• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-A new Start. (Pokemon Journey)

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Bahaha, I love it. xD

Man, I need to start writing chapter one! I totally was not expecting you guys to write so quick... it's deff not a bad thing though!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It's like I say: a good old journey roleplay will always get players. Yours is a bit unique, even, with pokémon training being a thing of the past.

I wonder, will we still be encountering other trainers on the roads, or mostly run into wild pokémon and people who are against pokémon training? I don't want you to spoil the story, but I'm wondering :3

And you better write fast, my fingers are itching ;D nah, take your time, game master of ours.

Oh wait, I did accept the OOC thread. Maybe we should ask questions there instead from now on?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=254330

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
XxSweetDreamsxX- I like the idea that Jenna met Professor Cherry. ^-^ You are ACCEPTED. :)

Whoa, I fail ... i forgot to tell you the pokemon you get! Okay so drum roll please *dadadadadada* Your starter pokemon will be
Spoiler:

Hehe, and I'll just go ahead and answer the questions on the OOC thread, gotta give that thread some love. (;

Your journey starts in Pallet Town, a beautiful town nestled in the Vally of Kanto. Small houses are scattered around the grassy retreat. Each house is perfect, with a perfect yard, perfect white picket fence, perfect family... or so it seems.

Pallet Town use to be the home of the once famous Professor Oak. One day Anti Trainers bombarded the lab, completely destroying it in the process. Some say Professor Oak ran away during the chaos... other say Anti Trainers took him.

Nowadays, Anti Trainers populate most of Pallet Town, but there are "secretly" a few normal people. Normal doesn't describe Miss Amelia Cherry though. Hidden underneath her small brick home is her lab. This is were she studies and researches pokemon. She finds it hilarious that her lab is located where the most Anti -Trainers live, and they have no clue about it.

Today is the most stressful day for Professor Cherry... not only does she have to give away her precious Pokemon... she has to do it secretly... and trust the trainers to secretly get out of the lab... secretly. Of coarse the trainers are gonna run into Anti Trainers at some point in their journey, she would just rather it be later on.

Your Mission
Receive your starter Pokemon, Pokedex, and five Pokeballs... remember when you are leaving you must be quick, quiet, and try not to cause a scene that would cause the Anti Trainers to notice you.

Professor Cherry will let you stay in her living room until you are mentally ready to start your journey!

You will not interact will any other role player during this chapter! Have fun! :)

Last edited:
Years
Chapter 1

"Here we are son" said Jack's father nervously as he stared down the straight path that lead to Pallet Town. Am I really ready for this what if something happens Jack sat there silent and motionless Come on this has been my dream since i could drool. Jack opened the car door and slowly put one foot out the car before he took a deep breath and got out the car completely. "Remember don't talk to anyone and be very careful" Jack's father seemed even more nervous than Jack was praying that Jack would change his mind at the last moment. "Bye dad" Jack closed the car door behind him and started walking slowly but surely to the quaint little town.Jack reached all the way to the entrance of the town without vomiting so that was a good sign so far and with a big sigh and closed his eyes he took his first step into the town of Pallet.

"Wait nothing happened" Jack opened his eyes and looked around, he expected a big commotion to ensue when he walked in but nothing A little anticlimactic Jack went into his bag and took out a piece of paper that he had scribbled directions on. Jack started making his way to the location that was written on the paper all the while ensuring that he avoided all the town people.When he finally reached his destination, the relief was obvious on his face and he quickly entered the house and closed the door quickly behind him. "I'm safe!" Jack shouted as he got on his knees and kissed the floor I'm safe i'm safe suddenly jack heard someone clear their throat. Jack looked up nervously "You must be Professor Cherry" Jack tried to say this as intelligently as possible hoping not to make a fool of himself more than he already had. "I am" she replied with a smile on her face and an outstretched hand as she helped Jack off the ground.

"But now it's time to get serious" Professor Cherry said this time with a more serious voice. "Here is what you will need" Professor Cherry handed Jack a pokedex and five pokeballs. "And you'll obviously need a started pokemon" now she was leading Jack to a table with pokeballs lined up. The entire time Jack was silent and watched as Professor Cherry started speaking about all the pokemon available but Jack wasn't listening and was drawn to the pokeball with the lightning bolt at the top. "This one" Jack said cutting into the professors speech "But I had an entire speech planned about all the, anyway" the professor sounded disappointed and began speaking about the dangers but once again Jack wasn't listening and just stared at the pokeball he had in his hand. "So are you up to the challenge?" she asked which garnered a quick response from Jack "Definitely". This response pleased the professor who turned her back and started making another speech so he didn't realize that Jack had already walked out the door.

This time Jack started walking to the exit of Pallet town with his head held high "Hey you!" someone shouted behind Jack and without even looking Jack started to ran straight for the exit faster than ever before. "Oh man, I just wanted to know the time" the man said as he watched Jack hightail it out of town. Wow how brave of me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Chapter one
Ristel Dorff

no regrets

Ristel closed the door behind him as quietly as he possibly could. Phew. Without a single noise. He held his bag close and started to run away from the house where he had been living for the past 5 years. No regrets. No emotion. Yes, there was a lot of emotion swelling up inside him, but he had swore to try and become a tougher person. Not a boy who cries.

Pallet town's perfect yards and lawns flew past him as he ran. It was early in the morning. A postman was walking around and down several streets he only saw three people awake enough to be outdoors. And he didn't stop running.

Not until he reached professor Cherry's house. There, he stopped and panted. The morning sun tickled his neck and made him sweat. It wasn't really a cold day today. He looked back to see no other soul on the whole street this time. Astel wasn't awake yet. Or she'd been sending everyone she knew all over the place to look for him. He had to be quick about this. He had to leave Pallet town... before emotion overtook him and he changed his mind. He rang the doorbell on professor Cherry's house.

After almost a minute, a very drowsy young woman opened. "Yes?" she said.

"I'm here for the pokémon, miss," Ristel said.

Amelia Cherry blinked then her eyes widened and she seemed to wake up properly. "Come inside, boy!" she said and pulled him in, closing the door behind them. "Sorry for being... uh, for not being awake I guess. You can wait in the living room if you want to."

She was wearing a nightgown and hurried into the kitchen. Ristel followed uncertainly, to find that she was making coffee.

"Miss," he said, clearing his throat a little. "I'm in a hurry... I've... I'm not really supposed to be here."

