• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 898 Randomizer! (Pokemon, Abilities, and Learnsets!)

Years
  • Sadamitsu said:
    Thanks for the response

Also found some oversight and glitch:
    Surging strike only hit once/not multi-hit attack
    Fiery wrath only have 40 BP instead of 90
    Gold teeth in safari zone have been replaced with mega ring, I've search all safari zone no gold teeth to be found.
    NPC in front of door before E4 didn't move after I talked. idk about other's maybe just me?

That's all, glad for you to answer some problem and heard my wish :)
    Good luck with the ROMhack 👍
    Surging Strike hitting one time and Fiery Wrath having 40 bp is a CFRU issue I believe. I'll try and fix it.
    Gold Teeth is safari zone being replaced is an oversight, I forgot the base I used changed some items around.
    I could've sworn I removed the NPC from the e4, but I can check
    Seawheels said:
    Would it be possible to randomize items at some point?
    I've tried and tried and tried to get item randomizing working, no luck. I think it's something that is only achievable with decomp currently.
    Tommy1234 said:
    If i don't randomise can I get Pokémon from latest generation?
    No

Years
  • Shoot, just realized I deleted the original rom which is dumb. I can change the routes to have different encounters, fix the gold teeth, and fix the e4 npc, but fixing surging strikes and fiery wrath looks like a no go.

Years
  • Pushed out an update. Makes every grass encounter unique if there is mainly grass, and surfing encounters unique if there is mainly water. This only applies to routes before the Sevii Islands, and fishing hasn't been changed. Hopefully fixed flash not being available, and gold teeth not being available!

Years
  • nathan5555 said:
    Grreat job man! really excited to play this. quick question with the randomizer option:
    with universal pokemon randomizer there is a catch em all mode that randomizes the pokemon but all are available.
    is this implemented into this romhack?
    I know i've already responded to you, but now, if every Pokemon is randomized and there are no overlaps, it should be possible to get 500+ unique Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    Best rom forever. Btw can yu make the ability such as "as one" or "Chilling Neigh" because they are not yet in the game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2021
    I think that the download link for version 1.2.2 might actually be for your other rom hack Inflammed Red
    As when trying to go downstair, rather than asking for randomizer options, it asks which gen to select from and for perfect Iv mode

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Downloaded the latest patch, but how I cannot trade anymore?
    Everytime I go upstairs the npc says that i "have a pokemon that can't be taken" even thou it's a freshly caught poke.

Other than that i have no problems with the latest patch.

EDIT:
    So I finished the game and it was kinda disappointing (at least in my particular save/game).

Some routes had very little diversity of pokes while the first ones (pallet to pewter) had a respectable amount.
    There were a lot of repeats (e.g. Cinnabar mansion had the same pokes on each and every floor) and please, let's not talk about Sevii.
    And I dunno if it's a "secret feature" or something but after finishing the story, ALL the wild pokes are appearing at level 💯 (my party -Gallade, Giratina, Dialga, Latios and Solgaleo- averages at 52)

Probably the first two were horrible bad luck on my side, but hopefully this can help prevent happening the same on other releases.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I also think there is something wrong with this patch as the randomizer doesn't seem to be working.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2023
    I think there's bugs here. The Dexnav crashes in Mt. Moon (normal floor), and crashes again in the grass just next to Cerulean, think I know why: the Palkia in the grass near Cerulean is pretty much broke. No sprite, seems to have no proper data except the cry and EXP yield, so Dexnav seems to crash trying to load its data like sprites and all.

Worth mentioning because I dunno if anyone has had it happen yet.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • So playing that game again. And boy, everything is alright now. Five stars good.

But, how come Palkia is still a Missingno?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2021
    Yeah.Palkia is still a Missingno
    Pokemon Fire Red 898 Randomizer! (Pokemon, Abilities, and Learnsets!)

Years
  • Dark Ice said:
    I think there's bugs here. The Dexnav crashes in Mt. Moon (normal floor), and crashes again in the grass just next to Cerulean, think I know why: the Palkia in the grass near Cerulean is pretty much broke. No sprite, seems to have no proper data except the cry and EXP yield, so Dexnav seems to crash trying to load its data like sprites and all.

Worth mentioning because I dunno if anyone has had it happen yet.
    Nemesish said:
    So playing that game again. And boy, everything is alright now. Five stars good.

But, how come Palkia is still a Missingno?
    Sobble0327 said:
    Yeah.Palkia is still a Missingno
    That is strange. I cant test since wild Pokemon should be random for everyone, but with the tools I have Palkia have correct sprites, base stats, and everything. It even has correct learnsets. I'll look into a fix but im more focused on my other rom hack.

Years
  • Nevermind, I found a workaround for finding Palkia and it has correct sprites, stats, and everything
    Pokemon Fire Red 898 Randomizer! (Pokemon, Abilities, and Learnsets!)

If you find any other mons with errors like this, dm me on discord with what mon it is and what you were doing, and ill try to fix it. Will be a bit hard since everything works for me. Only thing I can think of is you are patching it wrong
    Greenphx#5428 - my discord

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2022
    Play the game again and finish the E4, I think this pretty solid 👍

the dexnav is a bit buggy, for example; I search for Scizor and it says it have technician ability but when I catch it it has swarm,
    sometimes it also show the pokemon holding an item while it does not
    you also can run through the shaking grass while using dexnav

Back