• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [M][OOC]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

u9FsAf5.png

History and story

"A wolf in sheep clothes."

Around the year 700 A.D, the first Youkai started surfacing the earth in the disguise of regular humans for the sake of preying on them. Where they came from was unknown as to why they seemed to be appearing out of nowhere. It wasn't until 800 that humanity decided to fight back and the first war between Youkai vs. Humanity became reality. This war came to an end in the year 827 and despite it's number was called "The Quarter War."

After the Quarter war, humanity and Youkai were celebrated as equals under the guidance of saint Yshera, a woman born from the love between a Vampire man and human lady. Together they made both human and Youkai society thrive but this coexisting bond appeared to be merely thin as another war happened in 1260. In this war humanity proved to be clever creatures as they used the knowledge about their weaknesses against them and Youkai were forced to go back to where they came from. Under the guidance of saint Lysia, a woman born from a snowwoman mother and a human father, they evacuated to the realm of Youkai after it was clear that humanity did not wish to negotiate. Lysia lost her life during this evacuation and left behind a daughter that was never heard of again. Many humans and Youkai, including Lysia, lost their lives during this war and for this reason, the war received it's name "The Blood Moon War."

Humans and Youkai never learned to coexist again and due time, humans started to forget Youkai existed all together. Some say that this was the work of Youkai with the ability to alter memories. Other's say that humans have a feeble memory. Whatever the reason was that they had forgotten their bloody past, it wasn't one easily forgotten by the Youkai. Especially the species that were able to become old enough to still breath in present day.

Today it's the year 2020. It has been 760 years since the last war and human society is at it's peak once again. What they didn't know was that Youkai had started living among them once again, some were criminals that were never able to forgive the humans for their bloody past and became serial killers, others were presidents of prestigious companies or even prime-ministers of their respective countries. Some humans knew of the existence of Youkai and were maybe even married to one while others stayed in the dark like most of human society. Humans that knew about Youkai often wrote books and stories about them.

... But something that was certain was Youkai wishing for another war.​

Student Briefing

"Dear student,

After going through careful selection, we hereby declare your acceptance to our prestigious academy for Youkai. Congratulations!

Your first term will start in just a few weeks. To ensure you are thoroughly informed with all the necessary information, you are send this letter with information according to your student profile.

You are accepted into Class 1-A, your homeroom teacher will be Ryuu von Alter who will also be your history class teacher. His experience made him a perfect candidate for his position and we do hope you will respect him as such. He will guide you through your academics year and will be available for all your remaining questions after you've read the content of this letter.

Your other teachers will be:
  • Divine von Alter - Sports class teacher
  • Marnix Trevorix - Economics and Society class teacher
  • Selena Nekonishi - Human language Teacher

Every student will receive will receive a key to their student dorm room on the day of their arrival. There is one dorm building that you can find next to the Academy building. The dorm building is shared between male and female genders, this is to ensure that Youkai who prefer to not specify a gender are guaranteed to have a safe space as well and won't have to choose between genders.

Keep in mind that you will learn to fight and to defend yourself during your academics year. You are in no circumstance allowed to use the techniques you learn at this academy against your fellow students or in the human world unless stated otherwise by your homeroom teacher.

Lastly, Professor von Alter has requested that every student from his class fills in the following form so he has an opportunity before the start of the Academics year to get to know you better.​

Full name:
Age: (keep in mind that you are a student but also keep the lore of your specie in mind. Students should be around 16-20)
Gender: (You do not have to specify if that is what you prefer)
Species: (please refer to the species.)

Appearance: (You are allowed to describe yourself, but you are also allowed to send us a picture)

Personality: (be detailed)

History: (Keep it brief but please do include why you joined the academy. Because of the plot I can't reveal too much but you could've joined with any reason possible with limitations! Want to take revenge on humans by learning about their society? Possible! Want to learn how to survive in the Youkai realm? Also Possible! Did you join for no particular reason and were bored? Be my guest!)