"Oh," Cherry said. "I need the coffee if I'm going to make any sense when I'm talking to you." Waiting for the coffee to finish making, she peered at him. "You should know better than to mention pokémon around these parts of Kanto," she said.

"Yes. I guess. Sorry, miss," he said, looking down at his feet. The shoes were still on, probably messing down Cherry's kitchen floor.

Cherry took a cup of coffee and a long sip from it, before exhaling in a calm way. Then she smiled at him. "Who might you be?"

"I'm Ristel Dorff. I heard about you from a friend who didn't dare to go here himself. But I want to. I mean, I want to help you out. I mean... I want a pokémon, please."

Professor Cherry held her cup of coffee with both hands and eyed the young teenager up and down. "And why do you want a pokémon?"

"I want to be a trainer!" Ristel blurted out. Why hide it? He had heard that Cherry wanted to make children train pokémon again. "Like my father..."

"Your father was a trainer?"

"Well. He wanted to be. But... see... my mother doesn't like it. And she doesn't really know that I went here. So... I want to get out of Pallet town as quickly as I can."

Ristel said it all pretty fast and swallowed hard afterwards. Cherry nodded. "Alright then. Let's get down to business."

He followed her out of the kitchen. The coffee cup was left on the table.

"Wait here," she said and went through a door in the hallway.

Ristel settled down in a sofa in the living room, but felt rather unsettled. He was nervous. Cherry emerged again, carrying a big tray of some kind. On it was... pokéballs. Ristel's eyes widened in awe. There was some other things as well.

"Now, I have prepared some pokémon for you. I think this one will fit you well," she said and handed Ristel a pokéball marked with a sticker with a #1 on it.

Ristel took the ball in his hand. It was pretty heavy. He pressed the button and the ball shrunk to half the size and was suddenly not as heavy anymore. Like magic. "What pokémon is it?"

"Oh, you already know something about different pokémon species?" Cherry asked.

"Yeah... a little. I like to draw them."

"Wonderful! You'll probably have much use of this, though." Cherry handed Ristel a red machine, big as his hand. It could be unfolded and a viewing screen became visible as well as a lot of buttons. "It is a pokédex."

"A pokédex... I've read about those! I didn't know there were any today."

"There weren't. I, uh, made them myself."

"Oh. Do they contain info on pokémon?"

"Well, yes and no. The databases that still exist today have been broken or corrupted or even lost. People don't care anymore and some have even been sabotaging this business. But you should have basic info on every pokémon currently known to mankind. If you catch a pokémon and study it, you can probably enter more info yourself into the 'dex."

"Cool."

"Oh, and there is something else as well. I thought, since we don't know where you'll be able to buy pokéballs nowadays, that I'd better give you some right now. Here you go, 5 empty pokéballs."

Ristel took the mini-balls and put them into the outher compartment of his bag. The numbered pokéball, he put in his pocket. Was he ready now? What time was it? He glanced at the clock on the wall. 7 AM. His mother would be up soon. He'd better go.

"Thank you professor," he said, bowing slightly because he usually did that when he felt really grateful. He gave her a smile as big as he could muster through his nervousness.

"No worries. Well, actually, there might be a lot of worries on your journey... but take my number," she said and scribbled it down on a piece of paper. "Call me whenever you reach a new town so that I know that you live... uh, I mean, well, anyways. Unless you've got a cellphone?"

"No, miss," he said. "I don't know of many who has one. I'll call from towns. Now... I should better go."

Cherry nodded and followed him out into the hallway, still in her nightgown.

"Wait," Ristel said. "You forgot to answer me. What pokémon did you give me?"

Cherry smiled widely. "Vulpix. The fire fox pokémon. Take care of it, she's a really special one."

Ristel nodded, opened the door and faced the sunlight, and started running again. Down the street, as far away from his home as he could. Cherry watched him go and yawned. One down, several more to go. Now, where did she put that coffee cup?

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Chapter 1
Jenna Stone

The trip was a long one. She had crossed many seas, probably an ocean or two. Mrs. Cherry had explained something about a distant land named Kanto, apparently where Pokemon originated. It was there Jenna would recieve her first Pokemon, and she was quite eager about it. Apparently, Professor Cherry was in the Unova Region searching for people with a passion for Pokemon, hoping to get more people interested in the creatures. She was selected to be one of those people. And, hopefully, become a trainer when they reached Kanto.

Each day during their travels, Jenna would ask a new question about the creatures, hoping this would increase her understanding of them. One day she had even asked "Whats the strongest Pokemon?", a question Professor Cherry found no avail to answering. Jenna made a mental note to try and find it out someday.

Her 14 year old mind was brimming with ideas, dreams, imagination, discovery. She looked high at the sky, though she was bound to the ground, for the first time she found Pokemon who had the ability to fly; Pokemon Professor Cherry had named Wingulls. Jenna waved to them as they flew by. Being on a boat wasn't very exciting, so she would often try to entertain herself through doing small, random actions. In this case, waving at birds. In other cases, dash around the boat seeing how fast she could run until she tripped. To control Jenna's behavior, she would ask Jenna politely to stop and she would do so. Afterward, the woman would tell stories to pass the time, to keep Jenna's mind on other things other than the boat. It normally worked.

However, there were moments Jenna kept to herself. Primarily thoughts relating to her family and old friends, human and Pokemon alike. She missed her small home, although she never bothered talking about it to the Professor. Jenna's parents might have been protective, but she still loved them. After all, they raised her into the person she is. 14 long years, she had never felt so lonesome. Her friends had parted from her long before she left- astounded that she had feelings for Pokemon at all, they left, unable to communicate with her anymore without the subject of Pokemon being brought up into their conversations. Of course, the Pokemon loved her, never judged her either. Leaving them would also be a huge loss in Jenna's eyes. Though the little girl held in her feelings, if she was ever alone she would begin to cry. Never once had Cherry noticed.

After a long month, the two had arrived at Kanto. Jenna ran off the boat along with the other passengers, overjoyed they had finally reached their destination. The Professor hurriedly rushed after her, also seeming relieved to be off the boat. Her lab wasn't too far away. However, Professor Cherry was reluctant about walking the distance, as she was sure the girl would be also. She pulled a Poke'ball from her clothing and flung it into the air, a surprise to Jenna who hadn't seen Poke'Balls used for so long. A neon red light sparked from inside the capsule, and shot down the light onto the ground. Out of it revealed a large bird Pokemon, much larger than the Wingull she discovered throughout her previous trip on the ship. It shined a brilliant silver, its body lines with steel, metallic plates. Professor Cherry told her they would get home on this creature, known as Skarmory.

