• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Majora's Mask. Hand's down. I want this to happen. Like actual remake though. Filled out with some additional microdungeons. Orchestrated music. A dark Tim Burton-like art style (like it had in the official art for the original game).

Twilight Princess is also screaming for a remake. But all it really needs is to be HD and have clearer textures. Maybe Skywar Sword -like motion controls.

Super Mario 64. I know it already had a remake on the DS. But... honestly playing Mario Kart 8.... I want it to look like that lol Simple as that

On that note, the three Rare collectathon N64 platformers as well. All the official art for those games were these detailed 3D renders that looked for better than the games did and I had my kid brain imagination spinning. I want to actually walk through the fully realized concepts.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
I know a lot of people have different opinions on Let's Plays and whether theyre a good thing or not. I mean if you want to watch somebody play the game for you, then just go out and buy the damn game yourself. I agree with this, for the most part. I would watch someone do a let's play for a more story oriented game, because you expirence the meat of the game anyways, even though you're not playing. Games like The Walkind Dead, Stanley Parable, and Gone Home are perfect for Let's Plays, but in my humble opinion, watching a Let's Play of an FPS is pretty pointless.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I know a lot of people have different opinions on Let's Plays and whether theyre a good thing or not. I mean if you want to watch somebody play the game for you, then just go out and buy the damn game yourself. I agree with this, for the most part. I would watch someone do a let's play for a more story oriented game, because you expirence the meat of the game anyways, even though you're not playing. Games like The Walkind Dead, Stanley Parable, and Gone Home are perfect for Let's Plays, but in my humble opinion, watching a Let's Play of an FPS is pretty pointless.
People do it for the entertainment. Maybe the LPer is interesting or funny, maybe the way they play makes it entertaining to watch (for better or for worse), and maybe they just like watching games. Maybe they don't want to play the game; maybe you just want to experience it from a different perspective. There's even the chance that the game is just entertaining to watch and isn't that great on its own.

I may not be into LPs myself, but I think the point of them is pretty clear. People watch them for the fun of it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I enjoy Let's Plays of certain games. I used to watch a lot of NintendoCapriSun, but I've since stopped watching him as much - could be due to the games he's chosen to play. I enjoy Minecraft LPs and I'm mostly watching Mindcrack members LP games or play together. They're a fun gang of guys (and a gal), so it's entertaining to watch them.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
If you haven't watched Pokecapn's Sonic 06 LP you did something wrong.

Too good, too hilarious.
I'd love to see HD/remakes of Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Diddy Kong Racing. Three of my all time favorite games very deserving of remakes. :D
So everyone can realize how bad it is? Sonic Adventure 1/2 all over again! :D

Also, F-Zero GX. The game is just begging for it. You mention this game and someone will bound to ask for a port.

All it needs is online and HD visuals, and it also should be able to handle 60fps in split screen. The game is gorgeous and masterful already, it doesn't need changes; just a port to keep it relevant.

130519_38849_ibltHlIAFtLH8y.gif

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
That...sounds pretty awesome. A HD version of that and I'll be there. Already looks great...Online sounds like it'd be a blast - I'd personally like to see mods, though vanilla gameplay looks fantastic. o3o

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
I really can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear people not complain about HD remakes. haha. It seems everyone has that complaint now. Personally I see it as an opportunity to replay old classics, or for some people to start a new favorite for the first time

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I really can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear people not complain about HD remakes. haha. It seems everyone has that complaint now. Personally I see it as an opportunity to replay old classics, or for some people to start a new favorite for the first time
Well, I really don't like HD remakes as they are. I half considered excluding it from the question because, for the most part, they're generally wasted opportunities. There are a lot of times where I see things that could do with a complete makeovers or actual additions, and a lot of times companies use them as cash-ins (because they're the cheap, easy, and quick to shell out)

But I've come to realize that they can be done right. Take F-Zero GX for example. That's a beautiful game that could to with an HD remaster. It doesn't really need a remake because...there's not really much to add. Another entry seems more in line than a remake.

Other good examples are the Kingdom Hearts Games, which not only provide the games in HD AND add things, but they give you the games in a value package. Again, these games don't need to be remade, they're good as they are because the games work that way and vary from entry to entry.

And if done in the manner where they make games available at an affordable prices as the collections often do, I'm fine with it. But if I see a game that was made in...say, 2000, I'm going to be pissed. Because ultimately, they will look and feel like games from that era. And that's not a problem if I'm playing the original, but I'd much rather have a remake of Super Mario 64 than a sharper version of it. Not to mention that HD remakes close doors for regular remakes that generally look better because they're retooled for the modern age, and they'll look it. And feel it.

So it varies from game to game and case to case, I'd say. They can be done right, but I don't think there'll ever be an instance where I would take an HD remake over a regular remake. But, conceptually, they are a good idea.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
So everyone can realize how bad it is? Sonic Adventure 1/2 all over again! :D

Them be fightin' words! DK64 was awesome back in the day. I will admit it had flaws, but how daaaare you! THOUGH! I will 100% support Sonic Adventure remakes. THOSE games were fantastic. Poor Dreamcast.

