• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aquamarine (Version 3.0.0, updated as of November 21, 2023)

Which of the 9 variants do you plan on playing?

• Opal (Eevee)

Votes: 48 6.7%
  • Aquamarine (Vaporeon)

Votes: 116 16.3%
  • Topaz (Jolteon)

Votes: 49 6.9%
  • Garnet (Flareon)

Votes: 23 3.2%
  • Amethyst (Espeon)

Votes: 86 12.1%
  • Onyx (Umbreon)

Votes: 144 20.2%
  • Turquoise (Leafeon)

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Quartz (Glaceon)

Votes: 66 9.3%
  • Zircon (Sylveon)

Votes: 141 19.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    Hi there! For the life of me, I cannot find Mudkip! I tried looking at the map from the Pokedex but it's not really helpful. I'm loving the hack so far though! :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi there! For the life of me, I cannot find Mudkip! I tried looking at the map from the Pokedex but it's not really helpful. I'm loving the hack so far though! :)

I know the mudkip line can be found in the water tiles of the delta desert. Other than that, I think mudkip has a chance of appearing in the water tiles just outside the entrance of the lost woods

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Hey, I'm playing Amethyst version and I picked the Eevee with the sunny disposition. When I fought my rival on the Titanic II, he had an Umbreon doll by his side, but he used an Espeon. One other thing, you let us have Feebas so early in the game, but its evolution method practically guarantees that it will miss out on most of Milotic's level up moves. I'm not sure if trading is in the game and Beauty isn't in the game in Fire red, wouldn't it make sense to give it an alternate evolution method? Just my thought. Other than that, I am absolutely loving the game. Great job!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, I'm playing Amethyst version and I picked the Eevee with the sunny disposition. When I fought my rival on the Titanic II, he had an Umbreon doll by his side, but he used an Espeon. One other thing, you let us have Feebas so early in the game, but its evolution method practically guarantees that it will miss out on most of Milotic's level up moves. I'm not sure if trading is in the game and Beauty isn't in the game in Fire red, wouldn't it make sense to give it an alternate evolution method? Just my thought. Other than that, I am absolutely loving the game. Great job!

Oh, nice catch! Let me know if the rival has espeon in any later battles, I'll take a look into it!
    As for Feebas, I made it so that it is able to evolve via happiness (hence why it's holding a soothe bell). The beauty mechanic still works, but there's no way to increase beauty in vanilla firered, so happiness is the go-to. As for missing out on level-up moves, I put the move tutor pretty early on (right outside of Mt. Ande if I recall correctly) and made TinyMushrooms buyable in Solstice City.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, I'm playing Amethyst version and I picked the Eevee with the sunny disposition. When I fought my rival on the Titanic II, he had an Umbreon doll by his side, but he used an Espeon. One other thing, you let us have Feebas so early in the game, but its evolution method practically guarantees that it will miss out on most of Milotic's level up moves. I'm not sure if trading is in the game and Beauty isn't in the game in Fire red, wouldn't it make sense to give it an alternate evolution method? Just my thought. Other than that, I am absolutely loving the game. Great job!

It just dawned on me that Feebas actually holds an amulet coin when you get it. Big whoops on my part. But yeah, evolution via happiness.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    I cannot use rock smash in sun island, once I use it the game freezes.

is it a bug?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I cannot use rock smash in sun island, once I use it the game freezes.

is it a bug?

Yeah, that should be a bug on versions 1.0.0-1.0.1. It should be addressed in the most recent update, just replace the old .gba file with the updated one and you'll be able to access your save on the updated version.
    If it turns out you are on the updated version already, let me know which rock crashes the game, as I may have missed fixing a couple.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Yeah, that should be a bug on versions 1.0.0-1.0.1. It should be addressed in the most recent update, just replace the old .gba file with the updated one and you'll be able to access your save on the updated version.
    If it turns out you are on the updated version already, let me know which rock crashes the game, as I may have missed fixing a couple.

I got the 1.04 patch update, but I still cannot take down the rocks on sun island, the 3 rocks blocking the way to moltres(i think it is) will make 2 karate guys near freeze, when I press start and cancel they move again

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024

ah yeah, that place is called Corona beach, and when I talk to the karate guys while they are frozen, the game freezes

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Great game.
    I'm having issues trying to find the Sapphire for Celio. Any thoughts? I thought it would be on Void Island somewhere but getting to that hole on the island isn't working since the guy who is blocking it won't go away.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Great game.
    I'm having issues trying to find the Sapphire for Celio. Any thoughts? I thought it would be on Void Island somewhere but getting to that hole on the island isn't working since the guy who is blocking it won't go away.

Oh, weird. That guy has no reason to be there, I might just remove him altogether since the only real prerequisite to get past him is to have the HM for Waterfall. Try talking to Jade at her house in Port Aurora, maybe that triggers it? If not, let me know and I'll put up a patch that fixes this issue.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I got the 1.04 patch update, but I still cannot take down the rocks on sun island, the 3 rocks blocking the way to moltres(i think it is) will make 2 karate guys near freeze, when I press start and cancel they move again

Ah man, gotcha. Is it just those three rocks? When you applied the patch, did you load the rom directly to the same location, or did you refresh the map beforehand by going to a different map?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Ah man, gotcha. Is it just those three rocks? When you applied the patch, did you load the rom directly to the same location, or did you refresh the map beforehand by going to a different map?

I tried to go to other places and then re-enter Corona beach, but all the rocks are still not breakable, those 3 at the hillside are still freezing the game

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I tried to go to other places and then re-enter Corona beach, but all the rocks are still not breakable, those 3 at the hillside are still freezing the game

In trying to replicate the problem, I found that all rocks in Corona beach don't break, even though the animation does play out. I can't replicate the freezing part though. The whole area seems to be really buggy, so I think I'll redesign the map layout whenever I have the time. Thanks for pointing this out by the way, it definitely helps!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    In trying to replicate the problem, I found that all rocks in Corona beach don't break, even though the animation does play out. I can't replicate the freezing part though. The whole area seems to be really buggy, so I think I'll redesign the map layout whenever I have the time. Thanks for pointing this out by the way, it definitely helps!

Thanks for that, I really appreciate your help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Oh, weird. That guy has no reason to be there, I might just remove him altogether since the only real prerequisite to get past him is to have the HM for Waterfall. Try talking to Jade at her house in Port Aurora, maybe that triggers it? If not, let me know and I'll put up a patch that fixes this issue.

I figured it out, lol. I ended up remembering the same scenario from the original FireRed.
    By the way, are there any plans for a location list?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for that, I really appreciate your help.

I'll start on a fix in a little bit. For now, one way to bypass this might be to try using rock smash directly from the pokemon menu instead of from the overworld since that worked in version 1.0 where using rock smash would just crash the game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I figured it out, lol. I ended up remembering the same scenario from the original FireRed.
    By the way, are there any plans for a location list?

Ah yeah, that bit was pretty vague in the original games as there's no hint as to how to get that guy out of the way. I thought that adding a waterfall there would be a good enough hint to come back to that point once the stuff in port aurora was done with. What did end up being the requirement?

I'm not familiar with location lists. Do those list locations with the pokemon you can find there? I know there's definitely demand for something like that, though it seems like a lot of effort. If I can't figure out how to update the pokedex location tracker with the new region design, I'll definitely consider it.

Last edited:
    Back