Cherry hoped onto the Skarmory, Jenna grabbing onto her waist and holding on, both excited but hesitant about the small trip. Her hesitation wouldn't last long though, as the Pokemon shot up into the sky as she hopped on. The Professor guided the bird through the sky as they got higher and higher, Jenna's grip also tightening. Finally, they both had reached a comfortable altitude, neither lowering nor daring to stretch their limits. The child bravely looked down every few seconds, still trying to comprehend how high they were flying. The other few seconds she wasted were from looking around in the sky, or at the Pokemon, who was reflecting back sunlight from the sun.

When they landed, the Skarmory was pulled back into Professor Cherry's Poke'Ball. Jenna said a small farewell to the creature before it disappeared. The town was rather small, only a few houses visible in her line of sight. Cherry had explained some things about what had happened, but not enough to fully educate her. Jenna walked with Professor Cherry into her house and down into the hidden lab, trying to contain her excitement. The place was very big, filled with unusual machines and contraptions. However, the instruments Jenna was aware with was the Poke'Balls, two of them lined up on a table. As she looked at them, Cherry directed her to that very same table. The two both walked over, sitting down on some chairs prepared for new arrivals and the Professor herself.

"Alright, Jenna. You can pick your pokemon now." the Professor said, waiting for Jenna to pick.

"How do I know which one is which, though?" the child asked.

"You don't. However, which ever one you pick will automatically be the one for you. I'm sure you'll make the right choice."

Jenna stared at each one, Professor Cherry patiently waiting. How would she know which one was the right Poke'Ball? Jenna reached for the one on the left, but then she began thinking again, drawing her hand back and selecting the one on the right.

"This one, please."

"Excellent choice," the Professor stated, "He is yours now. Go ahead and open it."

The child was now very anxious about her pick. Never the less, her finger pressed against the middle of the capsule and shot out, once again, the blindingly red lights from earlier. They shot down on the ground, and as the light grew, it shattered, revealing a small creature who was once held inside the Ball. It uttered a deep yawn from its mouth, looking up at Jenna.

"This pokemon is a Bagon," explained Professor Cherry, "He will travel with you as your partner. This pokemon is also a dragon type."

Jenna didn't know what to say anymore, but she was very happy. A big grin shot across her face, and she turned back to the Professor.

"T-thank you" she replied.

"You will also need these"

Cherry hands her 5 more Poke'Balls, including an odd machine.

"What are these?" Jenna asked, getting sick of all of the questions.

"Pokeballs, and a device known as a Poke'dex. It records Pokemon information."

Jenna pointed the device at her Bagon, which was standing there, curious of why it had been pulled out of its small home. The machine began to make noises in the voice of a man. "Bagon: Dreaming of one day flying, it practices by leaping off of cliffs every day."

"Cool! Thanks for these, too."

"No no, thank you. Soon enough, your real journey's going to start."

Last edited:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
All three of you had amazing post! I love reading them. :3 Time for my very first evaluation thingy...

JackBlaze-
Jack has obtained Elekid
Jack has received 5 Pokeballs
Jack has received a Pokedex

RHCP-
Ristel has obtained Vulpix
Ristel has received 5 Pokeballs
Ristel has received a Pokedex

XxSweetDreamsxX-
Jenna has obtained Bagon
Jenna has recieved 5 Pokeballs
Jenna has received a Pokedex

-----
Man, you guys are tearing it up! Keep up the great(and fast!) work!! (:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Serenity
Chapter One

Over the years Serenity had lived in Pallet Town, she had lived peacefully in her economic state. Moreover, Serenity has soon found out about the Towns Professor, professor Cherry, and how she is looking for young kids interested in trying to rebuild the "trainer population". While Serenity was starting to get interested on walking her own path, she wanted to also learn more about pokemon, and traveling. The morning was anew, so Serenity prepared her backpack, containing all the supplies she think she needed.

"Serenity, hun," Serenity's mother addressed as she entered the room where Serenity was. "Are you all set to go, dear?"

"Indeed I am, mother," Serenity replied. "My bag is all ready and set. I do humbly thank you for the money you have given me; it will help me during my travels."

"Your welcome. But, remember this sweetie," her mother explained. "Not all things can be bought with money. You do know that, right?"

"Whatever are you talking about?" Serenity asked.

"Its like when I met your father..." her mother started. "Things that cannot be bought with money...love...friendship...compassion...kindness...you'll come to understand."

"Indeed I shall," Serenity said, kissing her mother's cheek. "Well...I am off."

Serenity waved goodbye to her dear mother as she calmly exited her room, then out of her home, shutting the door behind her. The pidgey can be heard flapping their wings as they flew in groups, all towards the north. Serenity happily watched them fly away as she started to walk on the plains of Pallet. Along the way, she passed by a couple of other homes, and waved to a lady watering her lawn.

She came to an impasse where she stumbled upon a brick house. Serenity already realized it was belonging to Professor Cherry, the new professor that came to Pallet. Serenity came up to her door, and decided to ring her door bell.

"Yes...?" a voice answered when Serenity rang.

"I am looking for Professor Cherry," Serenity explained. "I wish to have a starter pokemon for a jour -- "

Before she could finish though, the door suddenly swung open, revealing Professor Cherry, the person who opened it.

"You better come on in," she said. "We'll discuss this inside." Serenity nodded as she went inside, with Professor Cherry closing the door behind her. She then escorted Serenity to the living room couch, on which Serenity quickly sat down. It was then that, Cherry gave a nice, hard look at Serenity. Serenity could only look back at Cherry with most awkwardness.

"...Tell me Professor," Serenity started to say to break the tension. "Do you always treat your guests like this? It is impolite to stare, you know."

"Oh, um...you'll have to excuse me," Cherry said. "I thought...erm, let me be blunt: you don't look like the type who wanted to get a pokemon and to start on a journey. You look like one of those fancy aristocrats."

"...That is only a blunt sterotype," Serenity said in disgust. "Now, I must ask again: I wish to have one of your pokemon to start on a journey."

"And why is that?" Cherry asked.

"My dad has traveled the world," Serenity explained. "I simply do not wish to be dependent anymore. I want to be a pokemon trainer so that I can start living independence; so that I won't have to constantly wait for my father anymore. That's all."

Cherry smiled. "Come with me," she said, escorting Serenity to the basement. At the basement, there were a ton of machinery; ones that blink, ones that show a variety of colors, tall ones, short ones, and so on. It was then that Cherry showed Serenity a single pokeball.

