• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 5 OU] Nefarious Deities

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • Intro
    So, for the past couple weeks I've been working on this team. I didn't plan on posting a RMT, but it's done well, and I'm bored with it, so I figured I'd get some finishing feedback and get it out there for the copy/pasters to use. The team started as a semistall based around Virizion as the main sweeper, but it's changed quite a lot since then thanks to some help from Darchrow and plenty of testing. It's went through plenty of different variations but this one seems to be the most successful. It was never intended to combine Rotom/Scizor with Heatran/Celebi, but with my last replacement of Gastrodon for Rotom-W, it's proved to work pretty well (And Scizor ended up replacing Virizion for some well need priority). But instead of explaining all that here I'll get to the team.

Trait: Flash Fire
    Calm Nature

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Protect
    - Roar

Whether I'm using this in Wi-Fi or DW, it's always a pretty solid lead. In DW, I almost always see Genesect, so I go for the Protect first in case they're running HP Ground (Though they can't OHKO anyways, no need in taking pointless damage when I need SR). If they go for the U-turn I get my rocks up, occasionally they Thunderbolt, in which case I always go for the easy kill to get it out of the game early. Of course, none of the good players ever Tbolt so 99% of the time this guy gets rocks up while Gene U-turns. In Wi-Fi I usually see Ttar leading off the opponents team. I always SR first, sometimes I eat an Earthquake which sucks, but it's so rare that I can't risk Protecting while they get their own rocks up. Either way this guy always gets it's rocks up against the common leads and survives to come back in later sucking up weak attacks and Protecting for it's HP back. Lava Plume works great for spreading around burns to things like Latios that like to come in and force me out. It also gives me a good counter to Forry and Ferrothorn when they want to get all their hazards up. In the last slot I've got Roar. It's probably the least used move of them all, but works wonders when Volcarona is setting up. It generally comes in taking 50%, I bring this in while it Butterfly Dances then Roar it so it can come back in for another healthy 50%. Working alongside Celebi they can effectively take on a large part of the metagame themselves effectively stopping lots of threats, causing switches, and picking up KOs at the same time.

Trait: Drizzle
    Bold Nature

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Encore
    - Protect

My team doesn't benefit much from any of the three main weathers, however rain causes my team the least amount of problems out of them, so it's the one I decided to run on the team. It's also not SR weak, and doesn't cause any of my members 6% damage each turn, so it seems like the logical choice. Coming in Scald gets powered up automatically giving me a reliable STAB with a chance to burn. The burn isn't exactly needed on Politoed's common switch ins, but it still helps plenty. Ferrothorn hates taking the burn, but loves coming in on toed, so it generally gets what it's asking for. Encore isn't as effective as I'd like it to be, but of course being so slow it can't really do too much, however, when it does work, it works so well. Things like CM Reuniclus and Bulk Up Scrafty get their setup ruined completely by this thing, and also provides me a good opportunity to set up with my own Pokemon. Rest alongside the Chesto Berry works extremely well in keep this guy alive. It lives lots of attacks, SE or not, can Encore to turn the opponent into set-up bait, then come in later and rest all the damage off. Protect is to scout, and works pretty well with Encore when the opponent is predicting a switch or something. All in all, this guy is great at staying alive, keeping the weather, and opening sweeps for Gliscor and Celebi.

Trait: Levitate
    Modest Nature

112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

My main check to Gyarados and Mamoswine. This thing really hits hard, and under rain it only gets better. Volt Switch is good for keeping the momentum going, which is awesome because this thing causes so many switches. Basically anything that's powerful enough to threaten both Heatran and Celebi just looks like an idiot against this guy (Mamoswine being the main one). STAB Hydro Pump in the rain off max Sp. Atk is nothing to fool around with, so basically there isn't much that can safely come in without Water Absorb or Storm Drain outside of Ferrothorn, all of which are covered by Volt Switch + Celebi + Heatran (Still gets the 2HKO on Ferrothorn in rain, obv). Will-O-Wisp is nice in helping Heatran and Politoed spread around burns, and keeps things like Tangrowth and Ferrothorn from spreading around too much damage with Power Whip. Pain Split of course lets me stay healthy while all this switching is going on, while dropping the opponent down at the same time. This guy is another crucial member of the team (Though they all are, at this point).

Trait: Poison Heal
    Impish Nature

252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Protect

Oh wow is this guy amazing. Things like Terrakion and non-HP Mienshao and Landorus don't stand a chance while I set up my SD. Breloom also has some trouble breaking through this guy. Any version aside from SD Techniloom loses easily, and can't Spore because of the Toxic Orb. This is also my main Dragonite check. It beats almost all of them bar DD Waterfall variants and Special Variants (Which are either outsped and/or beaten by Celebi). Multiscale can cause problems if I don't have SR up, but Celebi does a good job at keeping Starmie away. This guy is great at breaking stall, and combined with Celebi and Rotom it's pretty untouchable. Protect with Poison Heal keeps this thing alive for quite a long time.

