• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Some Pokemon got new evolutions

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • 12 Pokemon from Kanto got new evolutions in generation II. While seven Kanto Pokemon got baby pre evolutions.

A lot of the new evolutions are either trades or friendship. Golbat to Crobat, for example, is a friendship evolution. Poliwhirl into Politoed is a trade evolution, as another example to this.

What is your favorite branched generation II evolution, and why?

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
  • I have always loved Bellossom as soon as I saw her in the pikachu short in the second movie, but I'll be honest. I never realized she was related to oddish until this past year when I found the info hwile browsing something else. Like, that totally went over my head all these years. I guess during my first gold/silver playthrough when I was a kid I just figured bellossom was really hard to find in the grass and left it at that. Never knew I needed to have a oddish/gloom. WELP.

Years
  • crobat really defined the zubat line imo. without crobat, I wouldn't know anyone who would use golbat :p

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I only really liked Politoed and Umbreon. The rest are not really appealing when compared to their previous form/evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Crobat, Umbreon, Espeon, Scizor, Steelix, Kingdra, and Blissey. I think they were all great additions. Especially Crobat and Steelix. The likes of Zubat and Onix would be long forgotten or barely used without them. I'd mention Kingdra as well, but I rarely hear of it even though I think it's such a cool evolution.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Kingdra for sure! I always found seadra to look a little too chunky for my liking, but Kingdra fixed it up with a sleek and elegant design. If you ask me, it looked more like a dragon type than Dragonite ever did.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I think Crobat and Espeon are probably my favourites from this group of Pokémon since I've used Crobat quite a lot throughout different playthroughs and Espeon was probably the best Pokémon on my team during one of my Soul Silver playthroughs. I don't think I have ever used or possibly even owned a Bellossom before.

Back