"...What is this?" Serenity asked while she stared at the lone pokeball.

"This..." Cherry explained. "This is your starter pokemon."

"..Come again?" Serenity said in confusion. "I was aware that pokemon were live beings."

"No, no, this is a pokeball," Cherry explained. "The pokemon are inside of it. Here; open it up and see for yourself."

Serenity shrugged as she took the pokeball from the professor, then she pressed the button on the middle of it. The pokeball started to shake, then it opened up. It released a white energy that formed into a shape of a figure. It appeared to be tiny, until the pokemon in question became visable again. The pokemon had a small pink body, with a pair of brown horns. It yawned as it then looked upon Cherry and Serenity.

"Clef...Cleffa?" It cried.

"Aw, it is very cute..." Serenity complemented as she looked at the pokemon.

"That is a Cleffa," Cherry explained. "On nights with many shooting stars, Cleffa can be seen dancing in a ring. They dance through the night and stop only at the break of day, when these Pokémon quench their thirst with the morning dew. Therefore, it is an exceptianlly rare pokemon. Don't underestimate its size -- it can pack quite a whallop when it needs to!"

"Thank you very much for the info," Serenity thanked as she returned Cleffa back into its pokeball. "I shall take good care of it."

"Oh, you might want to take these too," Cherry said, as she then reached for her drawer to take out a rectangular device, and 5 more pokeballs. "The device I just gave to you is a pokedex. If you can, use it to look up other pokemon you might meet along the way. Oh, and the pokeballs are for you to capture wild pokemon."

"How do I capture wild pokemon with these?" Serenity asked.

"If you want to capture wild pokemon, " Cherry started to explain. "You first have to weaken it's strength with your own pokemon. Then, when its strength is low, throw a pokeball at it. The pokeball will started to shake -- and if its stops, you'll succeed! But, just to warn you -- it won't ALWAYS work."

"I see," Serenity grasped. "Thank you." Serenity started to head out the door, when she was stopped again.

"Oh -- and one more thing!" the professor called out, causing Serenity to halt. "Um...this is an odd request: I would advise you to stay low... for the time being."

"And why is that?" Serenity asked.

"Its...kind of a long story," Cherry explained. "But, its for your own safety. Please..."

"Alright, as you wish," Serenity nodded. "Good day, Professor."

It was then that Serenity turned away to face the the exit of the basement, then out of the front door, towards the sunlight.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Awesome Post! I absolutely loved reading it. :) I love how clueless, but polite Serenity is.

Serenity obtained Cleffa
Serenity received 5 Pokeballs
Serenity revcieved a Pokedex

Years
"GOOOooOOOOd morning, Kanto! It's turning out to be a beautiful day, Viridian County! It's currently seven a.m.! Temperatures are starting out in the early sixties and rising slowly, wind speeds are rising at an alarming rate and a very low humidity rate! Keep those cozy clothes handy-" The snooze button was mashed with vigorous, angry force channelled through a sleepy palm that was retracted back under the covers, cutting off the radio announcer's annoyingly chipper voice. Shifting and groaning noises came from the bed, until white sheets were thrown off and the figure previously sleeping hauled itself out, one foot at a time, and one centimetre of distance a second until they found themselves in front of the bathroom mirror. The gaping cabinet mirror revealed a stately row of orange pill containers, cologne bottles and tooth paste. The same hand that killed the announcer's voice reached out for the half-full tube of tooth paste and carefully spread it across their toothbrush, brushing and then cupping water from the sink to wash the toothpaste out.

The open mirror was closed with a bang, and reflecting glass showed the sixteen-year old face of Riku Cloud Sugimori. Bright caramel brown hair, slightly jagged at end. Haunting gold eyes, eyes that were just waking up, still. A placid, peachy-toned face that wasn't fully conscious, body wearing a white cut off shirt that read; PALLET BASKETBALL with black basketball shorts. His room was air conditioned, but Riku couldn't feel the coolness until he exited the shower twenty minutes later, hair soaking and scalp freezing. He had no time to adjust his hair, not today. Today was a big day, and no matter how much vanity his hair demanding of him, he would not let the dead protein atop his head make him late.

Today was a very important day. He combed his hair up with his fingers before pulling on a pair of light grey jeans and stepping into a pair of low top royal blue converse shoes, he always pulled the shoelaces out of the top two holes then tied them loosely so the tongue can stick outside of the legs of his jeans. He put on his white tee with large blue writing on it under signature royal blue. He pushed his earphones into his ears before placing his white and royal blue hat on his head and adjusting it just enough to remain perfect and snatching up his white watch off the counter before calmly walking down the steps. He was never one to run, he liked to enjoy the small things in life. They seemed to be the only thing he could enjoy now a days. His grandfather was still asleep, they had said their goodbyes the night before to avoid waking the elderly man this early. His sister has had her own place in town for a couple years now, closer to the hospital she works at. So there was no one to see him off, no one there for him...as usual.

Before long he made it to the doorsteps of the infamous Cherry laboratory, he raised an eyebrow as he eyed the structure. The more he tilted his head to see the top the further he was unimpressed. It didn't seem like much, just a small home made of bright orange bricks. The only building made like this, most others were painted white with perfect lawns and picket fences. "The Picture Perfect Suburbia Everyone Wishes They Can Live!" Or so the newspapers say. He sighed, the moment of truth was few short steps away. He had no clue if this woman was a true Pokemon researcher and his dreams would become a reality, or she was some nut job luring children to kill them or something. You know, normal psycopath stuff. Sighing deeply, Riku began scaling the one or two steps before reaching the intercom. The little box was stationed beside the door, the keypad consisting of the typical 1-0 combination along with the pound and star key. Near the top of the pad was an oblong green button and without a second thought, Riku pushed it. He thought he heard a buzz go off somewhere inside, but was unsure. So he waited…

And waited…

And waited…

And waited…

No answer came. Just as he thought…it was a hoax. He sighed, and just as he turned to leave the box gave a sudden, short crackle before being replaced by a woman's voice. "Oh, don't leave! I apologize for the wait! What can I do you for?" The dark screen of the monitor alighted with an image of the voice's owner, appearing sympathetic and partially drowsy. Riku raised an eyebrow, this was it? SHE was the genius researcher of his time? A middle-aged woman in a sleeping gown. SHE was Professor Cherry? How professional. Riku fidgeted and pulled out a tattered magazine, obviously very old apparent by the many tears and water stains. On the cover was a large red and white circle, a Pokeball. Less than a second after he flashed her the magazine the door swung open and a blur snatched up Riku so fast, if someone were to pass by they would have thought he teleported. Riku was shocked to say the least when he was instantly grabbed and tossed into an empty living room. He knew it, she just abducts children. He was practically eye level with the woman, give or take a few inches. All she did was smile, "Sorry for that but you know how it is today with Pokemon, and i didn't want anyone to think anything strange was going on." She said.