Weakness: (Professor Ryuu would like to know to be able to help you overcome this weakness)

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below:

Academy Rules

• Warning: This is not your typical Academy RP. You will follow a story line instead of doing a sandbox RP.
  • As bloody fights will most likely happen, this RP is M rated. Embrace it but do not abuse it.
  • Godmodding and bunnying or not allowed.
  • Youkai restrictions are there for a reason. If someone else already chose a specie, choose something else.
  • If you have a different specie in mind that does not yet exist in this RP, PM the GM.
  • Communication is essential. Do not join if you're going to disappear regularly.
  • Discord link: https://discord.gg/H73UFdb

Youkai list

• Neko (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Vampire (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Werewolf (0/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Mermaid (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Succubus/incubus (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Yuki Onna (Snowwoman/man) (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Fairy (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Yasha (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Youko (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Lamia (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Mage/Witch (2/2)
    Spoiler:
  • Oni (1/1)
    Spoiler:
  • Kraken
    Spoiler:
  • Human
    Spoiler:
  • Dragon
    Spoiler:
Student list

Dorm room assignment:

• Dormroom 1: Olivia and Lena
  • Dormroom 2: Laguna and Kyosei
  • Dormroom 3: Harold and Hael
  • Dormroom 4: Karma and Rin
  • Dormroom 5: Viviana and Kenta
  • Dormroom 6: Rei and NPC
  • Dormroom 7: Tenma and NPC

Last edited:

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Years
Full name: Kitumise Himamaro
Species: Youko

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Kitumise is a coward; he will run away from anything dangerous, and he is also very timid and doesn't like meeting new people. He will feel threatened if you try to touch him or even just wave at him; sometimes, he will run away in the cave where he was born in. The only one Kitumise trusts is one friendly Kappa whos name is Kapan anyone else he will try to avoid; even if he is scared of everything vampires scare him the most if he ever interacts with one, he will most likely try to get Kapan to make him feel protected. He really likes Kapan and rice. He dislikes other youkai and hates vampires, and on his Freetime, he usually hangs out with Kapan or goes back to his cave.

History: Kitumise was born inside a cave in the grand canyon Kitumise never got to know who his parents were and never met them because after Kitumise was born he had not woken up yet, and for reasons his parent had to leave; he lived in the cave for most of his life, but he had a friendly kappa taught him to survive the Kappa lived with him for almost his entire life, but after an incident where he almost got killed by other youkai he has been scared of everything that could oppose a threat to him the way; his first tail was given when he was born his second, third, and fourth tail after fending himself against vampires. These vampires were trying to kill him after Kitumise accidentally shot a fireball at three vampires those vampires thought Kitumise was opposing a threat to them, so they attacked him, but with one tail there was no way he could survive, but Kappa came in and defended Kitumise surprisingly the Kappa was able to withstand the vampires attacks and get them weak enough for Kitumise to take them out, and he did, but for some reason he grew three more tails, but this was also the reason he is scared of everything now.

Weakness: His lack of cowardice is affecting him majorly if not resolved; he won't be able to grow any more tails.

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below: He has no allergies and also has nothing other.

I hope I did this right. I can expand this if you want me too, and I think you made an error in the Yasha spoiler because it says Youko can use coins to summon other "Youkai" creatures.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Full name: Kitumise Himamaro
Species: Youko

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Kitumise is a coward; he will run away from anything dangerous, and he is also very timid and doesn't like meeting new people. He will feel threatened if you try to touch him or even just wave at him sometimes.

History: Kitumise was born inside a cave in the human world when Kitumise never got to know who his parents were and never met them; he lived alone for all of his life, so he needed to learn how to fight on his own, but after an incident where he almost got killed by another youkai he has been scared of everything that could oppose a threat to him his first tail was given when he was born his second, third, and fourth tail after fending himself against vampires.

Weakness: His lack of cowardice is affecting him majorly if not resolved; he won't be able to grow any more tails.

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below: He has no allergies and also has nothing other.

I hope I did this right. I can expand this if you want me too, and I think you made an error in the Yasha spoiler because it says Youko can use coins to summon other "Youkai" creatures.

Thanks for pointing out. I was making the Yasha and Youko lore at the same time so I messed the names up a little. It's fixed now. My div code also seems to be working again.

About your SU... You kept your history brief, which is great because I prefer characters in this RP to find out about each other's past through communication. However, your history tells almost nothing except for a few events that happened. Could you describe a little bit more where this cave was located for example? Why was he attacked by Vampires? Did his parents just leave him when he was born? Try to write in a little more detail. If you prefer to keep your history mostly to yourself, you can PM it to me for a checkup. I should also mention that a newborn or a kid most likely wouldn't survive all on his own. Did he have no one to teach him the ways of survival?

