• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
That's a good question. Based on how I understand it, you can change the Resistance when using Mew Prime's PokePower "Lost Link" (See Off is the name of the card's attack that lets you put Pokemon in the Lost Zone) -- before taking my answer as the final word, I'm going to go ask the rules team if they can provide an answer for this scenario.

Okay, I got an answer for this from PokePop over at PokeGym: Since Mew Prime does not have a resistance in the first place, there is no resistance for the attack to change, which means Mew Prime cannot gain a resistance from the attack. Any Pokemon with a similar ability that did have a resistance, however, would be able to change its resistance since the effect is still technically there, it's just not applicable to Mew Prime.

Years
Ok. So there is this pokemon card that has the move soulscream: put damage counters on all pokemon until every pokemonbhas 10 hp remaining. Does that include every single pokemon in the stage??? Also does it get damaged if the defending pokemon is a druddigon with the rough skin ability?

Years
Ok. So there is this pokemon card that has the move soulscream: put damage counters on all pokemon until every pokemonbhas 10 hp remaining. Does that include every single pokemon in the stage??? Also does it get damaged if the defending pokemon is a druddigon with the rough skin ability?

That attack only affects both Active Pokemon, not every Pokemon in play. And as far as I understand it, it would not be damaged by Rough Skin because Rough Skin's effect is triggered by damage done by an attack, while placing damage counters counts as an effect of an attack instead of damage from an attack.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Hello,

I'm completely new to the PCG (and physical card games altogether). I purchased a X and Y Kalos Starter Set last night.

Here are my questions-

1. Am I right in assuming that there are currently NO booster packs for X and Y?

2. I noticed that my Starter Set comes with a booster from Black and White- Can I build my deck from from ANY boosters available or can I only use X and Y and Black and White to build my deck?

I'm in the process of reading the rules and learning to play so thanks for the help.
Upright is online now Report Post

Years
Hello,

I'm completely new to the PCG (and physical card games altogether). I purchased a X and Y Kalos Starter Set last night.

Here are my questions-

1. Am I right in assuming that there are currently NO booster packs for X and Y?

2. I noticed that my Starter Set comes with a booster from Black and White- Can I build my deck from from ANY boosters available or can I only use X and Y and Black and White to build my deck?

I'm in the process of reading the rules and learning to play so thanks for the help.
Upright is online now Report Post

1. Yes, that is correct. There won't be any until February 5th, 2014.

2. You most certainly can if you're just playing among friends. If you plan on going to official tournaments, however, there's a list of sets that you're restricted to that I've compiled here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309435

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
1. Yes, that is correct. There won't be any until February 5th, 2014.

2. You most certainly can if you're just playing among friends. If you plan on going to official tournaments, however, there's a list of sets that you're restricted to that I've compiled here:

Thanks so much for the help!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'd like to know which cards are the most valuable or the rarest in the world (with pic if possible) ?
Thx :D

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Here's one for 21 thousand!

ebay.com/itm/No-Stage-BLASTOISE-PLUS-Its-SQUARE-CUT-2-102-THE-1-ERROR-IN-THE-POKEMON-WORLD-/380770751234?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item58a7b49302

Years
Here's one for 21 thousand!

ebay.com/itm/No-Stage-BLASTOISE-PLUS-Its-SQUARE-CUT-2-102-THE-1-ERROR-IN-THE-POKEMON-WORLD-/380770751234?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item58a7b49302

That doesn't exactly look legit. Maybe it is since it's not on the most commonly used sheet for self-performed cuts of Base Set sheets, but my reasons to be suspicious of that lot are covered quite well here by the majority opinion in this archive thread over at PokeGym: http://pokegym.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-172356.html

That Blastoise shouldn't be running for anything north of $200 unless it has been proven to be legitimate.

As it stands, this is the most valuable card worldwide that is confirmed to be legitimate: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Illustrator_(CoroCoro_promo)

In English, the most valuable card that is confirmed to be legitimate is the Prerelease Raichu: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Raichu_(Base_Set_14)#Prerelease_Raichu

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
That doesn't exactly look legit.

I bet you're right donavannj. I don't claim to know very much about collecting....as a matter a fact I just bought my first couple of theme packs and boosters over the weekend. So I'm a noob as they come. :D

Years
I bet you're right donavannj. I don't claim to know very much about collecting....as a matter a fact I just bought my first couple of theme packs and boosters over the weekend. So I'm a noob as they come. :D

That's quite alright. I just don't want anyone sinking $21,000 into a single Pokemon card without knowing whether what they're actually getting is even worth that much.

The biggest reason to be wary of those is that they could be "aftermarket" square cuts cut from a cardsheet done by the seller themselves, though there are some legit square cuts out there that managed to slip past the QA at Wizards when they were in control of the American English prints. It's just very hard to distinguish between them.

Personally I'm still trying to collect most of the standard cards. I'm missing vast swaths of over half of the sets in existence.

Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Hi, I checked the rules but I'm not sure. If I put a Fennekin on my bench, then draw another one. Can I put it on my bench? So can I have two copies of the same card in play at the same time?

Years
Hi, I checked the rules but I'm not sure. If I put a Fennekin on my bench, then draw another one. Can I put it on my bench? So can I have two copies of the same card in play at the same time?
You most certainly can have two or more in at the same time. The only time you can't is if the card explicitly states that you cannot or for card types where it is explicitly outlined in the rules, such as with Trainer - Stadium cards and with Ace Spec cards.

Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Thank you. I wasn't sure as I have played Vs in the past and if you had a Wolverine in play and brought out another Wolverine the first one had to be put into discard as you can only have one character of that name in play at a time. I thought that this may be the same with Pokemon. :)

Years
Thank you. I wasn't sure as I have played Vs in the past and if you had a Wolverine in play and brought out another Wolverine the first one had to be put into discard as you can only have one character of that name in play at a time. I thought that this may be the same with Pokemon. :)

Pokemon is nowhere near that restrictive. Pokemon is more like MtG-Lite, being designed to be very similar to MtG back when Wizards of the Coast had a hand in Pokemon's R&D.

Years
This is a (potentially technical) question about the TCG online, hopefully that's okay to ask here.

I bought the Plasma Blast Solar Strike deck a while ago, and while it works fine in player vs player, not all the cards seem to be available in the Trainer Challenge (specifically, Blastoise, one Volcarona, and Pokemon Catcher seem to be missing. Others might be missing as well, it's just that those are pretty important cards in the strategy of the deck, so those are the ones I notice). I know that with the basic red/blue/green decks that are provided for the trainer challenge, you have to "unlock" the cards by winning matches before you can use the deck in it's entirety. But I thought you didn't have to do that with purchased decks? Either way, those cards are not unlocking. Is this purposeful to make things more challenging, or is it a bug that I should be reporting? Or am I just totally missing something?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Do cards from different series (i.e. base, Rocket, gym hero's, neo, neo revelations, etc) feel physically different?

I feel like the earlier cards felt a bit thicker compared to later editions. maybe its just me

Years
does anyone know if the mega charizard be released in the trading card game?

does anyone know if the mega charizard will be released as a card in the tcg?

Last edited:
Back