Riku sighed, "So you snatch a teenage boy up from your porch and throw him inside?" There was silence for a good twenty seconds before she laughed, "Well anywho, I bet you're brimming with excitement?" The boy's stiff posture, arms crossed and lazy eyes were not lost to the woman. Professor Cherry tilted her head slightly and raised a quizzical brow. "Or bored is more like it," she lightheartedly said. Riku managed a sarcastic smirk. Giving a heartfelt chuckle, Professor Cherry led the way to the airy basement. Riku's eyes instinctively locked on and scanned the many objects scattered about the lab. Some were in neat clusters, others much less so. Books and paperwork were about as expected as well as the more general scientific instruments, though few and far between. She turned suddenly after plucking a small object from a cabinet, the size of an orange. It was sparkling almost, a brilliant red top and solid white bottom. Pulling himself together, he inched closer to the woman, "T-This is a pokeball, I've read about them and I've seen pictures...but to see one in person..." Riku awed at the object.

"It's yours." She showed a warm smile and caring voice as she placed the pokeball in his hands. If one were to stare deeply into the red top, they could easily see what Pokemon was resting inside. In this case, Riku spotted a small blue creature with pink lips and a large white belly. Riku raised an eyebrow, and after a few seconds nodded approvingly. "Poliwag, what luck." The professor flashed an approving grin. "That's correct. Care to tell me its type?" Riku hesitated in answering, waiting for some other addition or to spot any indications that it was a trick question. When the professor gave none he hearkened back to his first few years of study. Elemental types were amongst the first and basic things taught by his grandfather. He was expected to memorize and know every last type by the end of the month and their effectiveness against other types by the end of the year. The pokemon he held in his hands was part of the typing pyramid for beginners. Recalling a textbook explanation, he answered, "Poliwag primarily a water type, but once evolved fully into its final stage it has such strong fighting type attributes that it was designated as a dual-type. Both Poliwag and Poliwhirl are singular in their typing."

"Very good," the professor congratulated, giving an appreciative nod as well. "You're probably wondering why I asked such a simple question. After decades of the Anti Trainers reigning in Kanto, the past two generations have completely lost all knowledge of Pokemon. It's good to see it hasn't all been lost, you are the future." She smiled, "Alright, then allow me to present to you your own poké balls and pokédex. The pokédex not only functions as an electronic encyclopedia, but your trainer license as well so make sure you take very good care of it." Professor Cherry straightened herself a bit, generating an air of formality. "It is my honor to wish you best of luck on your journey. I've heard bits and pieces about you from your grandfather Riku. The world beyond Pallet is tough and will be even much tougher now that Anti-Trainers are everywhere. Many mysteries remain out there, some of which have yet to be recorded and explored. Treat your Pokémon well, beyond well in fact, and they in turn they will unwaveringly set their lives on the line for you. Trust and love is the key...don't forget that." That was such a cheesy line, Riku wasn't even paying attention. What was this obnoxious woman blabbering on about anyways?

"Don't forget to stay low right now, you don't want to attract any unwanted attention your way and having them find out you own a Pokemon. Well? What are you waiting for? Don't look so miserable. Adventure is waiting just outside these walls, beyond the borders of Pallet Town! Go wild with exploring!" They were at the door again when Riku was finally able to walk on his own once more. With shaking hands, he managed to stuff the empty pokeballs into his white and black backpack and pocket his new Pokedex. "Thank you for everything Professor, I truly mean it. I'll try to make it." With a nod and another round of farewells, the door was closed and Riku was alone on the steps. The sky had brightened, the sun now peeking just above the horizon and glimmering off of his diamond earrings. Everything in Pallet appeared fresh and golden; a place in its own little world. Readjusting his hat, Riku made his way down the yellow ribbon of dirt that was the road that led to the beginning of his journey.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Charizard_Man- Impressive post. :)

Riku has obtained Poliwag
Riku has received 5 Pokeballs
Riku has received a Pokedex

Since most people have finished Chapter One, here is Chapter Two (:

Chapter 2

The start of something new​

Route 1 is a very simple, straight forward path that reaches Viridian City. This route is a large grassy field, with the exception of a few trees.​

Half way through the route there is an abandoned wooden cabin, if you are up to it you may explore the inside it. But you don't have to...​

Your mission​

If you explore the cabin​

Spoiler:

If you choose not to explore the cabin(its pretty simple and not as exciting in my opinion.) :)​

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

End your post with the pokeball shaking, I will then decide if you catch the pokemon or not.​

You may have up to 2 post and you may do both missions if you really want to!​

There will be no interaction with other rpers in this chapter.​

:)​

Last edited:
Years
Chapter 2

Finally out of Pallet Town and finally with a pokemon Jack approached route one with a lot of optimism and finally no fear, well a little fear, but nothing was holding him back. After being a good distance away from Pallet Town and far enough into route one for no one to see him Jack threw his pokeball into the air releasing Elekid. Elekid looked cool and calm the opposite of Jack, who was jumping up and down and screaming in celebration of his first pokemon. Elekid smiled but looked a bit embarrassed by the way Jack was behaving."My first pokemon" Jack got on one knee and just stared at Elekid, and stared and stared some more until BAM! Elekid punched Jack right in the face. "Sorry for liking my one and only pokemon" Jack got back up and started walking again this time with a pokemon by his side, no with a friend by his side.

Jack thought route was pretty boring there was nothing too really see or do but Elekid was full of energy and pointed out an abandoned wooden cabin. It was obvious that Elekid was adventourous. Jack gave Elekid a little grin knowing that there was no way he was going into that place. "Maybe we could do something else" Elekid jumped onto Jacks head and looked around, for what Jack didn't know what he did know was I'm such a scaredy cat. Suddenly Elekid jumped off Jack's head and pointed towards something else this time a pokemon in the distance. Jack couldn't see the pokemon so well and decided to finally put his pokedex to use pointing it at the pokemon.

