• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] ♛ Art Battles ♛ : IT'S A NEW YEAR QUEUE WIDE OPEN

Years
ART BATTLES
IT'S TIME TO DUEL

A number of users have been interested in having art battles!
What are those?

An art battle is when one user calls out another user to fight to create art with a medium of choice! If the other user agrees, the challenger picks a theme and the battle becomes set.

Each artist has 2 weeks to create a work of art with the theme, then each image will be posted in a thread to be voted on by the community!

You can now do an ART BRAWL! These are the same, but you have 1 week to finish instead. Voting is done in 3 days.

How it works:
You must call out the user here with the the media of choice. (pixel art, graphics, etc.)
You can now also call out in this thread to find an opponent.
The user called out must respond yes or no here.
If they both agree, the theme is given by the challenger and the battle is put into a queue.
Only 1 battle voting at a time!
You're not allowed outside help/advice while making these.
If you finish sooner than 2 weeks, you can enter voting phase as long as it's open.
If need longer, that's fine, I'll just move you down the queue.

Once both artists finish their work, just PM me with them and I'll set up a thread and poll for the works to be voted on. We'll give it a week of voting while the battle queue moves forward then we will have a winner!

Battle In Progress

NOPE

Looking For...
These people want to battle!

NO ONE wants a battle in: ANYTHING 0/00/00

Battle Queue
These people are ready to battle!

NO ONE

Finished Battles
These people have done battle!

FAIRY vs NINA
NUCLEAR CHICKEN VS SHADOWFLARE
CDB VS KILLER150
CDB VS SHADOWFLARE
SYMPHONY VS GIGGLESWEE TIE
NUCLEAR CHICKEN VS MAGISTRUM
JOHNNY vs CIRCUIT vs ANASTASIA.R
CDB vs NINA

Winners
Click on the crowns for the win threads! ♔ is a tie.

FAIRY
SHADOWFLARE
CDB
SYMPHONY
GIGGLESWEE
MAGISTRUM
ANASTASIA.R
NINA

Last edited:
Years
I'm so interested with this but... I only have a pencil

Then challenge someone to a pencil drawing! As the challenger you get to pick the media that will be used. It wouldn't be fair to try and compare two images that aren't alike and it's ok to try and play to your strengths! If you're too stacked however, the challenger might not accept!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
sIpzGMl.gif

Years
I'd like to duel with someone that does cartoons, either digitally or on paper.

Fakemon as well! Just let me know :)

Yo, I'd be up for a fakemon challenge. I only draw digital myself, if we're going to use the same medium. How about for a theme... a single stage 'mon based on an endangered animal, has to be part Fairy type?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Completely unrelated to Nina & Kirby's on-going battle. but I have a small bit of feedback to the setup of the challenges. I'd suggest making all voting stages have public visibility for who voted for what. It's something we needed to do in the past in the interest of transparency and completely eradicating any chance of malfeasance. I'm sure voting would rarely have any issues but it does no harm to error on the side of caution either.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
So if anyone up for pencil art, just tell me :)

I am more interested on drawing scenery and monsters perhaps??

;)

Years
Completely unrelated to Nina & Kirby's on-going battle. but I have a small bit of feedback to the setup of the challenges. I'd suggest making all voting stages have public visibility for who voted for what. It's something we needed to do in the past in the interest of transparency and completely eradicating any chance of malfeasance. I'm sure voting would rarely have any issues but it does no harm to error on the side of caution either.

I can agree with this. I didn't really account for anyone cheating in something like this, but that's probably a naive thought. I wasn't active when the last art battles were taking place, so any previous running advice, I'm all ears!

Huzzah! I'm excited, here's hoping we can both make something we're proud of! Oh yeah, and feel free to choose an animal with the Critically Endangered or Vulnerable status too, just so we have more variety to work with.
Sounds good! Let's queue it :D

Yay! Congrats, I'll add you to the queue!
It means you can start your challenges right now, and have 2 weeks to do them.
April 18th will be your due date, but if you are both finished before then, feel free to tell me and I can set up the battle thread earlier than that. (as long as the current battle's voting has finished)

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Looking forward to the next battle! I'd have loved to participate, but I don't think I'm ready yet. If there's anyone with the artistic capabilities of a rock, we can battle it out after this one finishes. In general, my drawings could scare away small children :D

Great job to both Kirby and Nina for their previous battle!

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Looking forward to the next battle! I'd have loved to participate, but I don't think I'm ready yet. If there's anyone with the artistic capabilities of a rock, we can battle it out after this one finishes. In general, my drawings could scare away small children :D

Great job to both Kirby and Nina for their previous battle!

Heck, I'd be up for it - depends on what you have in mind.

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Huh. Yeah, sure, I'd be up for a pixel battle. What do you have in mind for that?

Back