Your personality section is also short and lacking in detail. It would be great if you could edit it to show a little more of your character and how he acts in certain situations. Does he have any hobbies for example, things he likes and dislikes? Any other personality traits?

Change the Personality and History section and you're good to go.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
I'm interested! This roleplay reminds me of a certain series of games... that I can see we both like ^^ jk I've only played berseria and nothing else
I'd like to participate as a Yuki Onna, if that's possible. I've started to work on a sign-up, which I'll post here once it's, well, presentable.

Sapphire Rose

Years
I'm interested! This roleplay reminds me of a certain series of games... that I can see we both like ^^ jk I've only played berseria and nothing else
I'd like to participate as a Yuki Onna, if that's possible. I've started to work on a sign-up, which I'll post here once it's, well, presentable.

I'll reserve you a spot! :)

A tales fan is a Tales fan, no matter how many games you played <3 just glad you like it as well!

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Ooo.. it's actually an interesting RP. I like the concept, i'll be writing my SU. I'll be reserving Mage if it's possible

Edit : How old is a student supposed to be at the academy?

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Ooo.. it's actually an interesting RP. I like the concept, i'll be writing my SU. I'll be reserving Mage if it's possible

Edit : How old is a student supposed to be at the academy?

I'll reserve you! And depending on your specie, they should be around 16-20. Fairies could be 340 for example and still be a teen. although they would be considered old around 800. Same with the other species that can get older than the human life span. Mages have a human life span

Years
Full name: Laguna Beach
Species: Mermaid

Appearance: Youkai Form:
Spoiler:

Human Form:
Spoiler:

In her human form, Laguna is 5' tall with an athlete's lean build. Her pale blue hair resembles the scales of her true form, though she wears it in a long ponytail when out of the water. Oddly, her teeth are sharp and predatory in all forms. For clothes, she prefers to keep it light, generally wearing a tank top over a fishnet shirt with long sleeves. She despises pants, instead opting for a skirt, and goes barefoot when she can, wearing flipflops when she can't.

Personality: Laguna is one of the most friendly, energetic, and silly girls you could meet. She likes to experience new things: meet new people, eat new foods, hear new stories. When she arrives in a new place, she likes to hear local rumors and spread gossip, and in general loves a good conversation. She likes to have fun and loves cute things, although she's none too bright. She tends to lose focus and needs to be reminded to stay on task or else she'll be completely lost. She's surprisingly strong for her size, and has literally dragged people from one attraction to another while caught up in the excitement.

The world is in need of new ideas and bold action, and Laguna has deep respect and a little envy for creative types. In her opinion, she can't sing, has trouble following basic recipes, and her water magic is basic and only good for party tricks. She doesn't like to focus on the negative, and instead chooses to point out how good others are. Despite her habit of diverting the attention away from herself, she has trouble keeping her thoughts and feelings hidden. While rambling, she tends to say more than she should, and often doesn't realize when she lets something slip.

Having spent most of her life underwater, Laguna enjoys anything aquatic, from hot tubs to swimming pools, and is oddly fascinated by seemingly mundane things such as books and stairs. She knows she's weird, but doesn't let that bother her. What does bother her is when people put themselves down or give up. She doesn't mind when her own shortcomings are mentioned, as she's happy to hear constructive criticism or even a good joke at her expense, and she'll be quick to try and cheer up anyone having a hard time. She also doesn't like people messing with her hair, but that just leads to momentary grumpiness rather than anger or anything severe.

History: Born in the Youkai realm, Laguna was the youngest of three triplets, whom she was never away from. As she grew, she became stronger than her sisters, but still followed them and played lackey to their schemes. She was sent to the Academy alone partly to get her out of their shadows, but also with a mission to scout of the human realm in search of a suitable new home for her expanding kingdom (a mission she has difficulty remembering to do).

Weakness: Laguna lacks ambition and initiative, and could easily become dependent on others to make decisions for her. She needs to learn to think for herself and become her own person.