Spr_5b_190_m.png
Aipom, the Long Tail Pokémon. Aipom is able to climb and hang from branches using its powerful tail. Aipom live atop tall trees.​

"Looks pretty strong sure you wanna do this?" Elekid hit his chest twice and began running towards Aipom with a white trail following him "Wow Quick Attack" Elekid tackled Aipom to the ground which obviously angered the little monkey pokemon who jumped back up to its feet and began scratching Elekid's face before it jumped off Elekid and began laughing. "Are you really going to let him do that to you" Jack shouted this across to Elekid who was more than upset by the fact that Aipom got the drop on him. "Ok Elekid use Leer!" Elekid looked on Aipom with eyes glowing completely white. Aipom was stuck in its tracks unable to move and looking very vulnerable. Jack was far from an expert trainer but he knew that this would be the perfect time to strike. "Elekid quick attack" There weren't many options in attack so Elekid used what he had to great effect and tackled Aipom again with great force. So exiting.

Elekid might have thought he won the fight so he was more than surprised when Aipom jumped up and began digging into the ground sending dirt into Elekid's face. "Quick Attack" Elekid ran towards Aipom or what he thought was Aipom and ran straight into a tree. Once again Aipom was laughing and Elekid was trying to recover from the hard hit. What now Jack was beginning to panic now and could only watch as Aipom began scratching Elekid again and again."Wait!" an idea popped up in Jack's head "Grab tight Elekid" Elekid wrapped his hands around Aipom and ran towards a tree ramming Aipom into it. Aipom was pinned to the tree it seems like Elekids effect static had kicked in and had Aipom paralyzed. "Listen carfully Elekid straight ahead use Quick Attack" Elekid couldn't see but could listen and followed Jack's instructions perfectly ramming Aipom who was pinned to the tree over and over.

"Ok here goes" Jack threw a pokeball towards Aipom who became engulfed in a red light and transferred into the pokeball. The pokeball fell to the ground and began shaking. All Jack could do now was stop and wait.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Jackblaze- It is a little on the short side, but it had some vivid details that made in enjoyable to read. ^_^ Thank goodness Jack's gears started turning at the last second.

The ball began shifting side to side. It was obvious that this Aipom was not going down without a fight. For what seemed that an enternity, the ball kept moving. Finally, the red sphere made a "click" sound and the ball stopped.

Congratulations! You have just caught your first pokemon!
Jack caught a Level 5 Aipom(Male)

Elekid leveled up to Level 6 and learned Thundershock

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
Chapter 1...

Reggie stepped out into the sunlight of Pallet town from the foster home that he had been enrolled into. As he glanced around, he noticed a group of what seemed like uniformly-dressed people. He heard a bit about them – Anti Trainers. He heard that they claim to release Pokemon for virtuous acts, but he didn't believe them. After growing up in the poverty of Goldenrod City, Reggie had been exposed to more than he ever should have been. Reggie ignored the Anti Trainers as he walked by, disregarding their belittling glances. They stopped talking just to glare him down, as if they were talking about him, specifically.

"They're afraid of me," Reggie said under his breath, reassuring himself out of paranoia.

After a little while, Reggie came around a corner of the the north and east sides of Pallet Town, seeing Professor Cherry's home in sight. He approached the door and, after looking both ways, knocked quickly. Reggie recoiled in pain, gritting his teeth a bit. Looking to his own hands, Reggie noticed that the bandage on his right hand (the hand he knocked on the door with) was torn slightly, revealing horribly blistered knuckles. Before the door was answered, Reggie flustered a bit to retie the bandages. Just as Reggie managed to knot the bandages, a small contraption on the wall by the door buzzed, which Reggie had failed to notice before he knocked.

"What's your purpose for being here?" the female voice said slyly. Reggie lifted a finger, and began to speak (rather loudly).

"I'm here because I want a Pokem--" Reggie began before the door swung open. Professor Cherry (or whom he assumed was her) jumped out and covered Reggie's mouth instantly. Reggie didn't even fight back out of surprise. She let go of him, and motioned for him to keep quiet by shushing. The girl let him inside of a relatively normal house.

"Doesn't seem like a Pokemon Professor's house," Reggie said, looking at the place.

"Have you been living under a rock lately?" the lady shouted.

"Close enough," Reggie answered nonchalantly. "Are you Professor Cherry?"

"Indeed. I know you wanted a Pokemon, but most of my Pokemon were taken. All I have left is one... but it isn't much of a battler," Professor Cherry answered. Reggie looked at her oddly.

"Not much of a battler? What is it, a Magikarp?" Reggie asked sarcastically.

"Look, do you want it or not?" Cherry shot. Reggie gave her an odd look. The Professor motioned for Reggie to follow her. As they made their way through the house, Reggie was beginning to notice that all of the shades on the windows were drawn, and the doors were all electronically locked with a keypad. She showed him a door where she inputted a number into the corresponding keypad. The door opened on its own, revealing a very cluttered laboratory with piles of books here and machine parts there.

"So, um... what Pokemon do I get?" Reggie asked like a little kid. Cherry looked funnily at him, and threw a Pokeball into the air. In a flash of light emerged a little Pokemon with a black, two-legged body and a bundle of leaves sprouting from its head.

"This Pokemon, Oddish, is yours. Like I said, it isn't much of a battler," Cherry explained. Reggie's eyebrow rose as he looked at the little Oddish in disappointment. The Oddish looked back up to Reggie with a blank stare. Reggie lowered himself to the Oddish and put his face to it. Raising his hand, he poked the Oddish lightly. The Oddish's face strained. Suddenly, a wave of pinkish powder was released from its leaves. Reggie stood up slowly.

"What's that watermelony smell?" he asked, looking around inside the puff of pollen.

"That's Oddish's Sweet Scent technique," Cherry replied.

"Sweet Scent? My Pokemon is an air freshener?" Reggie shouted angrily. The Oddish continued to stare at Reggie without expression.

"You know, if you would have actually showed up on time, you might have been able to get a better Pokemon!" Cherry retorted. Reggie sighed, and swiped the Pokeball miserably from Cherry's hand.

"Rrgh... Oddish, return," Reggie mumbled, putting Oddish back into its Pokeball. Turning around, Reggie made his way back to the door.

"Hey, hold on! Don't you want any of your other tools?" Cherry shouted after him.

"Oh, I don't know. I'm sure an air freshener will get me far enough. Unless you have some mints, that might help too!" Reggie said sarcastically.