Trait: Natural Cure
    Modest Nature

220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Earth Power
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Celebi comes in on things that can threaten a lot of the rest of the team and sets up on them netting lots of OHKOs at +2. I usually bring this in late game after the opponents main Uturners have been successfully lured and eliminated, then set up while Giga Drain plows it's way through the rest of the team keeping me healed up while I'm at it. This guy also does a great job at luring Dragonite expecting Giga Drain / HP Fire, only to take an HP Ice to the face (Seeing as Dragonite is one of the team's biggest problems, when this happens it's usually gg). I did run the HP Fire / Recover variant, but it lacks coverage, and under the rain HP Fire just isn't very efficient. Earth Power works extremely well under the rain as well, allowing me to survive some STAB fire attacks and grabbing an OHKO with Earth Power in return. Then Celebi easily comes back out later and heals back up with Giga Drain. All in all this guy does an amazing job taking on some of the things the rest of the team can't handle.

Trait: Technician
    Adamant Nature

248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

My hard hitter and priority. Bullet Punch is amazing, and just when the opponent thinks they've pulled off a Dnite sweep, this comes in and finishes it. U-turn is for scouting and hitting hard at the same time, working great alongside Rotom-W's Volt Switch (VoltTurning, I guess). Bullet Punch as said works great as my priority, taking out anything quick that doesn't resist it (and even some things that do). Superpower is great for taking out things like Ferrothorn and Blissey, but also works great against opposing Scizor that want to come in to a Bullet Punch. In the last slot is Pursuit, though the main things it kills generally have Will-O-Wisp / HP Fire (Gengar, Latios, Jellicent, etc) so it doesn't get much use. Either way this guy does his job amazingly well. SR racks up damage while this guy U-turns out of his counters. He's all in all just a great check to some of the main problems this team has.

Biggest Problems
    Dragonite - It pulls off sweeps occasionally if the opponent successfully keeps Stealth Rock off the field. I generally bring in Gliscor, break it's Multiscale (If they removed SR), while it's already at +2/+2. Then it outrages while I Ice Fang again, missing the KO, let it take out Gliscor, then go to Scizor to finish it. Not very efficient though, so yeah, Dnite can be a problem.

Volcarona - If the opponent A: Keeps SR off the field and B: Runs HP Ground on it Volcarona usually gets it's sweep. But of course lately with all the Dragonites they've been running HP Ice, so I haven't had too much of a problem with this.

Importable:
    Spoiler:

Webdemon

Meh! Seems legit
    Years
  • You seem to have your Dragon bases covered from all those ice attacks. Of course if it were me....I'd worry about Ludicolo! (This is my idiom to mean the little people of the Pokemon world.)

Since you have Drizzle up I can use your own weather to my advantage!

That's just to name one counter-counters (Is that even possible.) And it's something to consider. (Mainly because certain Pokemon gain DW abilities that utilize rain to power themselves up and even mask their presence.)

Storm Drain is also something to consider and Dry skin as well. But with not many Pokemon are around with Dry skin it won't be too much of a problem.

Other than that. I think this team have their bases covered.

Ooka

Years
  • Ludi does cause the team problems occasionally, but I generally don't play Politoed until late game (Once I see what the opponent is packing if it's DW), so Scizor takes care of it up until then. The defensive variant always loses though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ooka

Years
  • They can't really do that xD Seeing as Poli resists the same stuff as Rotom-W, I can just bring that in to take Ice / Water hits.

Ooka

Years
  • Alright, so just found out I have a blaring weakness to Balloon SD Lucario, any solutions? :x

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd recommend replacing U-Turn with Bug Bite on Scizor due to Bug Bite being stronger after the Technician boost, that should help with dealing with any Ludicolo that would otherwise give your team a hard time.

Ooka

Years
  • Uturn OHKOs Ludi just as easily as Bug Bite would, but lets me gain some momentum. xP

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Taunt is better than protect on Gliscor or it wont be breaking stall at all. ;X

Also im thinking CB Tyranitar would be better than Toed on this team. Not only does it make Tran not suck all game but it also checks the same stuff, such as CM Reuniclus whilst also putting Dragonite in its place thanks to SS negating multiscale and no one using EQ anymore.

Id also suggest Scarf Landorus over Gliscor to check Volcarona and also provide insurance against Nite. That + Bi provide fighting resists so you dont lose out on much by replacing Glis.

Also slowbi sucks too slow and easy to revenge kill, max SAtk and Speed is best imo.

Ooka

Years
  • Alright, all that actually sounds pretty good, so replacing Celebi with it's Recover / HP Fire set (Since no rain), Tyranitar over toed, and Landorus over Gliscor, we'll see how it plays out.

Back