• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Trailer for next Pokémon Anime series revealed

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • I'm gonna make a game called "is this episode filler" and we're all gonna play lol cause I really feel like, according to your criteria, that there is a lot less filler than you think.

[edit] i made the game :P

Beyond that, I'm not sure why it's so important for Pokémon to be a fast-moving, plot-filled anime. The games are the base story, and are generally paced pretty well. The two reasons for the anime are really a) marketing and b) worldbuilding. It's also designed for kids, and fairly episodic so that kids don't feel like they've missed out if they haven't caught a few episodes. I actually think Pokémon has historically had some of the better pacing and plot-filler balance of shows in its category.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I... don't think Alola had THAT much filler. Sure, it maybe had 4 or 5 episodes, but nothing else. In almost every episode, we have seen a new character and see how its life is like, and if we already know it, we seen more deeply its life or personality, like Mallow's brother, Nina and her boyfriend/husband, etc. And most of other episodes called "filler" had Ash/Classmates learning something new about the world or showing us new things about their Pokémon's personality.

Mayy

The Princess of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2021
    I really hope May and Lillie return, i miss May and I'm already starting to miss Lillie
    :(

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    As long as it has half as much action or drama as XY&Z did, I'll be totally on board. I loved that series the most out of the more recent ones!

I really hope May and Lillie return, i miss May and I'm already starting to miss Lillie
    :(
    BRING BACK MAY 2K20

even though i know they won't :(

Back