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below: Laguna has developed a fondness for human food, despite its lack of nutritional value to a mermaid. She will almost always be eating as a result, usually fast foods or snacks. She especially likes tacos.

Last edited:

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Years
Ok, I hope I didn't make my history too long, and I introduced a kappa because it's considered a youkai, right? And I couldn't think of any other youkai that might be friendly.
So is it okay now?

Sapphire Rose

Years
Full name: Laguna Beach
Species: Mermaid

Appearance:
medium.jpg

In her human form, Laguna is 5' tall with an athlete's lean build. Her pale blue hair resembles the scales of her true form, though she wears it in a long ponytail when out of the water. Oddly, her teeth are sharp and predatory in all forms. For clothes, she prefers to keep it light, generally wearing a tank top over a fishnet shirt with long sleeves. She despises pants, instead opting for a skirt, and goes barefoot when she can, wearing flipflops when she can't.

Personality: Laguna is one of the most friendly, energetic, and silly girls you could meet. She likes to have fun and loves cute things, although she's none too bright. She tends to lose focus and need to be reminded to stay on task or else she'll be completely lost.

History: Born in the Youkai realm, Laguna was the youngest of three triplets, whom she was never away from. As she grew, she became stronger than her sisters, but still followed them and played lackey to their schemes. She was sent to the Academy alone partly to get her out of their shadows, but also with a mission to scout of the human realm in search of a suitable new home for her expanding kingdom (a mission she has difficulty remembering to do).

Weakness: Laguna lacks ambition and initiative, and could easily become dependent on others to make decisions for her. She needs to learn to think for herself and become her own person.

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below: Laguna has developed a fondness for human food, despite its lack of nutritional value to a mermaid. She will almost always be eating as a result, usually fast foods or snacks. She especially likes tacos.

I really like your character and how you took advantage of her aging process as a mermaid! :) I would only like to ask you to expand the personality section a little bit more. Since I asked everyone to keep the history brief, I had hoped people would automatically write a little bit more in the personality part. Just a little bit more detailed and what her hobbies are and stuff should already give you enough for a whole or maybe two paragraphs! You're almost good to go!

Ok, I hope I didn't make my history too long, and I introduced a kappa because it's considered a youkai, right? And I couldn't think of any other youkai that might be friendly.
So is it okay now?

I'm going to PM you when I get home :)

Sapphire Rose

Years
Name : Harold Whiterune
Species : Wizard

Appearance : Harold is 5'7" tall with lean athlethic build. He has black hair and blue eyes. He wear a white long sleeved shirt and black vest with knee length light brown trench coat. For the bottom part he use a black pants with brown belt and black shoes. He also carries a multipurpose pouch in his left belt usually concealed by his trench coat. He likes to use a bowler hat and use sunglasses for fieldwork or outdoor mission (Otherwise he just use a regular glasses). For weapons he use a double edged longsword with white sheath and rune engravings on it that he can summon at will (he is adept with sword but not par on the level of Yasha, he also use sword to channel some of his magic).

History: Harold born from a mage father & mother who is already adapting to human world, he only have a little sister 4 years younger than him. He learned magic from 12 years old, learning different kind of magics (Mostly european style, but he also learn few japanese style magic) and swordsmanship. He entered the academy to hone his skills farther than before.

Personality : Harold is a cheerful guy who loves to smile a lot. He enjoy reading books on history and magic and learning swordsmanship. He loves to eat sweets and latte coffees. He is also an analytical and hardworking person. However, sometimes takes slightly too much risk in experiments if it doesn't harm any other people.

Weakness : Harold often overworks himself and he is secretive about his important matters, which made him carry his own burden without sharing it with others.

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below: Allergies, i guess not. Um.. maybe i'm just going to write the fact that currently for more intermediate level magic he still have to use helping tools and medium

Well.. that's not all about the character.. but.. I'll PM you with rest of the details, i hope this is fine.

I read your PM and gave you a reply. I told you about the changes you should make too c: I'm also going to tell you what I told pretty much everyone else, could you expand your personality a bit more? Almost all of the information is there, I know... but I would like to see it a little more detailed. Could you also describe any bad character traits he might have?

