• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fate/Grand Order

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • Just finished Agartha in time for Shimousa's release. I didn't think it was as bad as everyone was saying. There was definitely some enjoyment to be had despite it's obvious flaws. (Fergus Lily when?)

It's gonna be hard to resist rolling for Archer of Inferno, but Salem is so close...

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Honestly i was being unlucky in class today, also i actually got bumped by a car on the way. And so angrily i rolled and i got Archer of Inferno. And i also got unlucky on late night D&D session and got killed there, another roll and it's assassin of paraiso. Welp, i guess rolling when you're unlucky does give you good luck on gacha

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Yeah, that Reddit thread is just about how her design looks almost identical to another Servant that the artist has drawn; side-by-side comparison here, and here is someone super-imposing the two. In my humble opinion, it's really not that big of a deal. The artist made the mistake of using the same pose with their distinct art style, but even if it doesn't look like Takeuchi-Sakura (Takeuchi is the Fate artist, and Sakura is the girl that Parvati is using to manifest in the world), the higher-up art directors must have thought it was fine to let it exist and the cuteness of it definitely suits her caring demeanour anyway. Speaking of Takeuchi, it's ironic that he gets no criticism for his own art style considering everything...looks...the same. I get there's a lore reason for Saberface (Artoria, Jeanne, Okita, Nero, etc. sharing the same face), but WHY DO WAVER AND BEDIVERE AND- Alright I think I made my point.

I managed to roll another Parvati and have her at NP2 now. Super stoked about that, as now I am completely free to pick Queen of Sheba or Archer of Inferno for the free SR ticket next year. She'll also be super useful in the upcoming Archer of Purgatorio boss battle in Shimosa too, so that's something! Can't wait to get the Grail from this Singularity and the one from the upcoming Halloween banner too, I can Grail her to 90 and then have enough time to save five more for Archer Jeanne when she releases.

Years
  • I tried for Inferno but had no luck, I got literally only Ideal Holy King for my efforts LMAO. It's probably the worst result of multiple summons I've had but I'm not too bummed since she's not story locked and has a few more rate-ups in the future. Worst case scenario I can use the SR ticket on her. I did get some Inshun's but I also have 4 million FP waiting in the wings so I was getting him one way or another.

Ironically the art director is Takeuchi, but about him not getting criticism... that's false, he does get criticised for his frequent re-use of poses and same face syndrome. He just doesn't receive the same amount of backlash for it. His art is practically the primary art-style of Fate, people are accustomed to it and like it so there's less people getting vocally upset about it. Waver and Bedivere are different artists.

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • This banner seems to be cursed for a lot of people. A friend of mine had saved 800-ish SQ for Musashi, and only get her in the second to last 30 roll; before that, he obtained NP3 Jeanne, NP3 Altera, NP3 Scheherazade, an Ozymandias, and so on... Nevermind the Quartz he already spent on the New Year's banner. Also I was wrong about Bedivere, but Waver's artist is definitely Takeuchi!

Shimosa seems pretty cool so far! Yet to run into an enemy boss that'll make me hate life as much as Gawain did. I really hope that the little kids (Babylonia spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Oh I didn't mean Waver wasn't drawn by Takeuchi, just that Waver and Bedivere do not share an artist. Did he really get 11 five star servants from 800 SQ, that's amazing. Even if it's only 5 five star servants from 800 SQ, that's still so good. I've absolutely gone 1k+ quartz without a single one dropping, meanwhile some people I know have been able to get multiple servants from tickets alone. I wouldn't say it's frustrating since it's the nature of these kinds of things but your friend should treasure that result because at least the final outcome included Musashi.

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Sorry, I misunderstood and feel even dumber now 😅. And I mistyped that really badly; he already had said Servants at NP2, and was able to NP3 those ones from this banner. If you don't consider the rate-up, it is indeed very good luck either way, and he now actually has more SSRs than I do yet he only buys Quartz for GSSR, whereas I... Uh...

