• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon DiamondDust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    Hope you all finish this hack..i really want to play d/p in GBA format coz i d0nt have a ds..good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Hey someperson!
    Name: Smileman
    Job Wanted: Spriter (or tester if that's not available)
    Proof of Work: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=152267 (This is old stuff)

Name:RZ
    Job Wanted: Pokemon Inserter
    Proof of Work: Send me a you're hack and a sprite. I'll insert that sprite where in the game you want it. Would that be good enough?

@Smileman hey smile xD. I'll add your name to the thread once I spoof it up, just during that period xD.

@Razorshadow can you insert Pokémon into the actual engine? Like, add more slots, or go outside of the ? slots, because 32 or w/e number slots isn't enough. As said in the first post, I plan to NOT replace any exisiting Pokémon, especially for DP Pokémon, as it's my least favorite generation, and has only a handfull of good Pokémon imo.

Hope you all finish this hack..i really want to play d/p in GBA format coz i d0nt have a ds..good luck!
    Hopefully, I will get to that goal of finishing it. xD. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Great improvements you've got there!
    But... the trees looks nerdy to me...
    well, good luck!
    Thanks and don't worry about the trees. I redid them yesterday and they look a lot more accurate in detail to the DS trees now. Example:
    t80v34.png

I put some screenshots on the first post up with the new trees. There still are a lot of DP tiles to be inserted, but it's a start, for now.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Hey whats up man? Well anyway, I was going to say that this hack is going to be awesome, I mean like award winning awesome, if you can keep it going of course. If you can get good scripter you could create the best GBA version of Diamond and Pearl ever.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Hey whats up man? Well anyway, I was going to say that this hack is going to be awesome, I mean like award winning awesome, if you can keep it going of course. If you can get good scripter you could create the best GBA version of Diamond and Pearl ever.
    Thanks for the good feedback! =P.

...and a lot of the scripting I could actually do myself, now that I think, just some finishing touches and complicated events I might need help with.

Edit: wootwoot. 2nd page ftw. haha

Last edited:

Ian758

Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Yeah, well, can't wait for the release, and blah blah :D

Edit** Woot, I support now!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Yeah, well, can't wait for the release, and blah blah :D

Edit** Woot, I support now!
    thanks xD. it's nice to see that banner finally on someone's sig. And hopefully a release will be sometime in the near future.

Ian758

Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    You know, its going to be very hard for you to insert all of Sinnohs Pokemon and be able to keep all of the other Pokemon in, or is that not your plan? Im sorry I guess im not that great at listening to you! xD Im guessing people are avoiding this thread? jk... :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    You know, its going to be very hard for you to insert all of Sinnohs Pokemon and be able to keep all of the other Pokemon in, or is that not your plan? Im sorry I guess im not that great at listening to you! xD Im guessing people are avoiding this thread? jk... :D
    erm.. well, as the first post says, I'm looking for someone who can hack the engine and add ALL the Sinnoh pkmn. I know some people will say with engine hacking you still are limited in how many you can add. There has to be some way to add an unlimited number of new pkmn somehow.... or at least be able to add all the Sinnoh, and keep it compatible with flash carts and other GBA games.
    In the long run, a script will eventually be made to allow trading with other GBA games, as long as you don't have any pkmn that aren't 4th gen in your party.

Ian758

Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Yeah, well maybe their will, you should put a progress bar, so that we know how far you are and when the hack will be released, I mean, I cannot wait for this, its going to be epic!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Dont take this as an offence to you or who ever amde the maps but they look to simpel
    No offense taken. I've got that a lot, but the screenshots are a little outdated and even the current graphics are very early. I'm trying to follow the maps from D/P as exact as I can though, with the tiles I'm using. It'll improve eventually...

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    This looks good, but the overworld's eyes look to close together.
    Yeah, I know the flaws of it, it's just a placeholder for now. Since it's GBA, I'm not even going to keep the OW the size it is currently, but resprite Lucas in GBA size, and make him not look as eh as he does in DP, with his huge hat and all. Dawn's I don't plan to change that much when I resprite, though, as she actually looked pretty decent in DP.

A "Pre-make" actually sounds like a good idea. I'll wish you luck, too.
    Thanks.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • The tiles is good, but I think it should change the tiles of the ruby,
    that they are in the game, I expect modernizations.
    good luck

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    The tiles is good, but I think it should change the tiles of the ruby,
    that they are in the game, I expect modernizations.
    good luck
    The ruby tiles will be changed, they're just placeholders, as stated before. I've just been doing various devamps lately and seeing what looks good, and once I get other DP tiles looking good inserted, I'll insert them on my main rom and post new screenies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back