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

Rin Wrangell
17 years old ❆ ♂ ❆ Yuki Onna / Snowman
Theme song:

Appearance: Rin is roughly 6' tall and fairly strong, at least for his species' standards. And yet, a human could easily think he's ill: no matter which form he's in, his skin is very pale, his eyes some kind of pearlescent pink, his hair blond, almost white, and his build still rather thin despite his strength. All of this, coupled with his lack of facial hair, also make him look a bit younger than he actually is.

Back at home, Rin's choice of clothes was very limited: most of his items were handmade, and overall quite similar to traditional Inuit clothing, while a minority were normal, if not underwhelming human clothes that other Yokai would buy in a faraway town. Of course, the Snowman always preferred the former, but eventually had to give them up when he moved to the Academy, all the way in Japan. Now, beside the obligatory uniform, Rin still has in its closet a couple of sweaters and jeans (the most common colors are blue and white) and a large, "contemporary" red parka.

Rin's collection of accessories includes a pair of gloves, a scarf, various hats, and more recently a backpack in which he often stores his text books. Aside from that, though, he's never been keen on jewelry. As for footwear, Rin's always been used to boots and hi-top shoes.

Personality: Like most snowmen, Rin is usually calm and reserved, never going out of his way to start new conversations. He does, however, start to open up more around people he knows well - and in a sense, he often needs to be in company of friends to just let go of his emotions. Even then, Rin is generally loyal and honest, usually speaking what's on his mind without second thoughts.

That is because, beneath the surface, Rin is much less detached than he seems. He is, instead, quite the stubborn boy, and when something is really important to him he won't hesitate doing all he can to accomplish it. And, he's also rather curious: this is especially true now that he's in a completely different environment, the Academy, and has realized how marginal and basic his understanding of the world was before.

About that, though, Rin's path will be a rough one. He is still quite naive and narrow minded, not very knowledgeable, and still struggles with reading and talking (beyond your usual, basic conversations). Again, this was something he never realized was a problem, because due to his isolation, his Yokai peers were so few that they were all bound to become friends. At the Academy, though, given all the different students one can find, Rin struggles to do his part. And let's not mention the lessons and the books he has to read.

History: Rin was born and raised in that barren, frozen land that is Eastern Alaska. Only a couple villages and abandoned mines sometimes emerge from the snow and the forest that, according to what his family told him, belonged to Yuki-Onna for centuries. Humans living in the area were never as many as the Yokai, and by now nearly all of them are just tourists. Because of this, Rin has never seen a human up close, despite hearing news about them relatively often.

At first, that never bothered him much. He was happy enough with his life out in the wilderness: hunting, chopping down trees, scavenging, resting and having fun with his few friends before going out hunting once again. Occasionally, he and other Yokai would all meet up in an old tavern, where they would hang out together and discuss the latest news. That was really the only way for Rin not to become completely isolated from the rest of Planet Earth, but at the same time it really had its limits.

All of that made Rin feel like a spectator: for example, while he knew about the existence of smartphones, computers and internet, he never touched one or used one. Or, he knew about the existence of other places beside his humble glacier, but never was there. But there was another problem: his source of news were always the same - local newspapers, folk tales and stories, all filtered through his family and friends' judgment first.

That never really bothered Rin though: a sheltered life in the middle of nowhere required no changes on his part. That was, until the whole area started to get progressively warmer, and less comfortable for him to live in. No, worse, until wildfires struck Alaska with an intensity never seen before. Obviously, his family had started to plan an escape to the Yokai world, but Rin disapproved, and for the first time realized just how powerless he was.

Determined to change this, he got to know about Yokai Academy through an unlikely series of contacts, and was given everything he needed to attend the school. But at which price, Rin doesn't know - or doesn't care about - to this day.

Weakness: Rin has never needed to use magic - after all, his specialty are physical blows. But now that he's realized how helpful it could be, he really wants to improve in this field. Even now, he struggles with concealing his - by nature - lower body temperature, and because of this feels pain when other people who aren't snowmen touch him. He also can't cast any ranged magic or control water like many Yuki-Onnas do.

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below: Rin hates spicy food with a passion!

