• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Text Editor

__fred__40

fred
Years
  • Hey I'm having some problem to download some component needed to open A-Text,so I was wondering if there is any other good enough text editor that I could use
    Do you know any?
    Fred

Droark236

Derek
    Years
  • I've never used A-text but have it as part of Leon and Ultima's fire red patch download (I have the same problem, by the way). In any case, from what I can gather, it essentially makes scripting easier but can be quite buggy where it repoints. Why not simply script it yourself? It's really not time-consuming at all if you copy from your templates and you're sure it won't repoint in some game-breaking place.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, though and you're trying to edit fonts.

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • I've never used A-text but have it as part of Leon and Ultima's fire red patch download (I have the same problem, by the way). In any case, from what I can gather, it essentially makes scripting easier but can be quite buggy where it repoints. Why not simply script it yourself? It's really not time-consuming at all if you copy from your templates and you're sure it won't repoint in some game-breaking place.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, though and you're trying to edit fonts.

because it's an already compiled script and its long more than 1000 lines.And and rewriting all the offsets,etc. takes a lot of time

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • because it's an already compiled script and its long more than 1000 lines.And and rewriting all the offsets,etc. takes a lot of time

It is pretty easy to change texts without rewriting code. You can actually just delete the text strings and write yours, If the new text is longer than the original you can use dynamic offsets to change just the msgbox, None of the previous actions involve changing parts of the code. just text strings.

And please. Never use A-text. Tool is outdated and pretty buggy. romhacks back in the day had several bugs because of this tool.

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • It is pretty easy to change texts without rewriting code. You can actually just delete the text strings and write yours, If the new text is longer than the original you can use dynamic offsets to change just the msgbox, None of the previous actions involve changing parts of the code. just text strings.

And please. Never use A-text. Tool is outdated and pretty buggy. romhacks back in the day had several bugs because of this tool.

that is a life changer I had no clue about it ahahahh
    thx a lot

Back