 pokemon in a pool full of the top 30 best rock pokemon like Tyranitar, Regirock... still random, but not totally random, more like controlled random. If not, the end of the rom is way too easy and the player does not feel satisfied. And dont forget that by the time the player face Brock, he can easily already have a team full of legendary or other op stuff to destroy him. He has to be "prepared" :p

However overall, once again, you did an INCREDIBLE work mate. I hope the future improvements will make your rom something every pokemon fan needs to play like Radical Red.

Good luck! :)

ItzDatJoeyMagik

ÜN ÜN ÜN goes the regirock
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2022
    how would one get their hands on a dusk stone in this hack? I have a doublade with a decent set, but it keeps almost getting 1shot, so i need to evo it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2022
    Is the lettering system for the Pokemons IVs useful at all without using the asm program? If so what order does the system go in?

S
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E

Is that right or is it in another order?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    The randomization seems to work well in most places, but when it comes to gym leaders their Pokemon are changed but their moves are still the original ones? No matter what Brock's Pokemon are, they only know Geodude and Onix's moves. Is this a known issue, or am I messing something up?

I'm using NUPS and mGBA and everything, as recommended.

Dawn Deer

Hex Maniac
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    I wasn't sure if i should make a entire new thread for this, seemingly as it's mostly all your own work, but i made a hack of your hack!

Download here: link

changes I made:

- replaced the option for randomized movesets and abilities with an option for trainers scaling to your level and for every battle to be double battles if possible
    - added a script as you leave professor oaks lab which if you have recieved your starter, gives you a second starter so you can go straight into double battles from the get-go

I did try to make wild encounters also be double battles but the flag doesn't seem to work when i try it unfortunately :(

Last edited:

Dawn Deer

Hex Maniac
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    I forgot to mention, with a vanilla (if you can call it that?) version of this hack, the professor oak aides seem to be broken? no matter how many pokemon you have they say "ou still have lots to do. Go into every patch of grass you see and look for Pokemon!" and no that's not a typo, im pretty sure it's somehow stealing information from Prof oaks dialogue when doing a dex check?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2023
    I'm loving the hack so far, however even until now flash is still unobtainable, i really hope that gets patched

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    All the trainers in the same area have the same pokemon when i randomize it. is that suppose to happen?

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    I wasn't sure if i should make a entire new thread for this, seemingly as it's mostly all your own work, but i made a hack of your hack!

Download here: link

changes I made:

- replaced the option for randomized movesets and abilities with an option for trainers scaling to your level and for every battle to be double battles if possible
    - added a script as you leave professor oaks lab which if you have recieved your starter, gives you a second starter so you can go straight into double battles from the get-go

I did try to make wild encounters also be double battles but the flag doesn't seem to work when i try it unfortunately :(

can you tell me hwo do i evolve magneton in your rom? Mine its already lv.41 and i tryed leveling it up on power plant too and didn´t work

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    TO my knowledge this game is randomized where a caterpie is turned into a random pokemon, therefore every trainer who had a caterpie will have the same randomized pokemon. So alot of trainers in viridian forest have the same pokemon, however if u were to randomize a game normally each trainer would have completely randomized pokemon no matter to what they had previously, is there a way to do this for this game? it makes the game some what too easy. Also would be nice to let us randomize the field items.

Days
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    1. I got a Phantump and was wondering if I had to trade to evolve it. If you don't have to trade is there a level? Also do you have to trade like normal to evolve Pokémon like kadabra

2. If you could, it'd be nice to make trade evos into level up (don't know if that's possible or not)

3. Could you maybe make all of the evolution stones available? I got a Kirlia but couldn't evolve it into a galade because I couldn't find out how to get a dawn stone

Days
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I wanted to express my gratitude for your patience and understanding. Your respectful and considerate responses create a welcoming environment. If you're experiencing problems with your phone's vibration feature, try performing a soft reset by holding down the power button and volume down button simultaneously for a few seconds. This often helps resolve minor software glitches. Go through this article and get more information about how to Fix phone vibration issue.

Back