• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Colosseum (for GBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Hey guys, I'm Bob. I am working on my first hack ever, its been a little bit of a rough start, but I'm slowly getting the hang of scripting, mapping, and the like. I am looking for an experienced scripter to assist me with a lot of the issues I am having, but if anyone has any advice to a newbie like me, it would be greatly appreciated. So, without further ado, here is my game so far.

Pokemon Colosseum: For GBA
Spoiler:

Currently working on: PYRITE TOWN

Screenshots
SHADOW STARTERS:
Spoiler:

SNAGEM HIDEOUT:
Spoiler:

OUTSKIRT STAND:
Spoiler:

PHENAC CITY:
Spoiler:

ROUTE BETWEEN PHENAC/PYRITE
Spoiler:

PYRITE TOWN:
Spoiler:

Anyone who is interested in helping me with my project can pm me or post here. Thanks for your help everyone!

Current Team:
Lead: BobTheImam
Still looking for: Everything

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
You need a little work on your mapping sir :)
I've saw a lot of tile errors there and it's best to take a scripting tut
on the tutorials section. Well, this is your first hack, so it can be improve.
I don't understand much about your hack, good luck on the rest there ^^

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I've been awaiting the day a Colosseum port to the GBA would finally be made, now hopefully this will be it.

As already said, your mapping could use work to look a lot more natural (If it looks realistic, it's at least decent). If you're having trouble with scripting, shoot it up to the scripting thread or hit me up, it'll be a lot easier than fiddling around for an hour to find out what's wrong. :P

A little more info would be nice, such as progress and credits. All in all, good luck man.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
This hack idea is amazing.
But there are also some things that I want to suggest.

You should resize the screenshots. (You can use an image editing program like Photoshop and Paint.Net)
Work on mapping. (Look in the tutorials section.)
After months get a team that will help you.

I saw lots of tile errors and stuff that you won't see in a good hack but practice..... It will help you make a good hack.

Good luck on this.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
The mapping could use alot of work, and you should make smaller screenshots.

But back to mapping, look at official maps and then try to make a map that matches it's style, but also matches the Colosseum style, but to match Colosseum's style you're most likely going to need custom tiles, there's only so much you can do with default tiles.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I will be repeating the same but I just have to say it... those maps are ugly...
There are too many tile errors that are so disturbing that even I, big Colosseum fan, wouldn't play this hack.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Do you all suggest I add custom tiles? I really don't have a lot of free time, and I was supposed to have friends help me with this, so bear with me on this. I'm willing to put in the work if someone could add a link in how to put in custom tiles. Really, what I need are easy to follow tutorials. I have looked at a lot of resources, such as diego's tutorial for scripting, and some youtube videos for mapping, but the more help I get the better. Thanks for whoever gave me constructive criticism.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Edit: Resized the images and fixed some of the blatant mapping issues in the game. Hopefully its tolerable for all you perfectionist!

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I like the idea as I never played Colosseum but I wanted to.
I agree that your mapping needs some work but I think you get better as you progress with your hack. Keep pushing forward :)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
The plot is somewhat interesting, I think you could go further with it. As for your maps, you need to improve them. If you want to attract people, that's what you need to do. You should look at how good maps are made with this topic: Map rating / review thread just to get an idea of tile placement. If you want to learn how to insert tiles into AdvanceMap, check out my tutorial here: Tile Insertion Into AdvanceMap For Dummies. I recommend doing this to help out your hack if you want it to go bigger. Develop your story a little bit more and bring in plot twists and I think you'll have a fun hack. Good luck.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
I had recently looked at that when people said my maps sucked, didn't realize that was yours. Its great so far, if I have any questions can I give you a shout? Thanks for both the links!

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Well i have seen this kind of hack done before and i have seen that hack fail because of to much work,
Assuming this is your first hack this will be verry hard to pull of, Or to pull it of good.
This hack will be verry time taking (just like mine) so take my advice if you dont have enough time dont do it. Cause you need to make maps, sprites , tile , insert tiles, play coloseum again for the perfect storyline, write the script of the game, script, asm,
This things are mostly basic for a hack but this hack kind of hack makes it harder because you almost cant use anything from the original pokemon firered
Aside from that snagable shadow pokemon are hard as f*ck to make,
I dont want to ruin your hack or ruin your hacking spirit.
But this will be a verry hard job and it will take you a lot of time!

BUT if you take enough time dont rush and want to do things professional you can assemble a small team and I think you can make this hack work.

Best of luck with this hack and I would like to see you finish this!
I will definetly follow this thread!
If you ever need small help or artwork things banners box art etc or even scripting, hit me up via pm!

Bye,

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
I haven't been able to even think about how to implement shadow pokemon. How do you get it so you can catch other peoples pokemon, lord knows. But I think I can do it, may not be as professional as it could be but I'll try my best.

Quick question about the map, what should it even look like? Its impossible to replicate the 3d world of colosseum, so I just did my own take on it. Sure I didn't add new tiles, but honestly what would I even add tile wise if I wanted to add new ones?

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
This is an awesome idea. I always wanted to play a colosseum remake! I can't wait until Beta 1 is released!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
@Varion
I am not making a field map, was planning on just having the player walk through the events in the game. But thanks for that anyways, will certainly use it as a resource.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
@Varion
I am not making a field map, was planning on just having the player walk through the events in the game. But thanks for that anyways, will certainly use it as a resource.

How will you connect the towns together?
Just saying where you want to go will be a bit boring, don't ya think?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Best hacks ever? Sorry to disappoint you, but this is my first hack ever, it may be a good idea, but expectations need to be tempered a little XD .

@Varion: How would you propose having a field map anyways? Right now towns are connected by routes as is standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back