OOC Information / Sources:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Full name: Rin Wrangell
Appearance: Rin is almost 6' tall and fairly strong for being a young yuki onna. And yet, a normal human may easily think he's ill - his skin is very pale, his eyes almost purple, his hair platinum blonde. He looked quite scruffy, too, although he's been trying to fix this in preparation for joining the Academy.
Especially when staying on the Earth, Rin tries his best to dress up as much as possible, covering everything but his face with clothes. This is to conceal his low body temperature and yokai features. He usually achieves this by using items like winter boots, a scarf, a beanie and certain kinds of coats such as parkas: they don't need to keep the cold out though, but to keep it in instead. This is somewhat less of an issue in the yokai world, of course.

Personality: Rin's personality was definitely shaped by his secluded, but active lifestyle. He would often help with managing home, adventure outside in the mountains or hunt animals together with other yuki onnas. So, like most snowmen, Rin is usually taciturn, reserved and serious. He likes to plan in advance his choices and his activities, rather than being in a rush. Furthermore, he has a good sense of orientation and overall physical prowess.

Hunting, on the other hand, made Rin more stubborn as well: when he's set on an objective, he'll do all in his power to achieve it, just like a hunter keeps chasing the prey, and will in turn become more eager and hot headed. In other words, he won't back down from a fight.
Being secluded also caused him to be quite underwhelming in normal conversation: Rin is not good at hiding his true feelings, even if they could hurt others. Plus, he sometimes falls into the mistake of oversimplifying reality, basically painting everyone with the same brush.

Rin values the environment where he grew up, alongside all the other yokai he's met there... even though they're very few. There are at most four other yokai he could consider as friends, but he's alright with that and cares deeply about that tight-knit group. Yes, even if one of them is a Mermaid!
Rin has only seen humans from a distance, where they wouldn't notice him back. Most of the things he knows about them come from the stories of other yokai. Not long ago, Rin started to blame the humans for what happened to his earthly home, and to consider them uncapable of taking care of their world: but deep inside, he still hopes for a reconciliation. Living a quiet life in the mountains, in his mind, is to be preferred over risking your life in a war.

History: Rin has been raised on the Earth somewhere in North America, in a very cold place overlooked by most humans, but home of many Yuki Onnas for centuries. He doesn't know much about his first years - no one told him anything about it. His home was up in the mountains and at a safe distance from the nearest town, where only his relatives would go from time to time. He in fact lived a quite sheltered life up there, until recently...
The entire area had become more involved in human activities, but also more dangerous for Yuki Onnas, with wildfires increasing in size and frequency. That is why Rin's family decided to try and find a new home in the Yokai world. Rin, however, never wanted to leave, and is now determined to reclaim his home!
Of course, in order to accomplish this, he will need all the help it can get, including the various lessons that are held at the Academy.

Weakness: Unlike many other Yuki Onnas, Rin is rather bad at using his magical powers. After all, he didn't really need them: his lifestyle was that secluded. This also means his human form is not perfect: his hands look rather off and he is not warm like humans.

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below: Spicy food is to be avoided at all costs, he just can't stand it. The worst case scenario being, obviously, peppers. He's sure he's allergic to them, yet has no medical exam to prove it.
How did he even come across one? Probably a prank made in the yokai world...

OOC: resorting to pictures of characters I know... I'd say the sign up is all filled, all it needs is better css :D
I hope it's alright for a snow man!

This looks really good <3 I really like it c: Welcome to Youkai Academy! Rin is now a student!

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I think I'm gonna be working on a Youko, more details incoming when I get writing! Right now it's time to nurse this headache.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
gyUE0jN.png

Karma Arameia (17) ♀
Yasha and regretting it

Traditions die hard, but sometimes the sanctity of those traditions isn't so easy to instill in the generations to come. So it was for 13 year old Karma upon realizing that she was able to summon youkai.

And she didn't want to.

No, Karma was a girl just trying to fit in and having a hard enough time with that. When her third eye first appeared it raised so much uproar that she was almost forced to change schools. "Almost" because she managed to take care of it by wearing a hat to school. A baseball cap, to be specific. This, ironically, made her stand out even more and she started to gain a sense of self loathing as a result. At the time, anyways. As she grew older she would begin to understand the nature of her heritage and hate that instead. Needless to say, living as a human while not actually being a human was surprisingly tough.