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but here's my support list with my Friend Code at the top! (Just above the text I inserted into the pic, to stop scammers from using the screenshot.) I've only recently added Vlad here after feeling guilty that he was NP3 and barely used; he'll be level 90 soon.
    Spoiler:

I also have other supports like Jeanne Alter, Waver, Merlin, etc. that I can swap if anyone really needs them, but I figured that you see them so much that people might appreciate something a little different at least. Finally, I don't mind PMs about this stuff if you're trying to add me and it's not working, or you want me to change something around.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    How was Shimousa for you guys? I surprisingly liked it a lot, compared to the previous 2 pseudo-singularities which were mind of meh for me.
    There were some challenging fights like the
    Spoiler:
    but overall it wasn't stupid difficult.

Before playing though it I was aware that Danzo is a fan favorite in JP but I had no idea why, especially since she's quite lackluster compared to some other assassins. Now I get it...
    Rolled some tickets this morning and instead of getting her, I managed to get Gramps, which is still a win. When the 4-star ticket comes around some time next year, Danzo is probably my pick.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Difficulty wise, the only map I had to start again was the Empireo fight; it would be so nice to have Single-Target Archers, but Chloe pulled through all the same despite only being 4/4/1. It was more dumb luck that I made it through comfortably the second time though; Empireo spent two whole turns spamming buffs/debuffs and allowed Merlin's NP to heal the whole team for two turns, it was whacked. That's not to say that the whole Singularity itself wasn't challenging, it was probably knowing that it was challenging that stopped me from letting my guard down, similar to how people were preparing their Euryale whole months in advance of Camelot release and therefore making that specific fight (y'all know the one) rather easy.

Story-wise, I have to admit that I found the damn monologues one stiff breeze away from becoming skippable. But once it got going, holy heck did it go down hard.
    Spoiler:

Kinda hoping they skip Salem now so we can get to Lostbelt and start seeing the story really progress.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Here is my friend code by the way:
    Spoiler:

Nothing amazing, but I do have max bond Herc and I put Euryale up if there's cheesing to be done.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I finished Shimousa last night, it was good. I didn't really have issues with any of the fights. You could argue being brough down to backline Herc for the double trouble was an issue but he had all his guts remaining so he easily had a few more turns in him to take out the small amount of remaining health.
    Spoiler:
    here is my code
    Spoiler:
    I'm saving my grails for Santaltera and then I'll decide whether to take NitoAss to 90 or if I just want to swap Shuten in.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Lucario's ID is coming up as invalid, but I got Crackin added! NitoButt is indeed good civ but if you're not feeling like Grailing her, that's fair as well. There's too many Caster and Assassin Grail candidates sadly.

Years
  • I'll probably wait until the summer rerun and if I can get some NP levels on her then I'll feel better about grailing her. It took me 480 quartz and my small stash of tickets I was trying to build back up to get just one copy of her so I don't have faith. I was dealing with the android crashing issue for the first two days of the event, I couldn't play for longer than a minute so I just didn't play. It seems like it was a blessing in disguise because I wasn't far enough in the event for the other bug that removed mission progress to affect me if it did at all.
    Spoiler:

The new not-Halloween event in JP looks interesting, mostly because of how suspicious the information that has been released is, or lack thereof. I am not disappointed that they just ditched the Halloween theme because I have no attachment to it.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I gotcha fam, and yes, considering how much people seem to hate her localisation, she appears to be all yours :' ).

I also had a very similar problem with rolling for Nitocris, except I was dumb enough to summon on the first day instead of her solo rate-up and miraculously pulled her with my last bit of Quartz after some spooks, NP2 Nero and a Fran. I got caught up in the hype and I really felt like shit until the moment I was able to save a bit more to the fated 30 and roll again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    So about that maintenance fiasco...
    I'm not really mad about the streak being broken. We will get the compensation for the 8 mil campaign eventually and the amount of free quartz they gave use did put a smile on my face.
    What I am not happy about is staying up late to try and preserve the streak since it was said there would a 2 hour window to log in, just to be denied.

Years
  • I enjoyed the chaos. Maintenance of absurd lengths never fail to produce quality content from the community. I couldn't care less about things out of my control, once they extended it to 24 hours it was out of my hands but the timing of it was also not problematic for me since it was the two hours before I went to work. I never really acknowledged my total login number anyway, for a number I care about; I hit Lv140 last week and got that juicy extra point for team building.

Back