• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cosmos

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
  • There is now a Stardust counter in the top right corner of the screen shown at all times.
    Comzoz.png

Stardust replaces money.

And:
    unknown.png

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • unknown.png

I have a bug, but I'll fix this later. Well, I hope I can. It looks fixable.

When you begin the game,
    You find flower petals leading to a single flower on the moon.
    Cosmog is next to the flower. After meeting each other, Cosmog is interested in Stardust and asks you to collect 10 Stardust. Cosmog decides to play with the Stardust and then, something happens. :0

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Hey, sorry about being dead for so long.
    I finally got the text to stop being broken. I thought it was because of the mugshots, but it was actually because of the box in the corner showing your Stardust.
    When I get rid of it, the text is normal again.
    But now I have a new problem. Look on the left side of the text box. There's a bunch of colors there. I don't know how to fix this. Maybe I could just leave it like this and nobody will notice?
    Cosmos_12_-_Panda.png
    Cosmos_12_-_Panda.png
    Cosmos_12_-_Panda.png

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • This looks incredible. One of the most promising progressing rom hacks I've seen in a long time. I would actually play this lol

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Hey, sorry about being dead for so long.
    I finally got the text to stop being broken. I thought it was because of the mugshots, but it was actually because of the box in the corner showing your Stardust.
    When I get rid of it, the text is normal again.
    But now I have a new problem. Look on the left side of the text box. There's a bunch of colors there. I don't know how to fix this. Maybe I could just leave it like this and nobody will notice?
    Cosmos_12_-_Panda.png
    Cosmos_12_-_Panda.png
    Cosmos_12_-_Panda.png

I love the starry sky with the earth, it looks really nice, but the dark blue text on a black background is pretty hard to read. The blue in your earlier screenshots worked really well so maybe go back to that one?

As for the random colours on the textbox, you probably overwrote that part with something else. To make it look good again without screwing up what ever you accidentally inserted there you will need to repoint the graphics. Open your ROM in NSE 2.X and navigate to the textbox in the bookmarks. Go to 'File > Insert > Image data' and then select a new offset. Copy the offset, insert the image, navigate to that offset and then erase the random colours in your newly inserted textbox. Finally, open your ROM in a hex editor and change the pointers at 0x14FD68 and 0x14FEE8 to the location you copied down earlier. As always, do a backup beforehand because I don't want to blamed for you starting over for a second time :x

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Hi, I have another Cosmos update.
    unknown.png

Maps will now contain warps to giant versions of areas on that map. They'll usually have puzzles inside.
    Puzelle.png

But Wobb, how do I know where they are?:
    The entrance will be a grass tile with a different pattern. In the screenshot, you can't see it because Clefairy is standing on it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2018
    It looks really neat, a fresh and exciting story of space phantasy, whimsical graphics, new game mechanics all in all a quite original.

I'll be monitoring this thread. :p

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Hey, sorry about not posting for so long. I've forgotten all about this thread lol.
    I've been working on a new area of the moon, which is a Clefairy village.
    c1.PNG
    Cosmos_12_-_Cleffa.png

Right now, all the Clefairy look the same, but, you know how Paper Mario had tons of different looking Toads? Do you think I should do something like that in Pokemon towns so that all the Pokemon don't look the same?
    Like, for the Clefairy, they might have different hairstyles or be wearing different things on their head.

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen today
    It looks awesome. I get more hyped with each update they all look incredible. Amazing work

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • omg I'm so sorry for not posting here, I forgot.
    Have some updates.

New tiles! Everything was drawn by me.
    Spoiler:

There are now name boxes that show which character is talking. The name boxes are just Overworld Sprites that are placed above the text box. The looking down frame is for Cosmog, and the looking up frame is for Clefairy.
    Spoiler:

Choices. There are no more choice boxes. Instead, when you are able to make a choice, the text will be highlighted in blue. Continuing the text box with A will make you respond positively. Pressing B will have you respond negatively. If you press both A and B at the same time, you will ask a question. (Sometimes you won't be able to ask about it though)
    This was done with JPAN's Key Specials. I used his Special 0x2B for this.
    Spoiler:

I'm also sorry that you can't download the game yet. But.. You will be able to! One day..!
    I hope.

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • it looks good, thanks for the update. In my opinion this Rom hack is good because it's the first one i've seen that is based in the moon and i love roms were you experience the story as a pokemon. please do not give up on this rom hack cause it is looking very good and well made. i will be sure to play the first available beta or release.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
    Years
  • Looks soooooo good already! I will keep an eye out for this hack. I am making one hack too( but i actually suck.)

Hope you complete it soon! And make it one of the best!
    Btw how do you make new tiles?

Last edited:
    Back