While she didn't get along with her family as a result of their insistence that she be proud of her heritage, there was one member of her family that she did get along with quite well, her grandfather. He was a sweet man who saw Karma as his pride and joy regardless of how she felt about her family. He never forced anything on her and it made him easy to talk to in a way that she didn't really have with anyone else. It was he who gave her the 10 yen coin that she would later use to summon youkai, telling her that no one is forced to be what they don't want to be. At the time this felt a bit ironic that he was giving her a literal tool of her kin that she likely wasn't going to use.

Karma would eventually reach high school and upon doing so realize that the world was very, very different. Kids wouldn't think she was odd for her long bangs or the weird hats she would wear, and in fact she found herself bothered and stared at far less by pretty much everyone. High school was a time of self invention and self discovery, everyone was figuring out who they were. It felt like a break for once, one that she would welcome with open arms until a particular day. Even though she was being judged less and less, Karma made it a point to hide her third eye. She wasn't human, after all, and that was something no amount of self-discovery could justify. But she still had feelings, and this was where her talent for standing out would come to be a boon rather than a bane.

After school one day Karma was approached by a classmate that she hadn't really talked to much. This classmate talked about how she was always interested in Karma as her name was as unusual as was pretty much everything about her. She also thought Karma was cute and made that very clear. Karma was taken aback by this, as the last thing that she had on her mind was the status of her sexuality, and even more she was worried that if someone did peek into her life they wouldn't like what they found inside. But she also found herself unable to push this girl away. Whether it was because she had feelings for the girl at the time or because she just wanted a friend was hard to say, but the two soon became very close. Other than her grandfather there wasn't really anybody else that made Karma feel as comfortable as she did.

Time passed and Karma's friend, named Yisa (Like Lisa but with a Y, completely self-styled), decided to finally make a move. As the two were watching TV in Karma's room, Yisa decided to take advantage of Karma's almost trance-like immersion in the show to give her something else to think about. She crawled over her and put herself in front of Karma, who was so in shock by the whole thing that the most she could manage were weird facial expressions, which Yisa obviously found adorable. She slowly moved her face closer to Karma's and as she did, her forehead rubbed against and pushed up the fringe of Karma's hat (which, at the time, was a sun hat, since it was bordering on Summer at the time). As she did, it was then that she caught note of something bizarre, that thing of course being an eye being right where it wasn't supposed to be. When she noticed it she paused, and this gave Karma enough time to collect herself, jump onto the bed behind her, and pull down her hat in fear. Karma knew that something like that would happen, she started to doubt why she ever decided to let Yisa into her life to begin with. That doubt failed to solidify as Yisa smacked the hat out off of her head and gently placed her lips on Karma's.

And for a while, she was happy, but it wasn't long before she realized that letting her guard down was never a good idea.

Karma's family always enjoyed having Yisa over as despite Karma's distaste for her family, her family loved her to death, so seeing her having a friend over for once was something they were more than accommodating for. When Karma was invited over to Yisa's place, she was cautiously optimistic. Her parents weren't nearly as high energy as Karma's were, though she just chalked that up to them being different people. But because of how sheltered she was, she didn't realize the small things. Small things such as how Yisa would be quiet when passing by their living room or why she might have told Karma to not leave her room until she was ready to leave. Or why Yisa didn't come to school the next day.

When she did finally come back, Yisa was substantially less cheerful than she had been before, and she practically clung to Karma. The yasha tried over and over to get her girlfriend to talk about what was going on but she would just try to change the subject. But it clearly wasn't a secret that she wanted to keep and by the end of the day she would spill the particularly sour beans. The two went into a stall in bathroom, Yisa took off her shirt, and revealed several bruises. Her house wasn't a safe place, and after Karma left that day she got into a fight with her already abusive father about Karma and who and what she was. He told her to stay away, calling Karma a monster after having seen her third eye for himself, but Yisa couldn't do that. Her happiness was with Karma, she was how she made it through every single day.

Karma, too, had her own decisions to make, though. She was overtaken by an unbalanced mix of happiness, sadness, and rage that threw her rationale out the window. She was happy that even despite the circumstances, Yisa stood by her regardless of her own safety, but at the same time she didn't want Yisa to get hurt anymore, she didn't want to be treated like some inhuman creature undeserving of respect. She went to her family's storage area. To her it'd just been a garage, she didn't really know much about what it was or what was in there other than some spare swords. Something that she had a natural aptitude for using. And other people weren't going to be hurt for something she couldn't control. So she took one of the spare blades, put out a tarp

And made a terrible mistake.

