• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4-digit National Pokedex Entry Numbers (Proper Screen Display?)

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
Years
  • (I don't know if this is the proper sub for this kind of post...pardon me)
    With the introduction of Gen 8, we currently have 890 entries on the Nationaldex. New expansion pack/DLCs have been announced to release this year, probably along with new gen 8 pokemon.

The problem with this, is that it leaves less and less room for fakemon if 999 limit is applied.
    Now, I was wondering if there are scripts that lets the game display 4-digit numbers or even new "indexed' numbering system on the nationaldex like for example M-001/M-01 (M stands from one thousand in Roman Numerals). Is this possible?

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • (I don't know if this is the proper sub for this kind of post...pardon me)
    With the introduction of Gen 8, we currently have 890 entries on the Nationaldex. New expansion pack/DLCs have been announced to release this year, probably along with new gen 8 pokemon.

The problem with this, is that it leaves less and less room for fakemon if 999 limit is applied.
    Now, I was wondering if there are scripts that lets the game display 4-digit numbers or even new "indexed' numbering system on the nationaldex like for example M-001/M-01 (M stands from one thousand in Roman Numerals). Is this possible?

Works just fine if you go past 1000

4-digit National Pokedex Entry Numbers (Proper Screen Display?)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There isn't a limit of 999. There is effectively no limit at all.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • You just need to put "RegionalNumber=" for each pokémon and also each region and National Dex.
    Example to Zamazenta:
    Code:
    RegionalNumber=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,78,888
    As you see, zero to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola regions. Galar Dex is 78 and National, 888.

Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    <snipped>

Hi Zephdo, I merged your other thread into this one. For the future, If you are asking questions about stuff in the Essentials engine, you should ask them here, in the Pokemon Essentials forum.

Back