• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Dub or sub

SkyEmpress

Emperor of Destruction Guzma
Years
  • im always a person who likes original the best..however such anime like gw and dbz/dbgt I grew up watching the dub version..
    certain anime I like better as dub like InuYasha
    but like my fav anime Shaman king I prefer the japanse version. mostly due them skipping whole scenes

Years
  • I prefer Dubs over Subs, i watch Pokemon for dubs though, but i also like to watch anime in an sub for anime that is uncut and uncensored, not for Pokemon at all.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hmmmm, depends on the series.

Sometimes I prefer the dub voices, and sometimes I prefer the sub.

Actually in some cases, I also watch both. lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm actually kind of surprised that I prefer subs when given the option between the two. I used to hate them and any sort of captions, but the first few series I watched while getting into anime either hadn't been dubbed yet, or the dub was so poor that I switched over to subs.

Anything I grew up watching (Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, etc.) I'll keep watching dubbed when I go back to it, but I think I'll be sticking with subs for the most part now.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I prefer sub just slightly more although it depends on the anime. With that being said, a lot of anime that I watch is only available in Japanese which is the reason as to why I prefer it.

Back