"Okay, just take these and leave," Cherry mumbled, shoving a Pokedex and five Pokeballs into his hands.

"Whoa, what's this?" Reggie shouted, apparently having an instant change of heart. He started fiddling with his Pokedex.

"That's a Pokedex," Cherry replied, rolling her eyes. "It records data of Pokemon that have been seen and caught."

Reggie looked up to Professor Cherry. Suddenly, it caught on that she was the nicest person he had ever met. No one else would have put up with Reggie's complaining for so long. Most other people would set him off on his own with just the Oddish. After the feeling set in, Reggie realized he was being ungrateful. It hurt him, being so ungrateful, even though he was trying to prove that people didn't need a lot to live happy. Reggie couldn't believe he had acted so rude. He was only like those pompous students at his school. After a few moments of looking at the Pokeball containing Oddish, Reggie looked up to Cherry with watery eyes.

"I'll take care of it," Reggie mumbled, finally realizing he had a Pokemon of his own, "thank you so much." Reggie latched the Pokeball onto his waist. As he walked for the door, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Listen. This isn't something you can take so easily. Are you sure you want to do this? The Anti-Trainers are going to be after you no matter what. And I think there's another gang out there, too. Things are going to be hectic," Cherry asked, feeling Reggie's emotion. Reggie looked down to the Pokeball containing Oddish.

"I'm game to go," Reggie replied bluntly. Cherry showed him out of the lab and into Pallet town. Reggie managed to get out of Pallet Town without many odd glances. It felt good to be free from the restrictions of life. All rules had just gone out the window, figuratively of course. Reggie had always been weighted down by responsibility, and today was the day that the weight was lifted. He walked down Route 1 with Oddish at his side, allowing his new companion to travel the sunny road with him. Route 1 had never seemed so large before.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Chapter 2
Jenna Stone

She waved the Professor goodbye, giving a temporary farewell as she dashed out of the door, her Pokemon partner amazed to be outside in the fresh air again. The little Bagon ran beside Jenna, a small smile across his face. This was it, the moment of their lives. Route 1 was in direct view. As the wind picked up from behind them, the two took their first few steps onto the plain. It was huge. And surprisingly...boring.

"So...what now?" Jenna asked, talking both to herself and her Pokemon.

The little creature shrugged, obviously as clueless as she was. Wasn't their first adventure suppose to be exciting? All the small trainer found ahead of herself was grass. She walked around for a bit looking for Pokemon, finding nothing. Not exactly the time of her life. Jenna's Bagon also began searching. However, both of them ended up glanced at each other in disbelief.

As the young trainer continued looking for a Pokemon, she looked ahead to find a house. The windows were broken, pieces of shattered, sharp glass lining the frame. Beside that, the entire structure seemed wrecked. Even from a distance the house seemed like a pit. The closer Jenna walked towards the house, the worse it became. The wood on the deserted cabin was scratched up, almost rotting. Not only that, but strangely, the door was gone. Very inviting.

She signaled to her Bagon. "Come on, I found something interesting!"

And with that, the little dragon rushed to her trainer. As it did, it glanced up at the shady building, somewhat excited yet hesitant.

"Don't worry, it'll be fun"

( OOC: GTG. I'll work on this later. Thanks~ )

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Chapter two
Ristel Dorff
< theme >

PART 1 - somebody was proud

Ristel didn't stop until he reached the brink of the forest. There he let his feet slow down until he reached a large tree. He leaned against it and panted, looking back. Pallet Town lay there, as cute and perfect as ever. The town was starting to wake up now. And he had left it. A breeze fluttered through his hair as he stood on the hill looking out. He had done it. He felt the pokéball in his pocket. And he had a pokémon.

After catching his breath for a minute, he started walking away from Pallet Town. He knew that a bigger city lay to the north. He and his mother had been there sometimes to shop things that couldn't be bought in Pallet. He knew the way there. They usually went by bike... darn it! Why hadn't he brought his bicycle? Well... he couldn't go back now. And not having a bicycle meant one less thing to think about. It was probably for the best.

He held the pokéball in his hand. It was so special.

"Vulpix," he said.

Something happened. The pokéball started shuddering. Then it sprung open in his hand. He gasped as an energy beam came out and formed into a creature at his feet.

"Vuul!" it said, looking up at him. It was a marvelous little red fox with... six tails. She looked so... beautiful for being such a small creature.

"Vulpix?" Ristel said with a breath.

"Vulpix," the fox responded.

"Extraordinary." He started walking around it, which clearly made Vulpix a bit uneasy.

"I'm sorry!" he said when he noticed that. "It's just that... it's been a long time since I saw a pokémon. Come here."

He bent down and held forth a hand. The Vulpix seemed to raise an eyebrow and didn't really believe him.

"Come on, I want you no harm," Ristel said, smiling warmly. How could anyone ever want to harm such a cute figure?

Vulpix seemed to give up and closed in on the sitting boy. She smelled his hand softly and then looked up into his eyes. He smiled, anxiously. What if she didn't like him? But she finally nuzzled into his hand and said: "Vuuul."

"Oh! You like me! I like you too!" Ristel was almost overwhelmed by this, and quite proud. So far so good. Now, about pokémon training.

"Vulpix, have you ever battled before?"

The pokémon seemed instantly angry and stepped back a little bit. "Oh, so you don't like to battle?"

Vulpix nodded. She understood his words, at least.

"But don't pokémon usually battle in the wild too?" Vulpix looked even angrier. "Well, I understand that... not as they do when humans command them but..."

Something suddenly rustled in a bush. Out from it, a blue pokémon that resembled a lion cub jumped. It didn't seem to spot the boy and the fox on the road. Rather it was chasing a big leaf that tumbled around in the wind. The cub jumped to catch it with his paws and managed to imitade a Take Down attack. When he had captured the big leaf under his claws, he suddenly sent out an electric discharge at it. A very tiny one, but the cub seemed content by his deeds and started to chew on the leaf. Apparently, it didn't taste very good, for he spat it out almost immediately.

Then, he noticed the other two. Ristel and Vulpix had been staring, blinking, at the childish pokémon's endeavors.

Now the lion didn't seem to know what to do at first. But then it got up and growled at Vulpix. He clearly liked to battle.

"Vulpix, it seems like you've gotten your first opponent for free," Ristel said, a bit anxious again but strangely excited. He had heard about pokémon battling from his father. Surely he could do it. If only his pokémon cooperated...

"Vul," the fox said, looking away. She had no intention of following orders, apparently.