Blood began to spill from her forehead almost uncontrollably as her eye lay on the ground, slowly shriveling and looking at nothing in particular. Karma screamed as she clung onto her wound, moving to and fro until she hit the wall and blacked out. When she woke up, it had grown dark outside. She felt dazed, drained, and empty, but as she started to come back to reality she noticed that her eye was oddly pickled and preserved in a jar, the sword was placed back, the blood was cleaned up, and there was a strange wooden mask on the floor next to her. The door to the storage area was locked from the inside so it didn't seem as if someone else came in. And as she brushed her hair away from her face, she realized that there wasn't even a wound or a hole or anything like that. Her forehead was normal. That wasn't all that was different.

The next day as she arrived at school Karma was immediately called into the principal's office. Upon arriving she was greeted by a news story playing on the TV next to him involving a couple being brutally injured, albeit not mortally so. This didn't faze her at first, until she realized that the family in question was Yisa's. The principal went on to say that she couldn't be charged because, frankly, no one believes a human could hurt them the way they were injured and he, of all people, knew that she was a bit awkward but for the most part a good student. However Yisa's family- her father in particular, kept pushing and pushing that she was the one who did it to them and because of her relation to Yisa it did seem at least slightly plausible, putting the principal in an uncomfortable position. He offered, for her safety, that she take the next few days off, something she obliged as the whole situation made her feel odd. Everything recently was making her feel confused.

Seeing her girlfriend smile again made it all worth it, though.

When she arrived home her family was waiting for her, and it was the most upset she'd ever seen them. Well, "dismayed" is a better word. They sat her down and told her that she was transferring to a live-in school. At this she protested, but for the first time in her life they shot back. They explained to her that the Arameia family comes from a long line of information brokers, investigators, and historians for all things youkai. While the storage shed was partially for yasha training equipment, it was also just as much used for storing items they were to look into, keep safe, or keep others safe from. The mask that she had clasped to her pants (something even she hadn't noticed) was supposedly possessed by someone or some people. They didn't ask her to put it back however and, instead, said that they would like her to take it back to its point of origin, Youkai Academy, where she'd be attending. Many questions floating around in her head, she still protested saying she wouldn't leave Yisa behind.

Of the two of them, she was the only one that shared this sentiment. Yisa was there, and though she wasn't happy about it she wanted her to go just as much as Karma's parents. Yisa explained that she loved her a lot and what happened to her parents she was actually thankful for, rather than mad about. But Karma's eye being gone, what she did to herself, there was too much hatred for herself and who she was. But she didn't want that for Karma because Yisa legitimately loved Karma's family, she felt at home there in a way that she didn't in her own home, and it felt like Karma's family felt the same way about Karma but she didn't return that feeling and it cut her deep to see over and over again. Yisa wasn't going anywhere, her feelings weren't going anywhere. She just wanted Karma to be happy, and for now that meant letting her go.

---

Weakness: Loneliness. Yasha aren't necessarily predisposed to feelings of loneliness but because of average lifespan of one it can be pretty difficult to live a full love life. The idea of "'til death do us part" is all too real for them, and isolation is doubly an issue for those who have more difficulty blending into human society the way Karma has. While some in her situation would turn to family for support, her loathing for her family makes even this difficult.

Allergies? Anything other? Please write down below:

• Her natural hair color is actually purple and that's what she was born with. Though the human side of her family generally has black hair as a result of hailing from the east, there were certain recessive genes at play that made her hair look an unnatural color when, really, it's a result of her bloodline. The yellow and white streaks were her trying, and failing, to test out other colors, and as her roots began to grow black as she got older, she ended up becoming the peacock she is today. Needless to say, her talent for standing out is only really aided by being a yasha but it certainly isn't the result of it.
  • She still wears hats out of habit, even if they generally mess up her hair and not as much as she did when she had three eyes. Her favorite type of hat is the sun cap, right next to hoodies.
  • She keeps the mask she found clasped to her pants though she's not really sure why she carries it around with her or even kept it at all.
  • Jeans and Khakis are her drug and if you diss denim she's gonna khaki your ass.

Last edited:
Back