• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phone calls!

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
  • Is it often called by tax collectors? Do you call often? Do you prefer calling or texting? About how many people have your number? If you call, how long are you calls on average? If you text how many times di you have to empty your inbox if needed? How many texts/calls a month?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yukari

I don't think this name was a good idea, I was going to report this thread.

I don't get called very much, occasionally I get called by friends though.

Years
  • I personally hate being called unless it's urgent and important, otherwise texting will suffice. My message inbox is never really empty because I never delete my conversations with friends. Lately, our household has been called by the same telemarketer number every day, several times a day and it's becoming increasingly annoying...

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I don't get calls often, usually family, friends, doctors, or work related or anyone I give my number to.

When ever I get a call of someone I don't know I wont answer. I won't call back either if the other person on the line don't leave a message. Usually numbers I don't recognize, I'll google them.

I have gotten a few 'robo-calls' apparently from the Caribbean (I looked up the number, according to their area code that's where it originates), I still wonder how they get my number, I'm still assuming they just call random numbers.

Answer the questions on the first post:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    On average, I receive about six to nine phone calls per day. 30% of them are from work, 10% are adverts, and rest are from friends and family. I also send calls, but only on occasion. :p

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I only talk to my girlfriend, parents and close friends. I have a few weird numbers call me, but I send them to voicemail. If it's so important they can leave a message.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I prefer texting. As much as I enjoy posting on forums, when it comes to talking on the phone, or messenger clients, or texting, I can be so anti-social. xD; Texting is what I do most out of three, and I talk on the phone mostly only when it's obligatory. If it's not, and a friend calls, I'll try to end it after a few minutes. I prefer seeing people face-to-face, or it's awkward. ;;;

I did Skype call an online friend through the phone app the other day, though, and that was actually fun for an hour or so.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Skype calling is waaaay better than phone calling by landline or cellphone. You save money that way imo :P

The only reasons I call is for work purposes or when texting is out of reach and there's a sense of urgency.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • I prefer texting, though I have no one to text, lol. I'm awkward with phonecalls because I have less time to think of something to say. Though I'm not that terrible with them, lol. I can handle a phonecall, just I won't ring someone just to say what I could in a text message.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    My phone is not called by tax and bill collectors because I, shockingly I know, pay my taxes and bills regularly and on time! I much prefer to text than talk on the phone, but I'll call people occasionally when I need something immediately. A lot of people have my number but no one really blows up my phone with calls or texts which is nice. I never empty my inbox, haha. I have like 10,000 texts in there probably. I usually rack up about 500-1500 texts a month... it matters. Minutes wise I probably use about 300 a month.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • To answer the how many text or calls a month I have to use my Father's phone to text because mine lost service but it's around 2.5 thousand per month minimum, and for phone calls like maybe 1-4 times a month that are usually less than 1.5 minutes, but for the record of texts when I did have my phone with service I sent around 46 thousand texts and received 45.5 thousand texts in a single month.... Outrageous I know, but it didn't really seem like that much until I was yelled at xP

Back