But the lion cub stormed forward straight at Vulpix.

"It's going to attack you, watch out!" Ristel said. Vulpix reacted too late and got struck by the Tackle. It angered her, and she retaliated by herself with an Ember.

The embers weren't well aimed, but some struck the lion cub and made it squeal a little. But it didn't beat it down. The cub shot forward again, but this time Vulpix jumped away in time. Then she wiggled her tail in a way that even made Ristel hypnotised in a strange way. Before he or the lion could react again, Vulpix shot embers at the lion.

The lion were obviously scared by the fiery attack, because it suddenly ran back... to Ristel! It hid behind his legs.

"Wait..." Ristel said and looked up to see Vulpix staring angrily at them. "This isn't how it's supposed to work! Vulpix, you're my pokémon, you should take my orders, shouldn't you? And I shouldn't protect a wild pokémon that... that I wanted to battle in the first place!"

Vulpix ignored his talking and blew out another Ember. Both Ristel and the lion had to jump away to dodge them. When professor Cherry said the Vulpix was special, she didn't joke, Ristel found himself thinking. The lion growled back at Vulpix, standing by the boy's side.

Ristel suddenly thought of something. He took forth his pokédex and aimed it at the lion. "Shinx," the voice from the machine said. There wasn't much more info, other than that it was an electric type.

"Shinx," Ristel said and the lion looked up at him, a bit confusedly. "So... you like to battle!"

"Shinx!" Shinx said eagerly.

"Oh boy," Ristel said, looking back at Vulpix a few meters away who was wagging her tail again... Ristel absentmindedly let his pokédex point in her direction. "Tail Whip," the pokédex voice said, and some properties of the attack were stated on screen. "Whoa, that's an actual attack? And those embers... are of course an Ember attack!"

Almost as if to reply, Vulpix shot her embers at them again. "Stop that!" Ristel called out as he and the lion jumped aside and barely avoided the embers that scattered on the ground and burned up instead.

"Vulpix, return!" he said and held up her pokéball. A red lightbeam shot from it... but missed the pokémon! Now, Vulpix was the one to jump aside.

"But why?" Ristel asked her and himself and everything.

"Shinx!" a little voice came from below. Ristel looked down and saw the Shinx look at him determinedly and then nod towards the fox.

"You... what do you mean? Not... you're going to help me fight... Vulpix?"

Shinx growled happily and jumped up and down. Both he and Vulpix then got ready, looking like they would want nothing more than to crash into each other with the strongest tackle they could.

"Oh, boy... a wild pokémon wants to help me capture my own pokémon... how did I get myself into this mess? Is this what pokémon training is like?"

Vulpix used her Tail Whip again. Ristel felt an annoyance grow inside him. How dared she use attacks without him ordering her? Of course it could be useful now and then if she knew attacks on her own accord... but not all the time!

"Shinx, look away!" he said. "Look here!"

Instead of watching Vulpix tail and get fooled again, Shinx looked up at the sandy haired boy beside him. "That's right! Good boy!" Ristel said, and Shinx shone up. Somebody was proud of him!

Vulpix, however, wasn't happy about that. She roared with what little voice she had, and blew out embers at them once again. Ristel prepared himself. "Get ready to dodge, Shinx..." he said. Shinx watched the trainer. The boy seemed to know what he was doing... Shinx wanted to learn. In truth, Ristel had no idea of what he was doing. He followed a strange instinct that came from inside of him.

"Dodge, now!" the boy shouted, and both him and Shinx dove to the left to avoid the embers. Vulpix didn't give up, but took a breath to load up another round. "Run forward!" Ristel said and spurted towards Vulpix. Shinx followed happily. The lion cub thought this was really fun!

Vulpix was really angry and fired again. "Dodge right!" Ristel commanded, and did so. The blazing embers struck his left arm but didn't hurt much. Shinx was unscathed. They were close to Vulpix now, and she seemed to suddenly realize that. She began to turn around to escape.

"Tackle, now!" Ristel shouted and lounged forwards to block Vulpix' path. Shinx roared (a tiny Shinx-roar) and jumped straight into the fox. Vulpix was hit head on and knocked out cold. Shinx landed and stood up still.

Ristel caught his breath. What... "What just happened?" he asked himself. Had he just battled his own pokémon with a wild one?

Shinx jumped up and down in happiness. It apparently loved battling. At least when Ristel told him what to do. What a... different pokémon, Ristel thought. Nothing like Vulpix.

He look at the sad, red pool of fur on the ground. "How can I make you obey me?" he asked it, scratching his head, though the was sure she couldn't hear him right now. He sent her back into her pokéball with a flash of red light. The he looked at Shinx, who looked back up at him expectantly.

"Don't... don't you have a pride who will miss you?" he asked the little lion.

Shinx suddenly seemed to stop smiling and think for a while. Then it shook its head. Ristel was a bit surprised. He wondered if anything had happened... or if Shinx simply didn't want to go back. Could that mean...?

"Do you want to come with me instead? We make a pretty good team, obviously. I mean... we beat... my own pokémon. Hmpf."

Shinx leaned his head a bit and seemed to think about it. Ristel took off his bag and rummaged it for a while before finding one of the empty pokéballs that professor Cherry had given him. He sat down and held it out towards the Shinx. What happened next was up to the pokémon. "If you want to be my pokémon, just touch the ball," Ristel said. He hoped that Shinx would. Together, they might just find out why Vulpix was acting like she was... and change it.

((OOC: Actually it's not up to Shinx, it's up to Pony ;D I went for a different - and more anime-like - style of capturing. Hope that's ok, I will catch pokémon by battling them most of the time later on... :3

Uh.. and I hope Vulpix can still get some exp, lol. Since she battled quite a lot xD /askingformuch))

Last edited:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Red Hawt Chibi Pelippers- I loved that post. <3 That surely deserves some exp points for vulpix.

Funny how you ended up using a wild pokemon to battle your own pokemon. :3 But it was unique and good!

The Shinx stared at the ball for a moment. Soon, what seemed to be a smile appeared on the small blue lion cub. The Shinx gently pressed his head on the pokeball. A red glow swallowed the pokemon and it went inside the ball. Without even shaking, the ball made a "ding" sound.

Ristel caught a level 6 Shinx (Male)
Vulpix leveled up to level 6

Sillouette- Very nice intro! ^-^

Reggie obtained a Level 5 Oddish
Reggie received 5 Pokeballs
Reggie received a Pokedex

Back