Also...the only HD remakes I have a problem with are remakes that are literally from the last generation. They're doing HD/remakes of The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V and I just feel like...that's ridiculous.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Also...the only HD remakes I have a problem with are remakes that are literally from the last generation. They're doing HD/remakes of The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V and I just feel like...that's ridiculous.
Yeah, but in those cases they're basically just ports. So if you have a PS4 and not a PS3 or an Xbone and not a 360, you can still play them since the systems aren't backwards compatible. Plus GTAV is getting PC release because of it, which is nice.

Though...that is something to note. A lot of times, HD remakes aren't remakes at all. They still have the same flaws the original games did, and it's rare that aesthetically you'll see an HD remake on the level of Halo HD (where they actually redid the games' graphics from scratch). In a lot of cases, HD Port is more accurate. Sometimes you'd get a similar, if not better effect from upscaling on an emulator.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Also, F-Zero GX. The game is just begging for it. You mention this game and someone will bound to ask for a port.

Personally, I'd love that! Huge F-Zero fan here, and to me, it feels just sort of ridiculous for them to drop such a great series like this. Sure, not much people are into it, but I'm sure they would have been if they had ever given it more of an actual chance. Before GX, though, I would live to see a port or remake for X; this'd be a nice way to pick F-Zero back up, if they ever plan to.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hyrule Warriors is making me drool at the idea of an HD Twilight Princess. That game needs the graphics bump, and I can see them removing the loading screens between areas and making it one seamless world. Not to mention that its the best Zelda, and I need a new excuse to replay it. Again.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hyrule Warriors is making me drool at the idea of an HD Twilight Princess. That game needs the graphics bump, and I can see them removing the loading screens between areas and making it one seamless world. Not to mention that its the best Zelda, and I need a new excuse to replay it. Again.

If they were to create an HD remake for that, I hope to see more of a vibrant color scheme, if possible. Dark is great and suits the theme pretty well, but at least they could give us an option to switch around, for those that aren't too fond of it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Yeah, but in those cases they're basically just ports. So if you have a PS4 and not a PS3 or an Xbone and not a 360, you can still play them since the systems aren't backwards compatible. Plus GTAV is getting PC release because of it, which is nice.

Though...that is something to note. A lot of times, HD remakes aren't remakes at all. They still have the same flaws the original games did, and it's rare that aesthetically you'll see an HD remake on the level of Halo HD (where they actually redid the games' graphics from scratch). In a lot of cases, HD Port is more accurate. Sometimes you'd get a similar, if not better effect from upscaling on an emulator.

It makes sense monetarily. The games will sell thousands more instead of being stagnant.

It doesn't make sense to me as a gamer, I guess. To me, it feels cheap and like they're just trying to cash in on it. As long as the trend doesn't continue beyond a select few great titles like GTAV, I won't be upset over it. This sort of crap occurs in the movie industry, such as Avatar being re-released a year or two after it was originally out. Once again, I don't even mind remastering or remakes, but they need to be classics like the Disney animated films or iconic games like Halo. They need to make the value worth it, not just slap a full-price on it and know it's gonna sell anyway.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If they were to create an HD remake for that, I hope to see more of a vibrant color scheme, if possible. Dark is great and suits the theme pretty well, but at least they could give us an option to switch around, for those that aren't too fond of it.
Huh? I have a fair share of issues with the graphics, but vibrant colors are not one of them. The game has a fair share of them. Saturation levels don't need to be changed, it would ruin it for me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Huh? I have a fair share of issues with the graphics, but vibrant colors are not one of them. The game has a fair share of them. Saturation levels don't need to be changed, it would ruin it for me.

That's why I want there to be an option to possibly change between styles, haha. I don't know, for my tastes, I suppose Twilight Princess graphics were just a little too dim.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
No, I get what you're saying. Sometimes the darker colors all blended together (at least on my tv) so things (especially those in the distance) looked like blobs. However, for me it wasn't that huge of a deal so if they made a remake I'd rather them leave it untouched as even the distant blobs contributed nicely to the atmosphere :)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So, apparently tourists love dumping games during the holidays. In the course of two days I have bought for under 20 euros:
Warioware Touched
Trauma Center UTK
Another Code
Kirby Canvas Touch
Picross 3D
Radiata History or whatever the hell its called.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So, apparently tourists love dumping games during the holidays. In the course of two days I have bought for under 20 euros:
Warioware Touched
Trauma Center UTK
Another Code
Kirby Canvas Touch
Picross 3D
Radiata History or whatever the hell its called.
Wow, Radiant Historia for under 20 Euros even with other games? That's an incredible find.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Maybe. Okami was more saturated when it hit the Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back